RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I agree with you. However, it would not surprise me if (or when) the Diamonds get booted out that an extra drink or 2 would be added to the card.

By the way, I appreciate all the time and research you put in on these boards, Bob.

Seriously? 5 drinks in 3 hours? Yikes.

Not far off the definition of binge drinking.

M

And if they did away with the free drinks in the lounge I'm sure it will still be crowded since a lot of folks say they go there for the camaraderie and to talk to like minded people:halo:

We did last time we were on Rhapsody. DH doesn't really like the lounges anymore, but it was cold outside so I convinced him to come along. We have drink packages, so it was nice to be able to leave the lounge, go to the bar and get our preferred beverages and come back in and chat with others.

And since we always have drink packages, the reason to go would be to chat or get coffee or snacks. And I'm pretty sure that there are many other folks just like us. So if it still overcrowded...not my problem. :D:p:D

M

5 beers in 3 hours is miles from binge drinking and I don’t think 5 drinks in 3 hours while on vacation is that much for a lot of people.

Edited by topnole

M

Lighten up, people are on a cruise because they are on vacation. No need to be judgemental.

And anyway, binge drinking is excellent fun - you should give it a try before knocking it ;p

Lighten up, people are on a cruise because they are on vacation. No need to be judgemental.

And anyway, binge drinking is excellent fun - you should give it a try before knocking it ;p

This!!!!

It’s called a vacation. I’m not sure this person has been around many drinkers. 5 drinks in 3 hours is a warm up for some people I know when on vacation.

Kinda related here. On my last cruise, I would sometimes use the drink vouchers to get some extra cans of beer for the fridge in the cabin in case I wanted one outside of the cocktail hour. If you request they don't open the can for you, they won't. I wound up with a surplus on my last day of the cruise and took a few with me off the ship. :)

Kinda related here. On my last cruise, I would use the drink vouchers to get some extra cans of beer for the fridge in the cabin in case I wanted one outside of the cocktail hour. If you request they don't open the can for you, they won't. I wound up with a surplus on my last day of the cruise and took a few off the ship. :):):)

They tend to frown on that lately. Not as easy as it used to be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They tend to frown on that lately. Not as easy as it used to be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This was in October 2017. I should have made it clear that I didn't abuse it and that I wasn't hoarding beer. I think I wound up with 2 extras beers at the very end. I would keep 2-4 extras in the fridge and replenish as needed. I would go to the same bar on a different floor from the DL/CL and get 2 beers whenever necessary. I always gave them a tip and never had an issue.

Edited by WeighAnchor

I have had a couple snarky members in d lounge comment on how I must have walked in behind someone. I just let it go and mention to my wife in a little louder voice before we leave "honey we have got to come back here tomorrow, they get free drinks here!" 🤣[emoji23]

You should see the stares we get the next time we see those same people when we enter the d lounge.

Also have heard comments that children of d members should have to earn their own points to be admitted to lounge. I wanted to tell that person that my son is close to d+ on his own history.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If this is what I have to look forward to, I can't wait to mess with people. We'll be 33 and 38 when we hit diamond in December. With my earrings, tattoos, and bright blue ponytail, I'm sure I'll fit right in. :'):'):')

But really...they have so much free time they patrol? I wish!

If this is what I have to look forward to, I can't wait to mess with people. We'll be 33 and 38 when we hit diamond in December. With my earrings, tattoos, and bright blue ponytail, I'm sure I'll fit right in. :'):'):')

If anyone ever asks for your seapass card, assume it is to provide you with top service and simply place your drink order with them :'):'):')

Well, RCCL is not Cunard. And DL is not a Suit lounge. You’ll fit in. [emoji6]

I agree with you. However, it would not surprise me if (or when) the Diamonds get booted out that an extra drink or 2 would be added to the card.

By the way, I appreciate all the time and research you put in on these boards, Bob.

That was a suggestion i made a few weeks ago which i think would suit a lot of people but got no positive replies.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

M

Maybe for you, but not for a lot of others while on vacation. It's also far from being called binge drinking. If I'm having pina coladas or other drinks I can easily suck down 5 in 3 hours. :D

I can vouch for this. Our first cruise as D and we went into the lounge for the first happy hour and the dirty looks we got from people was awesome! The Diamond Concierge made sure take take good care of us though. We felt extremely welcome thanks to her.

If you are diamond you have paid for the privalage to enter the DL so deserve a warm welcome.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app