Any news on Reflection post-drydock?

WonderMan3

So maybe I missed posts about this, but was there any news about anything new that came out of Reflection’s drydock this month? It looks like it sailed again on the 19th. Since there wasn’t a press release from Celebrity I’m going to assume there were no significant updates save for refreshing the furniture/carpets, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently what I've heard is that they did some work on the azapods, and bow thrusters in terms of mechanical stuff. They painted the hull under the water line, cabin doors have been retrofitted to be unlocked with tapping the key card rather than the old insert style, carpeting and some furniture has been replaced in common areas, a large television screen has been mounted in the lawn club across from the lawn club grill, and the cabanas have had some minor modifications. I board on Monday so if I hear anything else i'll post.

Apparently what I've heard is that they did some work on the azapods, and bow thrusters in terms of mechanical stuff. They painted the hull under the water line, cabin doors have been retrofitted to be unlocked with tapping the key card rather than the old insert style, carpeting and some furniture has been replaced in common areas, a large television screen has been mounted in the lawn club across from the lawn club grill, and the cabanas have had some minor modifications. I board on Monday so if I hear anything else i'll post.

Can you also post who the Cruise Director is? Apparently the current CD is going on vacation after this cruise.

Thanks!

snow bunny

Can you also post who the Cruise Director is? Apparently the current CD is going on vacation after this cruise.

Thanks!

snow bunny

Maarten Breuls is the current CD, and he's just announced within the last hour that he's to be the opening CD for Celebrity Edge which is delighted about, naturally

Maarten Breuls is the current CD, and he's just announced within the last hour that he's to be the opening CD for Celebrity Edge which is delighted about, naturally

Good for Maarten, we will look forward to seeing him on the Edge.

Thanks!

Maarten is a wonderful and amazing CD. This was our first cruise, and while we enjoyed but were not overwhelmed by the cruise experience (just personal preference compared land vacations), the CD was charming, witty, able to plan for an unplanned day at sea, made the cruise so much better in general with his presence.

Not a surprise since HD Niyazi will be the Edge HD. He told me that he plans to take a number of people from Reflection to Edge.

So movies on the lawn? That seemed like a natural fit.

Wonder how tapping the key card will work out..and will that apply for exit and entry from the ship....Can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your cruise.

Personally, I am not at all happy about the screen on the lawn.

I agree with your feelings. Part of paying for the Alcoves is the peace and quiet. Hope that is not disturbed by movies, etc. Hope that will be a night thing (if at all)!

I agree with your feelings. Part of paying for the Alcoves is the peace and quiet. Hope that is not disturbed by movies, etc. Hope that will be a night thing (if at all)!

I imagine it would be at night when the Alcoves are currently not used. Perhaps you will be able to book an alcove now at night and can have dinner or snacks served while you watch the movie. That would be cool and a new revenue source for Celebrity.

We currently on Reflection and the upgrades are as mentioned. I find the tap and enter door system quite a nice feature. New carpet everywhere.

Earlier this week, they played a short video showing the dry dock experience at a fast paced. Sure looked like a lot of work including painting and maintenance in lots of places including the pools

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We currently on Reflection and the upgrades are as mentioned. I find the tap and enter door system quite a nice feature. New carpet everywhere.

Earlier this week, they played a short video showing the dry dock experience at a fast paced. Sure looked like a lot of work including painting and maintenance in lots of places including the pools

Re the Alcove and TV (movie screen?). Hard to picture location "across from the LClubGrill" - which is a small area and the railing. If it's facing toward the Alcove area, or in it, wouldn't cruisers all congregate inside that area so the privacy of those booking them will have overwhelming company? We're trying to book an Alcove on our next cruise and could possibly use it before the 9pm close off time. The other downside I see to the TV installation there, or anywhere on the decks, is the wind is pretty strong when the ship is moving (you feel it when approaching the Grille). Wouldn't that preclude movie watching enjoyment? If you have the opportunity, please let me know how this TV situation is working.

Wonder how tapping the key card will work out..and will that apply for exit and entry from the ship....Can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your cruise.

They scan a bar code for entry to and exit from the ship, so it may not change that part. I read that X (and RCI) are working to make entry to your room be "cardless." Whatever wireless device you have (like a phone) would act as your room key.

When you say "new carpet everywhere," do you mean in the large areas only or in the cabins too?

Thanks! anyone else can chime in too...

They scan a bar code for entry to and exit from the ship, so it may not change that part. I read that X (and RCI) are working to make entry to your room be "cardless." Whatever wireless device you have (like a phone) would act as your room key.

I hope it never comes to that. The last thing I want to do is to carry my phone around the ship - specially when I am at the pool where it would be left unattended.

• Like 1

I hope it never comes to that. The last thing I want to do is to carry my phone around the ship - specially when I am at the pool where it would be left unattended.

I think it is RCI’s answer to the Princess Medallion—but it can be on any device. I agree, I hope a card remains an option.