Once again...RIDICULOUS prices from Celebrity Cruise Lines!

teecee60

OK...FINE... I WILL! (and thanks for the info!)

You're quoting US Military rates that aren't accessible to everyone. Granted the non-Military rates are only slightly higher but at least give details of the rates you're posting. :cool:

The pricing on last minute TAs has always been great; however, these are not cruises that everyone can book last minute. People who work are often not able to take 2-3 weeks off work with short notice.

When I factor in airfare costs, it would be cheaper for me to do a land trip to Europe vs. booking a cheap TA and paying high airfare.

Evidence of a few low prices on TA cruises does not, unfortunately, negate the overall big increase in pricing for the remaining 99% of their cruises versus a few short years ago.

I'm on the 15 night Eclipse TA that I booked a month ago. I paid a $100 more for a balcony than the price shown and I got the $175 OBC. When the price dropped over the weekend, I called and was given a nice upgrade to a hump balcony for no additional charge. The return air I booked from Dublin to Cincinnati has increased $200 since I booked it so I'm in a great spot and way ahead of the game.

Deals are all over the place - not just TA's. But people who insist on a particular cabin on a particular date on a particular ship will generally pay top $.

Evidence of a few low prices on TA cruises does not, unfortunately, negate the overall big increase in pricing for the remaining 99% of their cruises versus a few short years ago.

Spot on.

Of course there'll be occasional bargains - is anyone really surprised by that? Not sure what the point is... except regular gloating by some.

But the overall trend is up. There's a good reason the RCL profits and share price has been up over the past few years.

I just don't get it...I am not the riches guy in town. I can't even afford a "once a year cruise". Like everything else in the world prices are always climbing. But to have any cruise that is for 2 with a couple of perks (your choice), Taxes and Port fees S/B about $500 a day. Come on, it includes Food, Entertainment, (Drink package) (Internet) and room with Service, (Gratuities), Exercise, Beautiful views, gaining new friends, Shopping Mall, Learning new things, Catching up on our relationships and a great rating of a Cruise Ship!

Oh, you must be thinking of Motel 6, No perks, Budweiser beer, Skipping tips, a Dvd (not Blue ray) movie, Driving all day to the next stop, Freeway views, screaming at your partner, and looking for something to do in a small town. That might cost about $225 a day.

I think I will save my money and really go on the vacation of a higher class. So I really hope you are not talking about US pricing.

...just don't get it??????

NMNl_phGTTes3k148skyHlk3vE8sd5Uvw8eMwq57x27WSNZfwolWQ2ievE8FFejDrNtQquKUjCtNaGuy0ZgnKYJJNhn9IggWOA6wvsTybeYSgyRocB8hHj5PwCJbeqHjlE62O2nfrIcF5k0da4ziL5hpJY9sgkcWxUA3FdojRgBUma-w-WOzZnWn31_-9Rg-4OihYyZ6-SL1cvWwiUyIfNcOyVqRMw1l_E3352i-nqkPshp_DCjSjU8bpn_D6epa-2JQKcHMqJhJ0LVCoJFNcmprH2BjkI3LL1UFvOoYVHe8yaKoVYi4bDiJX2dTNMOxGsJjjaiPVZPmtAyVCa-wbyEvCklXzvLcGZxHQs98SqFevcDg2J7-vjq2XGaVE5NRrLHE4yDonZRUpuymSXrquBhuvWOqs5v_uudvSxBcopo4-aLEDKlT_8f5ubWdFGJlGCQaaHxiNmo0zpYOxm834oMVn0ai1Of1f6ApMeVSV6tET8-1Cq53ExX54PDNbDY4HmtMCeFjEQTAGUAcQ7Bl-bcMAaHcuVnqbmMTX2qCRrYK6NFaHh5lF4zFKoVXN7xT4a5NMtqDx1zL6HkCRVsbOyjupBMxE12xlpEtqVM=w460-h256-no

The pricing on last minute TAs has always been great; however, these are not cruises that everyone can book last minute. People who work are often not able to take 2-3 weeks off work with short notice.

When I factor in airfare costs, it would be cheaper for me to do a land trip to Europe vs. booking a cheap TA and paying high airfare.

How are you going to get from Canada, to /from Europe, drive? I don’t think you can get any cheap airfare though anything like Choice Air for land vacations. Two years ago we came home from Amsterdam to Phoenix, after doing a TA, for less than $600 p.p.

How are you going to get from Canada, to /from Europe, drive? I don’t think you can get any cheap airfare though anything like Choice Air for land vacations. Two years ago we came home from Amsterdam to Phoenix, after doing a TA, for less than $600 p.p.

Just checked random April/May dates and I can fly to Paris for around $900 Canadian or under $700 us. London for around $800 cdn. It’s really not that hard.

Sorry to tag on T.C.

Maybe true No Perks on a Celebrity TA, however, Perks galore with NCL TA, With a great price.

$1079 Balcony 15 Night TA with Ultimate Liquor Pkg, 4 speciality dinners for 2, and $100 OBC sailing the EPIC.

