so many questions bout this itinerary

sueajp

We are first time Celebrity cruisers who have tried many other lines (as you can see by my signature) ;) We are very interested in the October 19th sailing from Rome to Corsica, Malaga, Seville, Girbraltar, Sete, Toulon, Portofino, Florence and back to Rome. Has anyone done this sailing? I have been reading the reviews and many are just back from the Israel, Abu Dhabi etc.. portion and have lots of negatives about the ship and food and entertainment! This is rather concerning. I was wondering if that particular trip had a rough go or if others found it similar on this itinerary? Looking for all thoughts! Thanks! :D

We are first time Celebrity cruisers who have tried many other lines (as you can see by my signature) ;) We are very interested in the October 19th sailing from Rome to Corsica, Malaga, Seville, Girbraltar, Sete, Toulon, Portofino, Florence and back to Rome. Has anyone done this sailing? I have been reading the reviews and many are just back from the Israel, Abu Dhabi etc.. portion and have lots of negatives about the ship and food and entertainment! This is rather concerning. I was wondering if that particular trip had a rough go or if others found it similar on this itinerary? Looking for all thoughts! Thanks! :D

What ship? I'd suggest looking at ship reviews for the ship you're considering. We've sailed most of the current Celebrity ships, some that have since been sold. While we have had our favorites, we've had positive experiences overall. Any line can have an off sailing, but over all Celebrity offers an nice experience and the ships are well maintained and have great crews. Keep in mind that as in most any consumer related issue, those with complaints tend to be more vocal than satisfied customers. I wouldn't be too concerned.

What ship? I'd suggest looking at ship reviews for the ship you're considering. We've sailed most of the current Celebrity ships, some that have since been sold. While we have had our favorites, we've had positive experiences overall. Any line can have an off sailing, but over all Celebrity offers an nice experience and the ships are well maintained and have great crews. Keep in mind that as in most any consumer related issue, those with complaints tend to be more vocal than satisfied customers. I wouldn't be too concerned.
Rated: A++++

Thank you

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

We were on Constellation in 2016 before it's latest dry dock update. We enjoyed the ship and crew. There have been a few very vocal cc members who have issue with that ship, (I'm not quite sure why) but the crew, accommodations, food and service and the overall ship condition was wonderful. We did a Caribbean itinerary, so I can't speak to the itinerary you mentioned specifically, but I would not hesitate to book a cruise on Connie again if the itinerary was interesting.

Good to see! We are considering a 2019 Venice to Rome 10-night sailing on the Constellation (several stops in Croatia, Montenegro, Malta, and Italy), but noted the same concerns voiced on the Arabian cruises. I posted a similar question, and have been advised the same as here...I think it put any of our fears to rest.

We just booked this cruise (Spain France Italy, 10-19-18, Constellation) a week or so ago. We booked it precisely because we thought the itinerary was unusual and interesting.

We have never sailed on the Constellation or any Millennium class ships, and our only two prior cruises were on Celebrity Solstice class ships. But could you identify a little more specifically the concerns that you came across, so I can start to consider the same as well? Or, alternatively, provide a link or link to the threads where you are seeing theses concerns?

Thanks.

Tom & Judy

Thanks Bo. High praise from you is most valued and appreciated.
I - thank you for your kind words, you so aptly stated a truth which some cannot phantom and others may take issue with solely on their experience without thought that others have yet a differing one.

We almost always hear about the anomalies in service, ports, food, etc. without taking into consideration such things as health scores of the various ships we choose, as an example.

I have always found your posts to be objective and fair overall, something I strive to do. Thank you for this!

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

We are Celebrity cruisers. Do take other Lines due to special itenerary or joining friends, but Celebrity meets what we are looking for overall. There is no bad cruise, some better but none bad, at least for us. As to the Connie, we loved that ship. Been on her twice and it was our favorite M-Class ship. Excellent service whose crew seemed proud of being part of that team. It showed.

The dining and other services were pretty much the same as other Celebrity ships. One thing we love about M-Class ships is the Spa/Thalassotherary pool. It’s a saltwater inside warm pool with lots of water action and with steel pipes on the sides that form lounges with bubbles coming up. Fantastic.

Enjoy the cruise.

For one poster who will be going to Malta. Great port! See if you can get a private tour to see the Hypogeum. It’s an underground Neolithic structure. Unbelievable. Only 10 people per hr can go down into it so you need a tour set up by a local agent.

Den

On the Constellation last August, Venice - Greek Isles trip. Our third M-class ship (and we’ve since sailed on Summit, our 4th.) Good ship, good crew. Our only complaint was that there were too many ports, not enough sea days to relax and enjoy the ship! We somewhat prefer the M-class but the larger S-class have their good points as well.

You are doing some fantastic ports...Portofino, though very small, is absolutely gorgeous. I had the best homemade pasta on one of the boats on the water. just melted in my mouth. Malaga has updated their port area and is so much better than it was. Corsica is a lot of fun if you choose a good tour. You will definitely have a wonderful time. Some do not enjoy the M class ships as much as the S class. This is for a variety of reasons; I am one of those individuals, but you have some excellent ports, so no worries. I prefer newer venues and my DH could care less! Go make those memories!

Seville is also very special!

Edited by Lastdance

This sounds very good and I appreciate everyone's feedback. The review I read from the January sailing to the Holy Land and some other Mediterranean ports complained about the food, which I know can be subjective, and felt there was. It enough staff and of course, the notorious pool chair hogs, which can happen anywhere. Some said,the ship looked "tired"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh BTW I think we are putting down a deposit tomorrow. Does anyone know how long you have to cancel,with a refund ?

Of course, ask them to be sure. But I think in general it is 100 days before the sailing date. That is the final payment date. After that date there are partial cancellation charges. If you have a travel agent, the travel agent might have its own cancellation fee.

Tom & Judy

Thanks Tom and Judy, our travel agent we always used is not doing this anymore. Contacted another and she wants $100 per booking and then it will be credited as on board credit if we book through her or lose it if we do our own. That was new to us. So far we have been in touch with Celebrity directly.

Thanks Tom and Judy, our travel agent we always used is not doing this anymore. Contacted another and she wants $100 per booking and then it will be credited as on board credit if we book through her or lose it if we do our own. That was new to us. So far we have been in touch with Celebrity directly.

I guess the trade-off is that if you deal directly with Celebrity you are not going to get "extras" thrown in, but there is no cancellation or change penalty (I think) unless you buy one of the new non-refundable fares. On the other hand, if you book through an agent, they may very likely throw you extra on-board credit, or specialty restaurant credits, but then you might have cancellation or change fees.

We've been on the Connie several times, twice in Europe and once doing the Christmas/New Year cruise UAE - India - UAE 2016/7. Loved her! A fabulous ship with an excellent crew. We would have no hesitation in travelling on her again.

Your itinery looks so interesting! Envy!

'For one poster who will be going to Malta. Great port! See if you can get a private tour to see the Hypogeum. It’s an underground Neolithic structure. Unbelievable. Only 10 people per hr can go down into it so you need a tour set up by a local agent.'

I agree! It's a once-in-a-life opportunity. We took this tour when we were on the Silhouette first time. Would love to visit the site again. Beware: it is hot and humid down there!

We,ended up booking cabins on deck 6 mid ships, ok? Do we,have to be concerned with seeing the lifeboats?

You can go to cruisedeckplans.com. It's a TA website that has info on all cruise lines and ships. Go to the ship and deck and cabin of your choice and there is information about obstructed views, noisy cabins, extra large balconies, etc. On various decks you'll see stars, which when you hover over them will give special information about particular cabins. We never select a cabin without consulting it and have never been let down.