Silhouette Christmas cruise

chaps612

We just finished our Silhouette Christmas cruise. A little background info. DH, DW and DD who is 13. This is our fourth cruise and third on Celebrity. We’ve been on Reflection and twice on Silhouette.

Embarkation: We flew into Fort Lauderdale the morning of our cruise. We arrived at the port at 1030. The lines were short and we were on the ship by 1045. All three of us had drink packages. We will never cruise without them! Off to the pool deck for our second drink. We headed to the MDR for our lunch as we were in a C2 cabin. It was good but nothing special. Speaking of food...

Food: After three cruises with Celebrity, I’ve learned not to put too much faith in other food reviews. Food was good to great anywhere we ate throughout the cruise. Our DD enjoyed Qsine on the first night. The food was good and varied but the service great. Breakfast in the MDR was good and relaxed. Breakfast in buffet was good but way too busy! Lunch was mainly at the mast grill as the burgers were very good. Dinners in the MDR were very good and the service exceptional (thanks Jobita, Aneesh and Joel)! We requested them the last few nights. We were select and never had to wait for a table.

Room: We were in a C2 cabin on the hump (9298). Loved the bigger balcony and location as the elevators were very accessible. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate frayed furniture and “signs” of massive wear and tear. Our cabin steward (Nichol) did a good job of keeping our room clean.

Public areas: The ship was clean and has a great layout. DW enjoyed being poolside where finding loungers was never a problem. I enjoyed the solarium as it is relaxing and kid free. However, there were a ton of families with teen kids. The average age there was considerably younger than our last Spring break cruise. Aside from the public use of cell phones, it was a relaxing place. One observation that validated our decision to cruise Celebrity. During port days parked next to both RCCL and NCL revealed much as they had constant loud music playing. We cruise to relax and don’t require constant stimulation. There wasn’t a ton of daily activities which was somewhat of a letdown as we enjoy cultural presentations.

Fellow passengers: Tons of families with teens. This bode well for us as our DD had a good peer group. Mainly an American cruise demographic with some Europeans and Canadians. Nice passengers but cell phone use very noticeable. One individual decided to have a conversation on speaker phone in the solarium. Not the norm but irritating nonetheless.

Disembarkation: Incredibly easy. We went to Tuscan Grill and had a continental breakfast and did walk off. Utilizing luggage valet and mobile pass got us off the boat by 0820 and were at the airport by 0845. We enjoyed our cruise so much that we booked next Christmas on the Silhouette. Good food, relaxing, excellent crew and smoke free makes for an excellent Christmas vacation.

Room: We were in a C2 cabin on the hump (9298). Loved the bigger balcony and location as the elevators were very accessible. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate frayed furniture and “signs” of massive wear and tear.

Just curious -- do you mean there was frayed furniture and signs of considerable wear and tear?

We were in a C2 hump on the Sillie in the summer. I understood that the furniture was in the process of being replaced -- we had a newly upholstered sofa but the chair was definitely the worse for wear.

Agree this is a very convenient location and balcony would be great in warmer climes

Room: We were in a C2 cabin on the hump (9298). Loved the bigger balcony and location as the elevators were very accessible. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate frayed furniture and “signs” of massive wear and tear.

Just curious -- do you mean there was frayed furniture and signs of considerable wear and tear?

We were in a C2 hump on the Sillie in the summer. I understood that the furniture was in the process of being replaced -- we had a newly upholstered sofa but the chair was definitely the worse for wear.

Agree this is a very convenient location and balcony would be great in warmer climes

I’m sorry as I was being sarcastic. The ship was in great shape! I’m always amused when people let frayed and worn furniture determine their vacation happiness.

We were on the same cruise in an A2 Aqua cabin. I agree with the OP that the ship is in great shape and the crew is excellent. Our waiters and the sommelier in Blu were outstanding and the food was very good there as well.

I was surprised at the number of older teens on this cruise, and many babies in strollers, but no out of control kids around. This was a good itinerary for kids, as we stopped in 4 places. I did hear a few kids when we were opposite Harmony yelling across to friends over there that they didn't have a flow rider, but they seemed happy anyway!

Entertainment, in our opinion, was lacking, but that seems consistent with other holiday cruises. The large family groups who thought they were the only people on the ship were disturbing, but again this is to be expected on a holiday cruise. Only heard one very rude group in Blu when "their table" was given to another large family. Hard to deal with people who feel entitled!

All in all a lovely cruise in warm weather! Hard to come back to single digits!

I’m sorry as I was being sarcastic. The ship was in great shape! I’m always amused when people let frayed and worn furniture determine their vacation happiness.

He he -- I did wonder! Good to hear everything is shipshape