Poll: Anytime Dining

winddawn

How do you feel about Carnival possibly doing away with Your Time Dining?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Carnival possibly doing away with Your Time Dining?

• I love Carnival's Your Time Dining. Please keep it!
    • I don't care for Carnival's Your Time Dining and prefer set Early Dining.
    • I don't care for Carnival's Your Time Dining and prefer set Late Dining.
    • I don't care because I only eat supper at the Lido Buffet or at a paid venue.

Carnival's Brand Ambassador recently asked whether passengers like Your Time Dining or could live without it, sparking interest in whether Carnival is considering doing away with Your Time Dining. What is your opinion about that?

Edited by winddawn

Carnival's Brand Ambassador recently asked whether passengers like Anytime Dining or could live without it, sparking interest in whether Carnival is considering doing away with Anytime Dining. What is your opinion about that?

If Carnival does away with anytime dining, what will be the replacement, if known? We have anytime dining for our cruise as it makes dining flexible for us without the full commitment to dining at a preset time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

so you didn't cruise before they started the ATD?

Agree with that poster. And yes to this. My parents took me on one cruise when I was a child where we did Traditional dining. But since I started cruising a few years ago as an adult, it has always been available. It's pervasive enough and on enough lines that if it went away on Carnival we would simply not cruise carnival.

Norwegian is actually our favorite due to the fact that the whole ship is anytime dining.

I personally prefer early assigned dining, however I think it would be a huge mistake to do away with Your Time Dining.

The poll questions are skewed and don't really offer the choice to leave it alone by continuing to offer Early, Late, and Your Time.

Hi there

If you look at the choices again you will see that is the first option.

I don't LOVE Anytime Dining but I'll take it over the other two. Unfortunately, we seem to gravitate to the Lido for dinner since the dining room takes so long. We only ate in the dining room 2 out of the 7 nights last cruise. I hope they keep ATD though.

Yes, Of course I cruised before Anytime Dining which is how I know I HATE traditional dining where you sit with strangers .

We like to relax at dinner and eat with people we have met and whose company we know we enjoy.

Dinner is not the time to decide if your tablemates are compatible or not(IMO)

Riffatsea, DH and I got tired of sitting with strangers and a long time ago we started requesting tables for two and it's much, much better. The dinner goes by faster and you don't have to listen to a lot of boring conversations of others at your table. We prefer ATD and request tables for two there, also. Try it.

Yes of course we DO ask for a table for 2 when we go to the MDR with YTD.

IF we happen to meet folks on board the ship that we like then we can arrange to meet them at dinner IF they also have YTD. Otherwise we are happy to enjoy each other's company!

so you didn't cruise before they started the ATD?
I will get off the ship if I am not given atd I cruised before but with another line.

This was after having more than one bad experience with traditional dining.

I was happy when carnival started it so I could go back to them.

If they do away with it, I will just stop cruising with them again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We don't eat with strangers on shore and I don't want to eat with them onboard the ship. If they did away with ATD I would just move on to another cruise line. I understand some like the social aspect of sharing a table but I'm just not that kind of person.

I wouldn't stop cruising, but would probably eat all my dinners in the Lido. We love YTD because we have crazy schedules at home and seldom eat at the same time two nights in a row. While YTD could go away, I think set dining times going away would be more likely to happen. People would complain, but I doubt that enough would leave CCL to make that big of a difference.Those that did would eventually be replaced with new cruisers who want more flexibility. It's been almost two decades since NCL did away with set dining times and they haven't had to mothball their fleet yet due to losing customers.

I actually think that ATD became popular because the hours of fix dinning were never correct. They were to early or to late in my opinion.

I always wondered if they apply this if it would work ? Early would be 06:00 and 06:30 and late would be 07:00 and 07:30 then I would put you can show for anytime from 08:30.

What do you think of this ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

I actually think that ATD became popular because the hours of fix dinning were never correct. They were to early or to late in my opinion.

I always wondered if they apply this if it would work ? Early would be 06:00 and 06:30 and late would be 07:00 and 07:30 then I would put you can show for anytime from 08:30.

What do you think of this ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

The times simply would not work, to close together

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with that poster. And yes to this. My parents took me on one cruise when I was a child where we did Traditional dining. But since I started cruising a few years ago as an adult, it has always been available. It's pervasive enough and on enough lines that if it went away on Carnival we would simply not cruise carnival.

Norwegian is actually our favorite due to the fact that the whole ship is anytime dining.

And for me, Norwegian is my least favorite line because the whole ship is ATD (along with many other reasons).

We don't eat with strangers on shore and I don't want to eat with them onboard the ship. If they did away with ATD I would just move on to another cruise line. I understand some like the social aspect of sharing a table but I'm just not that kind of person.

You do realize you can eat by yourselves in regular dining.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums