Club class mini suites are they worth it

CU64

12 day Emerald RT Alaska out of LA. Have favorite mini on Emerald but it does create some vibrations. Considering going to Dolphin for interest in new location ...is extra 2 K worth that “expanded menu?” & different environment?

Practical side says no; but then we starting to like more

From the cruise ship, & the reviews on Emerald have been less than exciting.

Feedback appreciated.

Barbara

My experience was less than stellar. I think it totally depends on the ship and Maitre D. The "extras" when were on the Royal were pretty lame. The money would be better spent on the specialty restaurants, in my opinion.

Well nothing really changes with the cabin. Same size. Maybe a slightly better location with less vibration. Is it worth $2000. for club class dining? No wait and you can go anytime. Sounds like same menu with a few exceptions. For us we might try it if it was cheaper otherwise we will stick with traditional dining.

$ 2000 / 12 = 166.87

166.87 / 2 = 83.44 pp per day

83.44 / 3 meals per day (MAX) = 27.81 pp per meal per day, every day for 12 days

What else does the CC mini provide beside the dining that a regular mini doesn't?

Most who have tried Club Class have only positive reports. But the price difference you are reporting of over $80/pp/pd greater than an Emerald Mini is much higher than I have ever seen.

Personally that would be how I would decide whether to move up to Club Class: does the difference in per diem cost match the value to me of having a dedicated, in theory no wait section of the MDR for breakfast, Sea day lunch and dinner? One day I imagine paying that premium. But nowhere near $80/pp/pd difference for just a higher category in the same cabin class.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hello, I had club class dining on Emerald to Alaska last July. Service was excellent, menu options were great, they cooked some items right at your table. The club class has a better waitstaff ratio; which means you don't wait to get drinks, food, or rolls/butter. We had a table for four every day lunch and dinner. Never waited for table. No matter what time we showed up to eat; were seated right away. As far as the rest of the ship. I think Emerald was in excellent condition. All the staff I came in contact with; from Cruise Director, To Captain, to Hotel manager, to wait staff and bartenders. They all were awesome. No complaints here. My family was very impressed. Oh, this was our first time sailing Princess.. They did such a good job I booked another cruise on CB for Feb 2019

$ 2000 / 12 = 166.87

83.44 / 3 meals per day (MAX) = 27.81 pp per meal per day, every day for 12 days

What else does the CC mini provide beside the dining that a regular mini doesn't?

Actually, voljeep, this might make it more worth it🤑

Thank you for doing this.

$ 2000 / 12 = 166.87

Of course 3 meals per day assumes you don't leave the ship at any port, which is usually not the case.

I wouldn't spend the extra money but just apply it to specialty restaurants when I felt the desire. In the long run you'll come out ahead.

Actually, voljeep, this might make it more worth it🤑

Thank you for doing this.

Those figures represent the difference in cost between the included dining options and Club Class dining. Not the actual value of your individual Club Class meals, which needs to be (in your perception) an amount higher than the difference in fare to be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would keep the money and put it towards those expensive excursions in Alaska...

No more real estate....no more $$ from me...especially when those cabins were at one time just 50 bucks more......than an ME.

Have not had club class but as others said would have to be cost effective if I chose it.

Edited by land lover

I had CC dining on my last two cruises. On the Grand It was excellent. Great service and the head waiter was an exceptional Chef. The Coral was a disappointment. The service was about the worst I've experienced on a ship. There was not a separate entrance, you waited in line with the passengers with reservations. Breakfast and lunch were the same as the rest of the dining room and some days the head waiter did not prepare anything . Was it worth 2K no. I enjoyed the experience and can't complain, it was Princesses dime.

12 day Emerald RT Alaska out of LA. Have favorite mini on Emerald but it does create some vibrations. Considering going to Dolphin for interest in new location ...is extra 2 K worth that “expanded menu?” & different environment?

Feedback appreciated.

