What have I done! 3 of us in an inside!

Flo71

Money is tight this year but I am desparate for a Princess cruise :D So I have booked a 12 night British Isles and there will be 3 of us in an inside (sideways cabin) on the Royal. 2 real grown ups and a 17 year old :rolleyes:

I was hoping thay prices would drop and I could change to a balcony or even a deluxe balcony obstructed (for the sofa bed). Unfortunately I am in the UK and the price we booked at aprox £3500/$4700 and prices just seem to be rising. :loudcry:

I know we will make the best of it whichever cabin we are in but if the cruise drop fairies :halo: are listening (yn)just a little more of the obstructed prices would make it doable.

On 2000 We sail Splendour OTS 12 night British Isles and Norwegian Fjords (July), party of 4, 2 adults and 2 children (15 & 14) in a interior cabin. We booked it 2 years in advance. Don't remember exactly when my TA call me and ask me if I want to upgrade.

Of course we upgraded to Veranda and $1,400 less.

Organizing can be comfortable.

Monitor the rates for price drop

Happy New Year

On 2000 We sail Splendour OTS 12 night British Isles and Norwegian Fjords (July), party of 4, 2 adults and 2 children (15 & 14) in a interior cabin. We booked it 2 years in advance. Don't remember exactly when my TA call me and ask me if I want to upgrade.

Of course we upgraded to Veranda and $1,400 less.

Organizing can be comfortable.

Monitor the rates for price drop

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you too :)

Hope that we see a nice drop/offer like that too.

You'll be fine with 3 in the cabin. The layout of those cabins are very good.......lots of room.

The bunk will come down from the ceiling at night for sleeping and then put back up during the day.

The British Isle cruise is so port intensive you'll hardly be in your room.

We were up by 6:30 everyday and not back to cabin till after sailaway.

It's a great cruise.....enjoy

We are also doing British Isles this year. I tracked pricing last year for the 2017 cruises and the prices at least for June (which is when we are sailing) came way down after the first of the year. Keep your eye on the sales! I don’t know how it works for UK travelers, we can have our itineraries repriced before final payment if new sales are announced (assuming you didn’t book with non refundable deposit). Of course different promotions include different perks so must take that into consideration too.

Fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll be fine with 3 in the cabin. The layout of those cabins are very good.......lots of room.

The bunk will come down from the ceiling at night for sleeping and then put back up during the day.

The British Isle cruise is so port intensive you'll hardly be in your room.

We were up by 6:30 everyday and not back to cabin till after sailaway.

It's a great cruise.....enjoy

I agree. Have done it several times with by daughter.

Have also done a transatlantic with 2 couples in an inside.

Here are the critical rules.

A. Get your cloth ready before going to bed. When you wake up, get dressed quietly and get out.

B. Everybody, pick up after r

Yourself.

C. Schedule what time everybody is getting ready for dinner.

Organization is everything. It will be fine

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Thanks all, we have had 3 in an inside years ago but last few since daughter has been older have been with a balcony and had a sofa bed for her.

Whatever happens we'll have a great time, the Royal is such a fab ship we probably won't be in the cabins much with that and the excursions.

In the UK Princess will allow one change of price before final payment at a cost of £100 so I'm hoping the New Year brings a sale ;)

We had sailed a couple of times with three in a inside. You will be fine. Sometimes money is tight and you have to do what you can do. We didn't have any problems at all. You are not in the room that much. At night we all were so tired we just went out like a light.

Enjoy your cruise!

The thing that is most annoying on the Royal and Regal in an inside cabin that is for 3 or 4 is that the extra berths don’t pull down from the ceiling as on the other ships but actually hang from the wall. We were always bumping our heads. I don’t know what they were thinking when they designed those insides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsf890ffa5aa53442cd2a539da5ae71a0b.jpg

The thing that is most annoying on the Royal and Regal in an inside cabin that is for 3 or 4 is that the extra berths don’t pull down from the ceiling as on the other ships but actually hang from the wall. We were always bumping our heads. I don’t know what they were thinking when they designed those insides.

The only Princess ships with the inside triple or quad cabins having the upper berths stow flush to the ceiling are Coral and Island Princess.

All other ships except those two will have the upper berths sticking out of the side wall in both interior and oceanview cabins per the photo above. Not just the Royal and Regal. So if only two of you be sure to avoid the triple and quad non-balcony cabins throughout the fleet.

Money is tight this year but I am desparate for a Princess cruise :D So I have booked a 12 night British Isles and there will be 3 of us in an inside (sideways cabin) on the Royal. 2 real grown ups and a 17 year old :rolleyes:

I was hoping thay prices would drop and I could change to a balcony or even a deluxe balcony obstructed (for the sofa bed). Unfortunately I am in the UK and the price we booked at aprox £3500/$4700 and prices just seem to be rising. :loudcry:

I know we will make the best of it whichever cabin we are in but if the cruise drop fairies :halo: are listening (yn)just a little more of the obstructed prices would make it doable.

Which would you rather have, three in an inside or three in your home?

I agree. Have done it several times with by daughter.

Have also done a transatlantic with 2 couples in an inside.

Here are the critical rules.

A. Get your cloth ready before going to bed. When you wake up, get dressed quietly and get out.

B. Everybody, pick up after r

Yourself.

C. Schedule what time everybody is getting ready for dinner.

Organization is everything. It will be fine

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Good advice! My dad, my aunt, and myself are all retired. We often cruise together with three in a cabin. We divide up the storage, keep things put away, and schedule bathroom time. So far, so good. :D

My parents shared an Inside when I was 17. It was only 7 Days, but we could have gone longer. We were only ever all in there while sleeping. Between the Teen Club, my dad’s early rising, and my mom’s activities, we were coming and going all the time. We never felt crowded. Go and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My message to the OP: you will be fine, just enjoy your cruise. And don't fret about pre-scheduling bathroom use or seeking out alternatives. Though not on a cruise ship, I have shared hotel rooms and small one-bath rentals with three female friends (call it "Four's Company" :D) and the bathroom situation has always worked it self out, um, naturally. Though it sure helps to be well acquainted enough to have a sense of humor--and no squeamishness or false modesty--going in.