RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

What really feels like a kick in the pants is when they make a tiny little DL on a ship the size of Harmony, and no CL. At least Oasis and Allure still have a nice big DL. Anthem's DL is also way too small for a ship that size but at least D+ can still access the huge CL - for now.

Funny, I counted the seats in the Sl on harmony,66. The DC seats over twice and the seating is much nicer and a much larger area. If you use the overflow it's even more. The DC on harmony is much nicer than the sl

No problem...I was just worried you thought you had to book a suite to get a balcony. I thought you meant paying extra for the suite.

"but we will probably never book a suite and I know DH wouldn't want to pay "extra" for it."

My bad... sorry

:(

"Sea" you soon on Oasis! :D

You need a JS or better to get a balcony on MJ

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

No problem, I agree with you that the D+ perks have been reduced:

1) D+ now have only one lounge which is generally much more crowded than what they had before.

2) D+ lost the made-to-order breakfast and lunch (plus wine and beer) in the CL on Oasis class ships.

But there are several improvements to Pinnacle in that time frame. [emoji6]

Um, I have sailed the small ships with no DL/CL. You're missing the point and simply being snarky now. I'm well on my way to P, should be there by the time I'm 50. I spend very little time in my cabin so I can't justify the cost of booking a suite. And it's a lot more than the freebies you keep talking about. ItsI about meeting new people and making friends with fellow cruise enthusiasts.
FWIW, over half the ship is cruise enthusiasts. Many of those in the lower tiers are a blast to visit with

This discussion reminds me of the old airline and hotel loyalty programs. The ones from back in the 80's. Early on they were great, had good awards and also program status levels with meaningful benefits. Not any more. Those two industries wrote the playbook on how to devalue a loyalty program. In comparison, it looks to me like Royal Caribbean just starting down that path.

Once too many users have too much status, they start getting in the way of new revenue generation, and as we all know, there is nothing as important as new revenue. The business has no option but to limit rewards collection.

I guess the moral of that story is, loyalty program points will never be as valuable in the future as they are now, so enjoy them whilst you can.

Seriously, your complaint is that now you only have one dedicated private lounge for concierge services, free drinks and snacks, continental breakfast, specialty coffee all day, etc.! One lounge is not enough? I guess you never sailed Sovereign, Monarch, Majesty or Empress. Try Majesty or Empress and then decide if you still complain about "only one" dedicated lounge. Empress has nothing, no lounge, no D/D+ and up event and Majesty has no lounge , just a D/D+/Pinnacle event each evening.

Have no fear - As you are D+, simply book a suite and you can have access to two private lounges.

M

M8 May have a friend. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are not required to use the lounge, Lounge too small - use a voucher around the ship. Some ships even allow the voucher use in the MDR and other dining venues.

Try using the lounge during the day or in the morning. Wonderful continental breakfast, nice coffee, rarely crowded, attentive staff, lots of seating.

I do agree that Allure and Oasis have a lovely D lounge.

Enjoy

M

It’s all about Free Alcohol for most.

Oasis and Allure soon losing their DL to a revenue producing area. That’s my bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So why the negative responses regarding the loyalty lounges?.

The negative responses are not about the lounges, but those who constantly complain about them.

I love the lounges and would be disappointed if they were closed. We use the lounge most every morning. For the evening, we generally prefer to simply use a voucher or two and get a drink at any of the ship venues. Fewer crowds, we meet nice people, catch a show, whatever. We might visit the lounge for cocktails once or twice during a 7 night cruise.

I've been around long enough to see what RCCL does to silence complaints. Folks complained about the quality of Free pillow chocolates, so RCCL discontinued the chocolates. Folks complained about the quality and variety of Free welcome back gifts, so RCCL discontinued them. Folks complained about the Free welcome gift baskets, so RCCL discontinued them. See the trend.

Now, folks are complaining that one dedicated private lounge with a concierge, free drinks, free continental breakfast, free specially coffee, free 24/7 access is not enough! Really?

And I stand by my initial comments, you can still use two lounges, just book a suite. If having two lounges is that important, the remedy is easy.

M