Lido deck balcony-good or bad

AnnieB925

We sail in February for the first time on Princess. I hastily booked a Lido deck balcony on the Crown Princess without giving it much thought. Would appreciate hearing from those of you who have been on Lido deck. Thanks in advance.

Edited by AnnieB925

My wife and I make it our practice to book a Lido deck cabin whenever possible. We enjoy the convenience to all of the amenities and the relative evening solitude that are available on that level, including the "Movies Under The Stars." The views from that level are also unequalled and the coverage of the upper deck provides balcony convenience even during a raging rain storm. One caution, however, if you do not enjoy the rolling and pitching of a cruise ship, do not book the Lido deck balconies. Now our secret has been exposed. Enjoy!

Our only Lido Deck cabin was an inside on the Caribbean Princess this past August. I thought the location was great. The only downside was the number of stairs. I try to avoid taking elevators and use the stairs. It's a lot going from the Promenade Deck up to the Lido Deck.

There would just be more foot traffic and possible loud talking of passengers if your cabin is between fed lifts and door to pool side area. Other than that, it was a nice location for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have booked these cabins many times and was never bothered by noise.

I was just on the Crown in L309. It was fine. As others have mentioned, its super convenient to many things. Not so much to decks 5-7 tho but it did result in lots of stair climbing which was good for me. We never were bothered by any noise from the pool areas which I was worried about. I always travel with ear plugs anyway. Enjoy your cruise!

I've had Lido deck forward section cabins several times and like the quietness of that area. Not much foot traffic in the corridor except for passengers who also have cabins there and the occasional crew member passing thru.

It's very convenient for getting out to the open deck and the pool area, and also the forward elevators, which seem to be less busy than the other elevators (except for just after muster drill and shows in the theater, of course).

The Horizon Court is at the opposite end of the ship on the same deck, and for me the walk to and from the HC is a good way to get a little extra exercise.

I like that the pizza, burger grill, and soft serve ice cream places are all on the same deck and relatively nearby.

I've had cabins there on Caribbean cruises, cruises in the Med, and on trans-atlantics, and have not been bothered by excessive motion, which is probably due to the stabilizers. I've felt some motion, but not enough to cause distress.

We have never had a Lido balcony cabin but I deliberately booked one for our next cruise as I have always wanted to try the location. I think it will be great. We did have a Lido window mini suite one time and loved it. (Before that cruise I didn't even know there was such a thing as a window mini suite!)

lido on regal it was fantastic. 98% no noise from retreat above. however during bad weather, L225 made unbearable creaking noises and id never book it again. 2 days of that was not fun.

i only booked right before final payment and many lido were still available and i had no idea why.