Diamond lounge access how do they check?

kiska

I keep reading complaints on the board about how too many people are trying to sneak in others into the diamond lounge. All the times I've been in the lounge across several ships, while it was always crowded, nothing was ever checked. How do they check, do they just look at your card to see if it says diamond on it?

I keep reading complaints on the board about how too many people are trying to sneak in others into the diamond lounge. All the times I've been in the lounge across several ships, while it was always crowded, nothing was ever checked. How do they check, do they just look at your card to see if it says diamond on it?

Yes, many times they will ask to see the SeaPass card, especially the first time they see someone.

A lot of the Diamond Clubs have key lock doors now where you just swipe or touch your card. Even then the concierge, or surrogate, it typically standing inside "greeting" people as they enter. I'm not sure people couldn't sneak in, but you'd have to want to pretty badly.

After the concierge gets to know you they tend to not check as much (usually the 2nd day). I don't know how they are so good at learning new faces every week.

On Explorer last year they opened up the Star Lounge for the DC and there were lots of people checking every night (not armed guards, but often people with stripes). They had a big crowd and I'd guess it cost them a bunch to support that loyalty benefit for that cruise.

That said, we never had a problem getting in, getting a seat, or getting all the drinks we wanted. They are like a well oiled machine.

Tom

On the Allure over Christmas they were strict during the hours the host was there. I saw one lady who brought several friends in and they all were checked and apparently her roommate was turned away. I know my MIL has had her roommate be able to enter when they weren’t diamond but they were not allowing it that cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lounges usually have card readers to unlock/open the door to the lounge. When we've been in CL, they always come around the first time they see you and check you against a list. DL's use the key card reader and the concierge usually pays close attention to who comes in and with who. I appreciate them checking as the lounges are crowded enough.

We were on the Liberty of the Seas last December. We had to use our Sea Pass card to open the door. However, once inside the Concierge who was sitting at this desk didn't even look up at us. We were in there often but only saw him once during our seven day cruise.

They were checking cards on out Oasis cruise last September.

When we were outside the lounge, we heard a woman ask her DH how long until they were Diamond. Hubby said not sure, but the concierge was really rude to kick them out of the DL. Too funny.

On Harmony of the seas, they were literally "carding" everyone who walked through the door if the concierge didn't already meet you.

There was a crew member from guest relations standing at the door to enter. You had to scan your sea pass for entry unless they remembered you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off of Anthem and you had to swipe the door. Once in no one carded us. It was only busy during “free” booze time. Either get there early or late not during peak times. For us it was 5-8pm.

We don’t go in there much for happy hour like we used to since they started letting us get the diamond drinks elsewhere so we can sit with our parents and friends who may not be diamond. In the few times I do go in it’s usually for coffee in the morning or help from the concierge with reservations.

I agree with many posters who say it’s random and varies by ship. I would also add I have seen it be more strict on holiday cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

just got off the Freedom of the Seas and it was a free for all. Long lines just to get a drink and the Diamond Plus concierge said she could not controll who went in. She had the door unlocked and opened. A few of us told her that was not true. She was not a good Concierge anyway.

On Majesty, they were swiping cards for the free drinks.

I thought they would when we were on the last 5 night before it went to dry dock last week. Instead, Shane and some other officers were greeting and checking sea pass cards as you stepped off the elevator. Stair entrance was closed off. Once in...the waiters (who were always right there with great service) never checked or swiped our cards.

Due to large numbers of D's and up...the entire lounge was used for the event. Even had two "feeding troughs" :p on each end of the room. The one in the aft was taken down after first seating, and then the signs went up instead of checking at the entrance.

Currently on Oasis. Someone from GS is assisting Beatrice check ID's, even on second day. 850 Diamond and D+, no overflow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

OMG John!! That's a big number!:eek: We were pretty heavy numbers in December also, tried to sit with friends in the DL a couple times, but could never get a seat or a drink. Gave up. SL was never crowded, as I am sure you know. ;)

just got off the Freedom of the Seas and it was a free for all. Long lines just to get a drink and the Diamond Plus concierge said she could not controll who went in. She had the door unlocked and opened. A few of us told her that was not true. She was not a good Concierge anyway.

Agree. As the Concierge she is the "keeper of the keys", so to speak.