Anthem in Port Canaveral Early

I first heard about it on another social media site and they showed pics. At one point it looked like it was leaning to the right! I don't think I would want to cruise that route in winter or early spring. Wasn't it Anthem that was tossed around last March during a horrible storm?

Thanks! That looks wild!

I first heard about it on another social media site and they showed pics. At one point it looked like it was leaning to the right! I don't think I would want to cruise that route in winter or early spring. Wasn't it Anthem that was tossed around last March during a horrible storm?

What route did it do? Last year in January we were on Independence and hit a tropical storm. Terrifying! I really thought we would list over night!

Anthem has that look at times, it was being pushed by one tug and pulled by another, you would lean a little too!;p

hmmmmmm ..... curious

checking the web cam it appears the drama is over

I see 2 things .....

1) checking the local weather the port is only seeing 20 mph winds .... but there may be higher gusts. In commercial ports there is typically a threshold wind speed where a vessel must have tugs standing by to assist. (this costs $$ btw) If you must pay for the tugs you may as well use the tugs. As a ship driver I can tell you that they usually make your life easier.

2) they tied up at terminal 2/3 ...... that's curious. RCCL pretty much owns T-1, the newest terminal and presuming Majesty left on time it was open .... but perhaps the time 'tween was too short. Port authority assigns the parking places!

hmmm ... looking at the port's schedule it appears MAJ had a schedule bump and is expected at T-1 tomorrow (schedule bump for the new year's cruise????) and ANTHEM was scheduled for T-6 tomorrow (usually a Carn' berth and should have been open tonight) but CARN PRIDE arrives on the 3rd and is expected at T-6 so I'll guess that the port bumped 'em to 2/3 just to be safe.

For folks on A this is actually an improvement as you can walk to Jetty Park from t 2/3 .... which would be great if it wasn't close to freezing temps tonight!!!!!!

Ask me a question ... I'll over answer!

So, out of curiosity, would the folks on the Anthem be allowed off the ship tonight? Or do they have to wait until they would normally be allowed off, at 7:30-ish tomorrow morning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually Anthem was caught in two bad storms but that was in 2016. First was in February of that year off of NC going down to Florida and the Bahamas. Second was in September when it went through the remnants of Hurricane Hermine on the way to Bermuda.

So, out of curiosity, would the folks on the Anthem be allowed off the ship tonight? Or do they have to wait until they would normally be allowed off, at 7:30-ish tomorrow morning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, someone on board posted on another site that the gangway opens at 6:30pm tonight.

It's been windy and rainy pretty much all day around here. Certainly not like the weather everyone up north is getting, but this is our "winter" weather here in Florida. Unless heading to a restaurant or bar in town (which there are several good ones) I don't know that I'd be getting off the ship tonight.

hmmmmmm ..... curious

checking the web cam it appears the drama is over

I see 2 things .....

1) checking the local weather the port is only seeing 20 mph winds .... but there may be higher gusts. In commercial ports there is typically a threshold wind speed where a vessel must have tugs standing by to assist. (this costs $$ btw) If you must pay for the tugs you may as well use the tugs. As a ship driver I can tell you that they usually make your life easier.

2) they tied up at terminal 2/3 ...... that's curious. RCCL pretty much owns T-1, the newest terminal and presuming Majesty left on time it was open .... but perhaps the time 'tween was too short. Port authority assigns the parking places!

hmmm ... looking at the port's schedule it appears MAJ had a schedule bump and is expected at T-1 tomorrow (schedule bump for the new year's cruise????) and ANTHEM was scheduled for T-6 tomorrow (usually a Carn' berth and should have been open tonight) but CARN PRIDE arrives on the 3rd and is expected at T-6 so I'll guess that the port bumped 'em to 2/3 just to be safe.

For folks on A this is actually an improvement as you can walk to Jetty Park from t 2/3 .... which would be great if it wasn't close to freezing temps tonight!!!!!!

Ask me a question ... I'll over answer!

I love your post, particularly the epilogue. :D

Reading about the Anthem brought back memories of the Winter of 2015. When we left Bayonne the Captain told us about 2:00am to expect some "rockyness"...well as it turned out we went through two days of hell rocking, rolling and pitching every which way. When we got to St. Kitts we were told that one of the outriggers was nt working and an engineer from Europe was being flown to St. Kitts to try and solve the problem. Well..after a lengthy delay leaving St. Kitts do to his plane arriving late he couldn't figure out the problem. With that news another East coast "super storm" was due to come off the east coast south of the Carolina's. The Captain informed us that we would alter our course and hug the coast line back to Bayonne to stay behind it causing is to have an extra day at sea. The fright that the passengers went through was bad enough but the following cruise that went into the beginning of February the Captain took the ship right through another huge sea storm that made National and International television news, Those Quantum class ships are built too tall and are too narrow, They belong in calmer waters, not the North Atlantic. Oh yes, one more item, the Captain was relieved of duty and placed back at RCI in Miami as an official Coast Guard inquiry took place.