IMO, Best cruise line entertainment along packaged with 16 dining choices and 16 bars and lounges.

And glass "haf fullers".......all flights from PHX roundtrip at $520pp.

Signed her UP and just booked IT !!

Spot on.

Of course there'll be occasional bargains - is anyone really surprised by that? Not sure what the point is... except regular gloating by some.

But the overall trend is up. There's a good reason the RCL profits and share price has been up over the past few years.

Not gloating at all - just pointing out that it is possible to travel well for less. IMO, it's kind of like buying a car. Many people want new, pay a premium for that and the minute they drive out of the dealership, the value of their car has depreciated. Then there are people who buy the exact same car 1 or 2 years later and get a great ride for a lot less.

I realize that because of where you live deals may be less easy to find, but for most in N America, it's not hard to do.

Fortunately, we are not in a place in life, yet, where we need to be concerned about the cost of taking an X sailing. So no need to bash prices or departure time frames (I Am restricted as to when) it only has to be X.

Yes, we can find 'less expensive' sailings on vessels with umpteen dining facilities, umpteen dancing spaces, even umpteen bars... not willing to go with 3k+ other people though, so there is no value for us in going on a less expensive line. There are others who are willing or need to do so, thus great for them...

Nothing like choice though... I say go for it.

bon voyage

Add Connie's Repo from Abu Dhabi to Rome April 22nd to your list of "outrageous" :halo: prices.

$699, $799 & $1199

Yea, we did this last April so enjoyed it we booked again for2018!But have booked the November Suez and looked like we we would do a B2B and add the previous cruise.Has my one seen the price of this cruise? Wow we did it last year for more than half price of today's price. The Holy land cruises seem so expensive and nearly all cabins are GTY

It never seems to end! Just how greedy can the those vile, corporate money grubbers get?!?

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) with $50 OBC:)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony0 with $175 OBC:D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) with $150 OBC :eek:

Yes, these are likely transatlantic or repo cruises with out the bundled promo pricing. That is about the only X cruises that we take anymore.

I just don't get it...I am not the riches guy in town. I can't even afford a "once a year cruise". Like everything else in the world prices are always climbing. But to have any cruise that is for 2 with a couple of perks (your choice), Taxes and Port fees S/B about $500 a day. Come on, it includes Food, Entertainment, (Drink package) (Internet) and room with Service, (Gratuities), Exercise, Beautiful views, gaining new friends, Shopping Mall, Learning new things, Catching up on our relationships and a great rating of a Cruise Ship!

Oh, you must be thinking of Motel 6, No perks, Budweiser beer, Skipping tips, a Dvd (not Blue ray) movie, Driving all day to the next stop, Freeway views, screaming at your partner, and looking for something to do in a small town. That might cost about $225 a day.

I think I will save my money and really go on the vacation of a higher class. So I really hope you are not talking about US pricing.

...just don't get it??????

NMNl_phGTTes3k148skyHlk3vE8sd5Uvw8eMwq57x27WSNZfwolWQ2ievE8FFejDrNtQquKUjCtNaGuy0ZgnKYJJNhn9IggWOA6wvsTybeYSgyRocB8hHj5PwCJbeqHjlE62O2nfrIcF5k0da4ziL5hpJY9sgkcWxUA3FdojRgBUma-w-WOzZnWn31_-9Rg-4OihYyZ6-SL1cvWwiUyIfNcOyVqRMw1l_E3352i-nqkPshp_DCjSjU8bpn_D6epa-2JQKcHMqJhJ0LVCoJFNcmprH2BjkI3LL1UFvOoYVHe8yaKoVYi4bDiJX2dTNMOxGsJjjaiPVZPmtAyVCa-wbyEvCklXzvLcGZxHQs98SqFevcDg2J7-vjq2XGaVE5NRrLHE4yDonZRUpuymSXrquBhuvWOqs5v_uudvSxBcopo4-aLEDKlT_8f5ubWdFGJlGCQaaHxiNmo0zpYOxm834oMVn0ai1Of1f6ApMeVSV6tET8-1Cq53ExX54PDNbDY4HmtMCeFjEQTAGUAcQ7Bl-bcMAaHcuVnqbmMTX2qCRrYK6NFaHh5lF4zFKoVXN7xT4a5NMtqDx1zL6HkCRVsbOyjupBMxE12xlpEtqVM=w460-h256-no

The point, given by someone who has cruised many, many times since the early 1990's, (mostly on Celebrity) is that in recent years cruise prices on Celebrity have risen considerably. And by considerably I may way above inflation, even with consideration given to any perks which may be included (nothing is really 'free' despite what some people seem to think based on some comments I see on these boards). It is not a point as to whether there is or is not a good value to what you are receiving. Obviously I think there is or I wouldn't have 36 Celebrity cruises under my belt. But the sharp upswing in prices on the vast majority of their cruises has many of us loyal Celebrity cruisers frustrated if nothing else, particularly when one considers that during the last few years quite a number of cuts have been made to service, entertainment and so on.

