Free Gratuities special

spanishguy1970

Back when we booked this upcoming cruise in 2016 we had a choice of two perks which included free grats, drink package, dining package (3) and maybe a couple other choices. Haven't see the free grats offered since.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The last type of free gratuities offered that I have seen was last June. It was not one of the perks that you chose, it was just offered as a type of special I believe. We booked the Dawn and everyone received free gratuities...and that was on top of the perk that we chose. I've kept an eye out for it to be offered again but haven't seen it.

Try some other online tas... We used cruisesonly and got free grants along with various other perks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I did this recently. The price was exactly the same as the online price, but grats were included. Might be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free gratuities was offered as an option for our upcoming Feb 24th Epic Cruise. We were able to pick 2 and chose free grat and the UBP. Amazing deal. Inside room, we paid a total of 711 per person (2 per room). We are also part of a wedding group and have a reserved block of rooms etc so not sure if that affects our offers/rates.

My sister got this as a perk when she booked a May cruise on the Getaway...she booked in September. We had just booked a couple of weeks before and didn't get it. When I called TA, I was not able to get it...must have been offered for a few hours!!

Like others said, free grats direct from NCL is rare but agencies who do offer it when NCL doesn't take it out of their commission. On our Aug Alaska cruise, we got all 5 perks + free grats booking an oceanview.

Sign up to be on various TA mailing lists and you will see who will be offering this... usually none of the large national TA's heavily rebate their commission.

Gratuities are 100% optional in the first place other than on some of the packages. Those packages are often free in FAS. If you do not want to leave a gratuity then by all means don't.

I for one think it sucks when people opt out in not leaving gratuities, I like the free gratuities perk because i am a person who hardly drinks or eats at the specialty restaurants i am happy with the MDR food. To me the free gratuities perk just makes it easier to budget but does not mean i would not leave an little extra for my steward or waiter....specially if they do an exceptional job.

Like others said, free grats direct from NCL is rare but agencies who do offer it when NCL doesn't take it out of their commission. On our Aug Alaska cruise, we got all 5 perks + free grats booking an oceanview.

Sign up to be on various TA mailing lists and you will see who will be offering this... usually none of the large national TA's heavily rebate their commission.

I have a great travel agency and great agent, in fact her company offers " free gratuities" on cruises all the time, but if fluctuates, right now they are offering it for Royal Caribbean but i am still waiting for them to offer it for NCL cruises. The last time the company offered free gratuities for NCL was in December but only for caribbean cruises but i am waiting for Europe cruises specially Transatlantics. I will keep checking. Thank you everyone for your responses..:D

Free gratuities was offered as an option for our upcoming Feb 24th Epic Cruise. We were able to pick 2 and chose free grat and the UBP. Amazing deal. Inside room, we paid a total of 711 per person (2 per room). We are also part of a wedding group and have a reserved block of rooms etc so not sure if that affects our offers/rates.

If you’re part of a group NCL offers free gratuities and has done this for a group I organized for November 25 on the Escape

Sent from my iPhone using Forums