RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

No problem, I agree with you that the D+ perks have been reduced:

1) D+ now have only one lounge which is generally much more crowded than what they had before.

2) D+ lost the made-to-order breakfast and lunch (plus wine and beer) in the CL on Oasis class ships.

Do you not think this is because of Royals growth which is good for business and future ships and cruising. There are always other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The negative responses are not about the lounges, but those who constantly complain about them.

I love the lounges and would be disappointed if they were closed. We use the lounge most every morning. For the evening, we generally prefer to simply use a voucher or two and get a drink at any of the ship venues. Fewer crowds, we meet nice people, catch a show, whatever. We might visit the lounge for cocktails once or twice during a 7 night cruise.

I've been around long enough to see what RCCL does to silence complaints. Folks complained about the quality of Free pillow chocolates, so RCCL discontinued the chocolates. Folks complained about the quality and variety of Free welcome back gifts, so RCCL discontinued them. Folks complained about the Free welcome gift baskets, so RCCL discontinued them. See the trend.

Now, folks are complaining that one dedicated private lounge with a concierge, free drinks, free continental breakfast, free specially coffee, free 24/7 access is not enough! Really?

And I stand by my initial comments, you can still use two lounges, just book a suite. If having two lounges is that important, the remedy is easy.

M

Thank you for your reasoned response which has a lot of sense to it.

The negative responses are not about the lounges, but those who constantly complain about them.

I love the lounges and would be disappointed if they were closed. We use the lounge most every morning. For the evening, we generally prefer to simply use a voucher or two and get a drink at any of the ship venues. Fewer crowds, we meet nice people, catch a show, whatever. We might visit the lounge for cocktails once or twice during a 7 night cruise.

I've been around long enough to see what RCCL does to silence complaints. Folks complained about the quality of Free pillow chocolates, so RCCL discontinued the chocolates. Folks complained about the quality and variety of Free welcome back gifts, so RCCL discontinued them. Folks complained about the Free welcome gift baskets, so RCCL discontinued them. See the trend.

Now, folks are complaining that one dedicated private lounge with a concierge, free drinks, free continental breakfast, free specially coffee, free 24/7 access is not enough! Really?

And I stand by my initial comments, you can still use two lounges, just book a suite. If having two lounges is that important, the remedy is easy.

M

I don't believe Royal's discontinuation of the pillow chocolates, welcome back gifts,etc. had anything to do with customer complaints. It was simply a matter of cost cutting, which, to be fair, all the cruise lines have done. What I and others here are upset about is the diminuation/ dilution of the loyalty perks.

Do they have a loyalty lounge and cocktail hours?

Princess has a wonderful loyalty program. Before I started sailing Royal my first few cruises were on Princess and I'm looking forward to going back. I'll still sail Royal but no longer feel the need to stay loyal to them exclusively.

Princess has a wonderful loyalty program. Before I started sailing Royal my first few cruises were on Princess and I'm looking forward to going back. I'll still sail Royal but no longer feel the need to stay loyal to them exclusively.

Its been several years since we last sailed on Princess but are Elite through our P&O loyalty so please let me know how good it is.

Thanks

Graham& Pauline.

Do you not think this is because of Royals growth which is good for business and future ships and cruising. There are always other options.

Sure, they are a victim of their own success with the loyalty program.

Its been several years since we last sailed on Princess but are Elite through our P&O loyalty so please let me know how good it is.

Thanks

Graham& Pauline.

Will do. Probably won't be sailing with them until next winter/spring as we are booked up until then. Will keep you posted.

I don't believe Royal's discontinuation of the pillow chocolates, welcome back gifts,etc. had anything to do with customer complaints. It was simply a matter of cost cutting, which, to be fair, all the cruise lines have done. What I and others here are upset about is the diminuation/ dilution of the loyalty perks.

I think it was a combination of both cost cutting and complaints. Perks/benefits in any Loyalty Program can be changed at any time. None are a guarantee. While disappointing, perks in most loyalty programs are and will continue to change. It's happening with the airlines, hotels, and credit card companies to name a few.

I think it was a combination of both cost cutting and complaints. Perks/benefits in any Loyalty Program can be changed at any time. None are a guarantee. While disappointing, perks in most loyalty programs are and will continue to change. It's happening with the airlines, hotels, and credit card companies to name a few.

