Cruise Fare Goes Down After Final Payment Due

Kissmya63

I know this has been talked about before, so I apologize in advance. But if there is something I can do here that would be awesome!

Final payment was due Jan 28th. Now cruise fare is down more than $500.00! Sailing is April 28th. Is there anything I can do? Besides cancel and rebook? I'm part of a group booking so I'm not sure what would happen there either.

No credit of any kind after final payment date. However, you can still upgrade if you like. Check if a higher category stateroom has also dropped in price.

Really? I don't know if a higher category price dropped. Is there a way to find that out? Next higher category shown is Owner's Suite, but when I try and choose it, it says not available.

Really? I don't know if a higher category price dropped. Is there a way to find that out? Next higher category shown is Owner's Suite, but when I try and choose it, it says not available.

The Owner's Suite may be sold out. All yiou can do is make a mock booking to get current prices, and if a category is sold out, it will not be selectable.

The Owner's Suite may be sold out. All yiou can do is make a mock booking to get current prices, and if a category is sold out, it will not be selectable.

Yeah that is what I thought. I won't be greedy! Just to be in a Grand Suite in the first place is fantastic.

Thank you Bob!!

I will do that!

Would calling them instead be a better option do you think?

Thanks again!! :-)

Calling can't hurt, but if you expect them to give you some sort of credit, I think you would be wasting your time.

I wouldn't expect them to give me a credit, but a possibility of getting an Owner's Suite is exciting!!

Then I would keep checking the website and also call from time to time, just in case one shows up.

I just attempted to call and get an adjustment for our April 7th cruise on Harmony. The price went down $500, we just booked it a couple of weeks ago, after the final payment date. I had hoped they would at least give us maybe an onboard credit, drink package, something...but nope didn't get anything. Said only thing we could do was to upgrade to a different cabin, but since we already had a balcony, nothing worth upgrading to without having to pay more.

We booked a european cruise a few years ago. The price dropped to a savings of over $2,000 for 5 of our cabins. (After final payment)My TA said they won't do anything, I said it's worth a shot to ask. She did. We got a huge credit. TA got a nice gift basket while my mother was worried we were moved to the engine room

Bottom line, always ask!

I booked our upcoming cruise AFTER the final payment date. A few weeks later, there was a price drop. I called my TA and was able to get an OBC for the difference in price. So it doesn't hurt to ask!!!

Your TA might have given you the OBC as Royal doesn’t. I like you user name, BTW. We are a Mustang family.:)

I just attempted to call and get an adjustment for our April 7th cruise on Harmony. The price went down $500, we just booked it a couple of weeks ago, after the final payment date.

When waiting till inside final to book wait till around the 60 days out mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your rate does decrease after making final payment but you have a chance to upgrade to make up for it, so to speak, does the original reservation have to be cancelled and then rebooked at upgrade rate? If so, don't you encounter any cancellation penalties? That's the way I understand it on other lines, but we've never done it on RCCL. Just curious.

If your rate does decrease after making final payment but you have a chance to upgrade to make up for it, so to speak, does the original reservation have to be cancelled and then rebooked at upgrade rate? If so, don't you encounter any cancellation penalties? That's the way I understand it on other lines, but we've never done it on RCCL. Just curious.
I've done this. Went from an inside to a jr suite about 60 days out. First phone call the ta made to rccl, rc said no its not on sale for that price and i would loose $500 deposit,then rebook

Next phone call later that day by ta got me the suite with no loss of deposit. Just cost me the price difference. This was NOV. Before the non refundable deposits.

My point being, you dont like an answer... keep calling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

You keep the same reservation number and you are not cancelling. This applies to a North American bookings. Other countries have different policies that are more restrictive.