Barbara

Here's my assesment. On your 12 day cruise at $25 PP at Sabitini's ($29 at the Steakhouse) that's $50 per day or $600 for all 12 days why not have a really different menu with superior service and food. Compare that to the $2 K for essentially a banquet quality meal in Club Class. Breakfast and lunch in the regular anytime dining room seldom if ever has a wait if you're willing to share a table. Since Club Class comes with a full suite we will accept it in 2 days on our Panama canal cruise and expect to like it but not if we had to pay for it in the form of a higher priced mini suite.

We had club class last fall on the Star and loved it, but it was only $80 more. We have it coming up on the Regal but the cabin was only $200 more when we booked it. We would not book it for $2000 or if we were traveling with others who did not book club class. But we would definitely book it at a more reasonable price.

If you're someone who believes firmly that 6:00 or 6:15 or 6:30 is the ONLY time you can eat dinner, and therefore cannot "accept" traditional dining earlier, or anytime dining right when the doors open, or traditional dining later, or anytime dining once the second round of tables become available, then I suspect Club Class is for you. It's "almost" traditional dining, as there's an extremely small pool of wait staff who handle Club Class and I suspect they try to learn your habits (like TD), but with schedule freedom you'll almost never get if you're a 6:00-7:00 eater.

If you're someone who believes fully in the traditional dining experience and wants it to extend across all (MDR-offered) meals, Club Class is probably a really good compromise. It'll be available to you nightly for dinner, daily for breakfast, and anytime that lunch is served in the MDR. It's not assigned tables, but I suspect the service is close to TD (they probably won't bring your beverages before you arrive, but know what to get shortly after).

If you're someone who frequently travels with others, and those others aren't likely to get Club Class-eligible cabins, and you like to eat with them, Club Class is likely the wrong choice. Here's a scenario where a full suite might make the difference: pick traditional dining, have the others link their booking with you, and request a table of the correct size. You'll have to eat at the designated time, but you can eat together, guaranteed.

If you're someone who loves the suite breakfast, a full suite is perhaps the only way to go. You'll still have the option of Club Class whenever lunch is served, and you may find CC to be worthwhile on disembarkation day (as suite breakfast isn't offered that day).

Feedback appreciated.

Barbara

it's up to you if it's worth it. I find it to be worth it to eat whenever we want, and not have to wait. That's the main benefit I see.

Feedback appreciated.

Barbara

Not sure why any one would pay $500 to $900 per person more for the same size mini suite just to get two half bottles of wine and a special seat in the dinning room.

Not sure why any one would pay $500 to $900 per person more for the same size mini suite just to get two half bottles of wine and a special seat in the dinning room.

Remember you have to take into account that the location of the CC Mini Suites would make them more expensive than others even without having the preferred dining included.

I did a CC mini at a low "introductory" rate on Regal last Spring. It amounted to $50 per day over the regular mini rate (I was solo). It is suppose to be comparable to Aqua Class on Celebrity - not even close. Main advantage was you truly do have AT dining. Menu is same as MDR although they do have 1 additional "item." I say item as it is not necessarily an additional entrée. One night it was the addition of sautéed shrimp to a pasta dish. It was nice but really nothing special. They do not cook tableside. Service is good as there are not that many people to serve. I thought they might have an upgraded room service breakfast menu like they do on Celebrity but they didn't. The afternoon snacks were inedible. I told them not to bring them after day 1.

The value at an additional $50 a day was marginal. It was just OK, The current rate is ridiculous as the value is just not there. I still spent additional money on specialty dining & I am sure others would to as there is nothing special about the dining set up.

Remember you have to take into account that the location of the CC Mini Suites would make them more expensive than others even without having the preferred dining included.

This is very true. The location on the CC Mini Suites are always more expensive not really paying any more than we would have anyway.

The service in CC Dining on Caribbean Princess was great. (y)

My understand is that Club Class lunch is only available on sea days' date=' making the cost per meal even greater.[/quote']

Gee I'm in a mini suite and I still get lunch, and oh it doesn't cost me anything. Why would I pay for lunch.

Interesting discussion. We have a CC mini suite booked for our first Princess cruise to the Panama Canal next December. I liked the locations mid ship for the CC minis on the Coral and the dining was just an extra perk. Not sure I like the sound though of waiting in line with the other diners since I thought CC had its own entrance/line???