I'd be nothing but a fool to say that I enjoy paying more and getting less, even if I think overall it is still a good value for the money.

The point, given by someone who has cruised many, many times since the early 1990's, (mostly on Celebrity) is that in recent years cruise prices on Celebrity have risen considerably. And by considerably I may way above inflation, even with consideration given to any perks which may be included (nothing is really 'free' despite what some people seem to think based on some comments I see on these boards). It is not a point as to whether there is or is not a good value to what you are receiving. Obviously I think there is or I wouldn't have 36 Celebrity cruises under my belt. But the sharp upswing in prices on the vast majority of their cruises has many of us loyal Celebrity cruisers frustrated if nothing else, particularly when one considers that during the last few years quite a number of cuts have been made to service, entertainment and so on.

I'd be nothing but a fool to say that I enjoy paying more and getting less, even if I think overall it is still a good value for the money.

I hope you don't mind to disagree with you a little. Our last cruise was to Hawaii which was in a Sky Suite, The price for both of us was $510 a day. Yes we took a 14 day cruise. Here are the things we did not get even in a suite: Beverage Package, Tips included, internet service. Did we get our money's worth YES! I did buy ahead of time my scotch, Gin for the wife, 2 bottles of wine a day (28 in all) and if i throw all that on, getting a cruise with those packages and looking at what we added, paying for a aft veranda in the back W/O the butler for about $450 a day ia a bargain. I guess it what you think you are paying for. Cruising is still a great deal.

OK...FINE... I WILL! (and thanks for the info!)

Don't cha jus love some of the glass half empty posts?!

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) w/ $50 OBC :)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony) w/ $175 OBC :D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) w/ $150 OBC :eek:

15 night Constellation 22 Apr...$674pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $1174pp (balcony) w/ $100 OBC

Those price are up, did the Conny repoistioning last April for $608

Teecee Which TA did you book ?

from my own research, last minute pricing isn't such a great deal.

I've always found it to be a great deal, and with just a couple of exceptions, that's how we've always booked.

yes, you might, and might is the word, be able to score a specific cabin for a reduced rate.

Well, I just last week scored a specific Sky Suite for a 14-day cruise next month from Singapore to Hong Kong at the reduced rate of $2999pp.

however, usually bonus packages are excluded and cost substantially more to add on a late booking.

That rate included **all four** perks and not only didn't add substantially to my late booking, it didn't add anything at all. (Full disclosure: I could have booked a suite GTY for $2549pp, so in essence the 4 perks cost $450pp.)

additionally, i've seen anytime dining as unavailable and the 630 dining time too. so you'll be stuck with the 830 slot. that might or might not be a dealbreaker for some.

Not an issue when you can book a suite for the price of a regular cabin and get to dine in Luminae or simply be served in your cabin.

also on late bookings, cabin selection is poor. again, fi you're willing to sail in any cabin then this is a non-issue for last minute sales (no pun intended).

It's a non-issue for us. Even when I haven't been able to select a specific cabin on a last-minute booking, I've never been disappointed with the GTY that was eventually assigned.

my own math shows that booking in advance on a promo rate costs around $200 more per person on the cabin fare BUT you also pick up substantial benefits as in packages, dining time and cabin/location selection.

Would you care to find me examples where I can book in advance and get a Sky Suite for any cruise on any itinerary for approximately $200pp/per day, including gratuities, premium drink package, Internet package, and $150obc? (Or even just a couple hundred dollars more as "your math" apparently indicates.) I'll be happy to book multiple future cruises right now rather than waiting for last-minute pricing.

to each their own. i just wanted to share my own observations and research.

happy cruising to all!!! :cool::ship:(y)

And I'm sharing mine!

My DH and I have a cruise booked in Europe on Reflection: S1 corner aft for $374 pp. It is a ten night cruise to Greece and Italy. I am picky about the ship and cabin, so I expect to pay more. We have all four packages and $775 OBC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Add Connie's Repo from Abu Dhabi to Rome April 22nd to your list of "outrageous" :halo: prices.

$699, $799 & $1199

Are you joining us, Cruise Junky? We paid a little more than the $1199 for AQ 1. It certainly is a deal. We booked 2 years ago at a much higher price and then watched the prices go down last July. Seven reductions, and then they started to go up again.

Are you joining us, Cruise Junky? We paid a little more than the $1199 for AQ 1. It certainly is a deal. We booked 2 years ago at a much higher price and then watched the prices go down last July. Seven reductions, and then they started to go up again.

No, were off to Kauai in April. I’d love to do this one day though. Enjoy!

My DH and I have a cruise booked in Europe on Reflection: S1 corner aft for $374 pp. It is a ten night cruise to Greece and Italy. I am picky about the ship and cabin, so I expect to pay more. We have all four packages and $775 OBC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has to be the greatest deal of all time. 10 day cruise, in a Sky Suite, with the “Best” Package, and the obc is $7 more than you paid for the cruise.