Cococay Pier

Does anybody know if the pier is still scheduled to be completed in June?

I haven't heard much progress on the construction updates at Cococay. We are planning a cruise that would stop there, but would much rather the pier be completed versus tender. Taking a tender is difficult for my mother-in-law. We were looking at the first week of July (for the holiday week), but I am worried there might be some delays in construction. Or should we just play it safe and go the last week in August?

I haven't heard much progress on the construction updates at Cococay. We are planning a cruise that would stop there, but would much rather the pier be completed versus tender. Taking a tender is difficult for my mother-in-law. We were looking at the first week of July (for the holiday week), but I am worried there might be some delays in construction. Or should we just play it safe and go the last week in August?

On our last cruise there we were told that is scheduled for May, '18 finish; but, one should not make definite plans on that since weather can cause delays with such projects.

Following this with great interest. The music charter cruise I take every February on the Indy could possibly stop in CocoCay in Feb. 2019, IF the dock is completed.

Here's hoping, since I haven't been there in 7 years and the snorkeling was great!

Following this with great interest. The music charter cruise I take every February on the Indy could possibly stop in CocoCay in Feb. 2019, IF the dock is completed.

Here's hoping, since I haven't been there in 7 years and the snorkeling was great!

I don't understand what difference it makes whether the dock is completed or not. Indy can tender there, unless the bands actually set up and play while on the beach. It might be difficult to get their equipment off the ship and onto the tender.

I don't understand what difference it makes whether the dock is completed or not. Indy can tender there, unless the bands actually set up and play while on the beach. It might be difficult to get their equipment off the ship and onto the tender.

Ships routinely miss Coco Cay because it is too windy or rough to tender. Having the pier there gives you a better shot of actually making it onto the island.

Ships routinely miss Coco Cay because it is too windy or rough to tender. Having the pier there gives you a better shot of actually making it onto the island.

I know that. Did you read her original post where it was stated that Indy could possibly stop the, IF the dock is completed

The Captain said on our cruise in October, that the dock was expected to be completed by October, 2018.

I would be surprised if it is done by then as very little progress was visible to us but, maybe, we just couldn't see what has been accomplished.

Sherri:)

While Indy CAN tender there (and is scheduled for a one-off visit on Dec. 24th), the only large ship routinely scheduled to make port at CocoCay during the next year is Anthem. All other ships are smaller classes (Empress, Majesty, Enchantment, etc.)

Tendering a large vessel there is...tedious.

No, bands don't set up and perform on the beach (they deserve an "easy" day just like we do; each band performs twice during the cruise and there are 60 bands). However, the cruise only makes one port-stop, and making it a tender port is risky from a PVSA standpoint.

While Indy CAN tender there (and is scheduled for a one-off visit on Dec. 24th), the only large ship routinely scheduled to make port at CocoCay during the next year is Anthem. All other ships are smaller classes (Empress, Majesty, Enchantment, etc.) .

Mariner of the Seas twice per week starting in June

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mariner of the Seas twice per week starting in June

Yep, and she's a smaller ship with 600-700 fewer passengers than Freedom-class.

Looking at scheduling and operations, Royal typically sends its larger ships to Labadee with its pier instead of CocoCay. Adding a pier at CocoCay should allow them to bring more of their biggest ships there...like the Indy in December 2018 after the pier is scheduled for completion.

Adding a pier at CocoCay should allow them to bring more of their biggest ships there...like the Indy in December 2018 after the pier is scheduled for completion.

Seems to be a big sale change from Nassau to CocoCay with Oasis class starting in 2019.

What ship are you going on? I was there at coco cay last September and took some pictures of the pier work. I have seen one review since then that shows progress. I'm going again this September on Enchantment and will be watching a lot of reviews during the summer.

The Captain said on our cruise in October, that the dock was expected to be completed by October, 2018.

I would be surprised if it is done by then as very little progress was visible to us but, maybe, we just couldn't see what has been accomplished.

Sherri:)

Oh wow a major delay already!

Seems to be a big sale change from Nassau to CocoCay with Oasis class starting in 2019.

I noticed a change in scheduling later in 2018, whereby Royal is beginning to port larger ships there with a smaller ship on the same day (before that, Anthem was always visiting CocoCay alone). Even a few days with three ships scheduled. :o Clearly they're expecting a two-capacity dock to be completed by late next year.

I noticed a change in scheduling later in 2018, whereby Royal is beginning to port larger ships there with a smaller ship on the same day (before that, Anthem was always visiting CocoCay alone). Even a few days with three ships scheduled. :o Clearly they're expecting a two-capacity dock to be completed by late next year.

In conjunction with Symphony, no doubt. 😉

Hopefully Miami Terminal will be done as well. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...
Yippee! We will be there Sept.2019:hearteyes:

Me too! On Harmony of the Seas! Seems so far away right now :o

Ive been away a while. I had no idea about the Coco Cay pier. When I started looking at booking Harmony last week, it confused me that one of our stops was Coco Cay. I was like "how in the world is this gonna happen?" Then I got to digging and read about the new pier :rolleyes::cool: