Southwest boading pass and checkin

shipper50

Buy Early Bird so you don't have to deal with it on your cruise.

I agree with that herbertandb. I believe that early bird checkin costs $15 and Southwest will do the checkin for you earlier than the 24 hours prior to departure time that everyone else gets to do. They will email or text you your boarding position. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The airlines I fly let me check in and get a boarding pass on my phone 24 hrs prior to flight time.

Does Southwest do the same?

Yes I did that this am. But you have to have wifi and not sure I will have it while on board coming to port so took the great advice and have early bird for $15 not have to worry.... I hope.:rolleyes:

Early Bird is $15 for each leg. So unless it's non stop it will cost you more than $15. Another option that I've used in the past is to go to agent at the gate and pay extra to get a boarding pass for that particular flight in the A1 - A15 range. Last time was $40. And once on board save a seat for my wife since SW allows seat saving. Seems more and more people are using the Early Bird option. On our last flight with Early Bird we were issued B25 and B31 boarding.

Early Bird is $15 for each leg. So unless it's non stop it will cost you more than $15. Another option that I've used in the past is to go to agent at the gate and pay extra to get a boarding pass for that particular flight in the A1 - A15 range. Last time was $40. And once on board save a seat for my wife since SW allows seat saving. Seems more and more people are using the Early Bird option. On our last flight with Early Bird we were issued B25 and B31 boarding.

Hmmm... I've bought Earlybird for every flight I've been on for 4 years and never paid more than $15 per flight, regardless of how many legs there are on it. I typically fly home from Tampa to Austin, and schedules never let me get the non-stop, so I have to go through Houston or Dallas. Only ever paid $15 for Earlybird on the return trip.

Hmmm... I've bought Earlybird for every flight I've been on for 4 years and never paid more than $15 per flight, regardless of how many legs there are on it. I typically fly home from Tampa to Austin, and schedules never let me get the non-stop, so I have to go through Houston or Dallas. Only ever paid $15 for Earlybird on the return trip.

This^^^^^^ Just bought Earlybird for RT flights this month. $15 each way. Neither flight is non-stop. We have a change of planes going both ways. Total $30 per passenger.

I thought there was a kiosk at the airport where you could print boarding passes? Have these been removed?

This^^^^^^ Just bought Earlybird for RT flights this month. $15 each way. Neither flight is non-stop. We have a change of planes going both ways. Total $30 per passenger.

I thought there was a kiosk at the airport where you could print boarding passes? Have these been removed?

No they are still there, at least at all the airports I travel to.

I find it a lot easier to just text the boarding pass to my phone, then I don't have to deal with paper, but I can imagine this would be a pain for a family.

Thanks for the reply's and wishes. Never did early bird and now its done. Just hope the ship ports on time.;)

Yes, Southwest's early bird works perfectly. You can use your smartphone to show your boarding pass at security and the gate. I suggest you download Southwest's app before you leave home. That makes it more convenient to locate and show your digital boarding pass. Or if you have to check luggage at the airport, you can get your printed boarding pass then.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the fast reply. I am to be in port at 8 and my flight leaves at 10:40 am. This might be a good thing.

Yikes! I am way too paranoid to give myself only 2:40hrs to get off a ship and to an airport, through security, and onto the plane! Especially when TSA likes you to show up at least 1 hr, preferably 90 min, prior to departure! And that assumes the ship ain't delayed!

Glad you found a way to avoid any concerns about getting checked in, though!

Yikes! I am way too paranoid to give myself only 2:40hrs to get off a ship and to an airport, through security, and onto the plane! Especially when TSA likes you to show up at least 1 hr, preferably 90 min, prior to departure! And that assumes the ship ain't delayed!

Glad you found a way to avoid any concerns about getting checked in, though!

It was the only non-stop flight to Indy where I didn't have to wait for hours. Hope is works out.:D

I have never found free connections to internet for boarding passes on Carnival ships!!! You either need to pay for an internet plan or ask/pay someone who is using their own plan to get it for you.

the last day they had one terminal with the pictures of the airlines, you couldn't do anything else. Maybe the I.T. was having a generous day. Disclaimer, I did not use it, but I did see it. When we got to the port I downloaded the boarding pass on my iPhone.

We always fly Southwest if possible and get the early-bird. Just got back from the Panama Canal cruise from Long Beach to Tampa. Flight was Orlando to Nashville changed planes and Nashville to LAX. When I printed my boarding passes both legs printed out with early bird. I have never paid more than the $15 and I have been lucky to always get an A.

I can't believe that nobody has recommended what I do--get a friend or relative to check in with SW for you 24 hours in advance. I just ask my daughter to do it for me when we cruise and she's happy to do it. Saves us $$$.

I can't believe that nobody has recommended what I do--get a friend or relative to check in with SW for you 24 hours in advance. I just ask my daughter to do it for me when we cruise and she's happy to do it. Saves us $$$.

Someone did mention that option above!!

You've already purchased Early Bird, so that takes care of needing to check in. Download and set up the Southwest app for your phone - you'll have the boarding pass directly in your phone. Have the app open to the QR code with your passport/ID and you're through security with no issues. Seem like as many people are scanning phones as using paper boarding passes at the gate nowadays. If you're checking bags, you'll have the option to print boarding passes, but it's not necessary if you're using the app.

Sent from my iPad using Forums