Code Red on my booking. Anyone know what that is?

Some time ago, we booked the Mariner for Feb 11th 2019. As many of us do, we check prices on a regular basis.

About three weeks ago I was no longer able to mock book my cruise in order to look at pricing. I know I don't really need to keep checking as my travel agent's franchise has automatic tells when there is a price change, but I still keep at it.

I saw my travel agent at lunch a couple of weeks ago (we are in a networking group together), and asked her why this was. (I can still see my booking on RCI). She said she would check when she got home. She called me later that evening and told me that the sailing had gone into code red. Meaning no bookings are being accepted until they straighten something out.

Anyone ever have this happen? Any travel agents have insight into this? This has been for 3 weeks now.

Thanks in advance for any useful information. I love learning about how things work.

It could also turn out to be chartered. I have a reservation on a BR sailing that has been code red since July 2017. I know that it has been charted as I have seen it offered online. RCL still has not notified me about it yet.

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Good grief! That is a long time to be up in the air.

Good grief! That is a long time to be up in the air.

I quit waiting for them, I have a backup booked. If it ends up being chartered they usually offer 3 or 4 alternative dates price protected and some OBC. You should know in a few weeks.

It could also turn out to be chartered. I have a reservation on a BR sailing that has been code red since July 2017. I know that it has been charted as I have seen it offered online. RCL still has not notified me about it yet.

There is a thing called a contingency charter. The organizer maybe uncertain that they will get enough business to justify the charter. They will put the charter up for sale. They will enter into a contingency contract with the cruise line that allows them a certain amount of time to sell the charter. The cruise line may continue to sell cabins since they do not know whether the charter will happen.

I had this happen to me on a Holland cruise. I cancelled the cruise and booked a replacement.

• Like 1

For the past few weeks I had been checking on Navigator Dec 2, 2018 out of Miami (5 night Western med).. Initially I was told can't book ... no one could tell me why.... and then a few days ago became code red and I was told it is chartered.

Perhaps it's a partial charter and they do not intend to bump the already booked passengers?

I had booked the Navigator post refurb for Feb 2019 when it disappeared from sailings. I called about every other week, often on hold for long periods while they tried to figure it out. All they ever figured out was it was a code red meaning they weren't taking bookings. I checked in here and general advise was to hold out as they would probably offer obc for replacement cruise. However in the meantime I found a good deal with 400$ onboard for corner aft jr suite in Jan 19 on Rhapsody so I'm pleased

For the past few weeks I had been checking on Navigator Dec 2, 2018 out of Miami (5 night Western med).. Initially I was told can't book ... no one could tell me why.... and then a few days ago became code red and I was told it is chartered.

This past December the 5 day Navigator cruise that left Dec. 3 was chartered by a car dealership that was giving away cruises as a sales promo. Looks like they are doing it again.

https://www.cruisewithhuge.com/