Coffee Card Issues in place of mini bar setup

Cruise2End

Currently on second leg of back to back cruises on Pacific Princess. We requested coffee cards as replacement for mini bar setup on both first and second cruise. The first two cards came as normal and were blank as usual. The second two cards came marked Pacific Princess. When we called room service and asked about the cards being marked, I explained we had never had them marked until we began using them (and we have done this at least 6 times before so just really surprised.) After my explanation, the person responded hatefully that they would replace them and hung up. We waited about a half hour but then needed to leave to go to dinner, so I called again and this time a different person answered and I explained that we had been told they’d be replacing the cards, however we were leaving the room for dinner and did they want them left in a certain place. The person responded to just leave them on the desk. We said okay. When we returned there was a message from the Asst. MaitreD advising that it was Princess policy to not issue the cards without entering the ship and voyage number on the cards beforehand. Just wondering if this has happened to others before. And no I’m not one of those people selling coffee cards on EBay. However I’m really disappointed in how they responded to my calls and the tone used. Guess we’ll give the cards away, as I really don’t use the cards for specialty coffee but just fresh brewed and my husband doesn’t drink coffee at all, so as is they’ll be of no value to us.

Currently on second leg of back to back cruises on Pacific Princess. We requested coffee cards as repla When we returned there was a message from the Asst. MaitreD advising that it was Princess policy to not issue the cards without entering the ship and voyage number on the cards beforehand. .

Yes. For the past 5 or 6 cruises, the cards I have received have the voyage numer / ship filled in.

We have such a glut, and they rarely check, that it doesn't matter.

The funniest were the ones we got 2 weeks ago.

Apparently, someone had written in one voyage number.

It was blacked out with a magic marker, and the current

voyage number was written below.

I have no idea how they would tell if room service, or the passenger, did the markup.

I’m just really disappointed at the attitude of the personnel I spoke with. We really don’t use our elite benefits to the extent we could - rarely use free laundry, don’t request canapés/ chocolate strawberries, and don,t use the special lotions stuff, so the one thing I do use is the coffee.... so sad!:(

We have been issued with ship/voyage at the back the past 2 yrs. I guess it’s the policy. Sometimes, we were successful in having it replaced with blank. I think it was based on crew’s discretion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...Guess we’ll give the cards away, as I really don’t use the cards for specialty coffee but just fresh brewed and my husband doesn’t drink coffee at all, so as is they’ll be of no value to us.

I am so sorry the person treated you rudely when all you were doing was asking the question (which they HAD to know about as this is a somewhat recently ‘enforced’ rule). I don’t have any answer to that, but given how you use the cards, just for fresh brewed and not reselling them anywhere, you at least will be able to continue just as you have in the past, getting 2 coffee cards for your mini bar. Marked or unmarked won’t really matter. You can still drink all the fresh brewed on every sailing you want with the ‘current sailing’ card and still have the ability to give away those unpunched cards to your lucky friends who want to use the punches on any cruise.

The canepes are a joke. No more chocolate Strawberries. We stopped getting them a year ago when they dropped the strawberries.Before they dropped them, the strawberries were very small. Hard to find strawberries or any other kind of berries on the ships anymore.

I'm tempted to trade in one mini bar setup for two coffee cards this coming Sunday when we're in a suite. We'll keep the setup we get for being Elite. I figure that even if they write down the voyage number, we can use it for the punches on a future cruise and for the free specialty tea bags on this cruise. DH's card from our cruise in August has a lot of punches left. He only drinks cappuccino, not the free brewed coffee.

Bummer. We have a couple of cruises that were booked with the Sip and Sail, and so I was thinking of trading out the mini bar for two coffee cards to be started later, since we don't need them on the cruises with the S&S.

Oh, I know, I can trade it for the canned soda I'm no longer getting.