The airlines have been dumbing down their loyalty programs for a long while now. Delta used to have Frequent Flyer miles (still have some) that never expire and now they have Sky Miles that go away rather quickly. Similar to Pinnacle, they have the Million Milers But you don’t get much.

Best thing to do in just book Business Class, First Class, or Delta One to get the same benefits as the highest level.

Great points Sue. Especially agree about the airline loyalty programs. Used to be so easy to get an upgrade or award ticket now it's like pulling teeth. Maybe doesn't bother me as much as I'm only on the plane for a matter of hours whereas I'm on a cruise ship for a week or two!

Would never book a full suite on a RCL ship. Booked many junior suites though. Have sailed in the Haven with NCL, private lounge, private restaurant, private pool & spa, private sun deck, butler service. Also booked on MSC Seaside & Meraviglia in a Yacht Club Balcony, there you have the same as Haven but restaurant & lounge much bigger, drinks from morning to night all over ship, specialty coffees, milkshakes, any alcohol drink, plus a stocked mini bar. What does RCL suite guest have, a lounge, Coastal Kitchen & reserved seating overlooking an overcrowded pool. Not worth the money to me.

Would never book a full suite on a RCL ship. Booked many junior suites though. Have sailed in the Haven with NCL, private lounge, private restaurant, private pool & spa, private sun deck, butler service. Also booked on MSC Seaside & Meraviglia in a Yacht Club Balcony, there you have the same as Haven but restaurant & lounge much bigger, drinks from morning to night all over ship, specialty coffees, milkshakes, any alcohol drink, plus a stocked mini bar. What does RCL suite guest have, a lounge, Coastal Kitchen & reserved seating overlooking an overcrowded pool. Not worth the money to me.

You pretty much nailed it.

There is a lot more perks for Royal Suite Guests and Royal seems to continue to make them better. Although CK is only on Oasis Class (not sure about Quantum Class), they are gearing more towards the Star/Sky/Sea Class. In work. Part of reason to add Suite Lounges to most ships.

Great points Sue. Especially agree about the airline loyalty programs. Used to be so easy to get an upgrade or award ticket now it's like pulling teeth. Maybe doesn't bother me as much as I'm only on the plane for a matter of hours whereas I'm on a cruise ship for a week or two!

Good point too. No one likes changes.....especially when they feel something is taken away from them. Something does have to give with RCI's loyalty program and it's a slippery slope for the company as there's no way to make everyone happy.

I like Princess Cruises well enough, but for me their loyalty program is unimpressive. I’m sure if this because on our last Princess cruise, the Captain drew my name at the lower level loyalty party (the party where they pass out one, yes one, drink voucher per attendee). That drawing gave DH and I their top level benefits for the rest of the cruise. Internet time was nice to have. Cabin minibar gave us few mixed drinks in cabin. We could go to cocktail hour to buy discounted drinks. The benefits, while appreciated, were not on par with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity in my opinion.

We will still sail Princess if itinerary, timing, price are right, but their loyalty program won’t be the reason.

I'll be on my second cruise as a Diamond in the fall. Last cruise, I never set foot in the DL (too intimidated), but I'd like to check it out this time around- I've heard the one on Harmony is a bit small, but what's it like in the mornings in the DL in general?

Isn't that cost cutting as well?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Good point too. No one likes changes.....especially when they feel something is taken away from them. Something does have to give with RCI's loyalty program and it's a slippery slope for the company as there's no way to make everyone happy.

Agree Sue as a small business owner myself I know how difficult it is to please everyone. Actually it's pretty much impossible!

I like Princess Cruises well enough, but for me their loyalty program is unimpressive. I’m sure if this because on our last Princess cruise, the Captain drew my name at the lower level loyalty party (the party where they pass out one, yes one, drink voucher per attendee). That drawing gave DH and I their top level benefits for the rest of the cruise. Internet time was nice to have. Cabin minibar gave us few mixed drinks in cabin. We could go to cocktail hour to buy discounted drinks. The benefits, while appreciated, were not on par with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity in my opinion.

We will still sail Princess if itinerary, timing, price are right, but their loyalty program won’t be the reason.

Thanks for this info. Haven't been on Princess in 15+ years. Love their outside of North America itineraries though. Worth the sacrifice!