Edge officers, staff shaping up

vtcruising

16 minutes ago, Esprit said:

No other news I'm afraid Marilyn. The internet is currently really bad. Hopefully I'll get more information about the 19th. I do know 19th & 20th have been labelled "USCG"

Peter 

Well I guess that bodes well for them being in FLL.  🙂

Received my email from the shoreside concierge today for my Dec 9th sailing. In the email it mentions that there will be two Retreat Concierges onboard Edge. Their names are Denisa and Joao. Not sure if anyone is familiar with them from other ships.

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Received my email from the shoreside concierge today for my Dec 9th sailing. In the email it mentions that there will be two Retreat Concierges onboard Edge. Their names are Denisa and Joao. Not sure if anyone is familiar with them from other ships.

We've never met them. It makes sense for the Edge to have 2 Concierges in the Retreat.

Reflection had to have 2 as well to handle the extra suites.

The ship seems to have lots of staff and entertainers coming on board.

Have not seen stats but I bet EDGE has a high staff to guest ratio and high payroll!

Glad to see that because it shows a move away from the pre recorded music,  and  gives hope for great service in the dining venues , bars, guest relations, and all ship services..

Counting down to January!

Peter, the crew did a fantastic job on her. I watched her sail in via the port webcam, and I was astonished to see each and every surface - including windows - gleaming as though she’d just come from the detailers, instead of having just sailed briskly through salt water & salty air. Well done, Edge crew! BTW I’m still hoping I’ll have the chance to meet Valentina on my April sailing.

Cheers,

Michelle 

54 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Not much I am allowed to report from Valentina other than yesterday was fantastic. 

Now all the crews hard work really begins!

Great video..thanks for posting this and all the updates you are permitted to share 

RTG looks like it will be one of our fav  hangouts...right around the corner from the Sunset Bar!!!

3 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

I just got somewhat caught up on this thread....VT your daughter is on Board, how Wonderful!!!!

I wish I had a daughter onboard, but actually it is Peter (Esprit) who has a daughter (Valentina) onboard. She is an activities manager. I hope to meet her on my Edge cruises. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I wish I had a daughter onboard, but actually it is Peter (Esprit) who has a daughter (Valentina) onboard. She is an activities manager. I hope to meet her on my Edge cruises. 🙂

I'm 100% certain you will Marilyn:classic_smile: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Esprit said:

Quick update. Lewis Power-Stannard is now on board and will be the Cruise Director until 8 December. He'll then return to the Edge as CD in early January.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Sorry to hear that Maarten is not there, but I'm sure Lewis will be good.

I will send the chocolates to Valentina on this next cruise. My mishap got in the way earlier in the week. 😊

Hi Marilyn

I hope you are over your ordeal and looking forward to having your stitches removed once on board tomorrow.

I think Maarten is still on board and Lewis is there to see what he needs to do once he gets fully up and running in the second week of January.

Valentina has been entertaining passengers with palm reading or some sort of card reading thing under the name of "Jackie" in the day time. It maybe in the ship daily!

Apparently the music noise from the Martini bar area is to be toned down whist people are eating close by.

Lots of stuff is work in progress so I hope guests can appreciate the fluid state of what is happening around the ship.

Peter

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Hi Marilyn

I hope you are over your ordeal and looking forward to having your stitches removed once on board tomorrow.

I think Maarten is still on board and Lewis is there to see what he needs to do once he gets fully up and running in the second week of January.

Valentina has been entertaining passengers with palm reading or some sort of card reading thing under the name of "Jackie" in the day time. It maybe in the ship daily!

Apparently the music noise from the Martini bar area is to be toned down whist people are eating close by.

Lots of stuff is work in progress so I hope guests can appreciate the fluid state of what is happening around the ship.

Peter

Thanks for the heads up! Glad the Martini Bar will be toned down during meal times - I appreciate that it is a work in progress! Perfection takes time! Are you getting excited for your cruise?  😊

Hi Marilyn

I have a message for you!

Valentina asked me to say "Thank you" on her behalf for the chocolates your butler kindly delivered to her. I said you'd be back on the 20th so hopefully the pair of you will actually meet up next time.

I hope you recover fully from your little mishap and have a safe uneventful journey back home.

Regards

Peter

PS and yes, I can't wait to get on the Edge next Sunday

Thanks, Peter! I’m glad she received them. At the show the other night, Maarten talked about his Activities Manager, Valentina. I wish I had been able to meet her, but January will be here soon!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

• Thanks 1

BTW, they don’t have a list of officers yet. They may not give out a paper one when they do. They are really minimizing paper. I asked GR if I could have a list of names. She very nicely made a list and printed and had it delivered to my stateroom. It only has first names. 😀2C998B5E-9B8C-40FD-9769-91FBD3078E44.thumb.jpeg.2d27faf8b7cd11b43ba67086ad71649d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Hi Marilyn

I have a message for you!

Valentina asked me to say "Thank you" on her behalf for the chocolates your butler kindly delivered to her. I said you'd be back on the 20th so hopefully the pair of you will actually meet up next time.

I hope you recover fully from your little mishap and have a safe uneventful journey back home.

Regards

Peter

PS and yes, I can't wait to get on the Edge next Sunday

Thanks, Peter, for all your updates, and thanks to Valentina, of course, for keeping you in the loop from her perspective!  Have a great trip!

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

• Thanks 1

Luminae Maitre d': Anita

Retreat Lounge Concierges: Joao and Denisa, as WM reported earlier

Anita was excellent in Luminae. She remembered names (176 suites!) and seating preferences. I didn't deal with Denisa at all since Joao became my go to person. He was wonderful - very personable, with a dry sense of humor. He actually read some of my comments on CC and was pretty funny in his reactions. He tried hard to make things happen. He should be there when we return in January.