Carnival Legend Bloodbath Brawl - more bad media coverage for cruising

kazbar

I am feeling the same way except I will be cruising with Princess continually for the time being. I also intend to keep Celebrity on my list and may even add Crystal or Regent to my list.

Given the mob mentality and excessive amounts of bogans on cruise ships these days I am more than likely to keep away from the cheaper cruises.

My next cruises booked with Princess this year are in Japan. I am going in the July and October school holidays when I can easily get time off work. At least flying to Japan and adding on the cost of a cruise is enough to out price the bogans from every country.

You hope anyway. Some bogans are cashed up.

My next cruises are also booked with princess out of Los Angeles. I’m going outside of school holidays. I’m not expecting too many bogans on that. I’m lucky that I can take leave easily throughout the year.

I prefer laidback and relaxing rather than trying to avoid a fist fight. Especially while traveling alone. But others I know enjoy carnival and p&o. Heck that even includes my relatives.

Ironically I looked into traveling solo on p&o and it’s actually more expensive than other lines I’d rather sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m booked on that ship to the Pacific islands next January. Wondering if I should stick with cruising with Royal Caribbean?

Neither cruise line stops that sort of crowd.

Lots of drunkards on last weekend's RCL cruise... any wonder offering drinks packages on a 3 nighter?

That’s the problem with the media, you watched a 30 second clip of a much larger incident.

I recall an incident awhile back a video of a woman being dealt with quite firmly by police which was selectively edited which resulted in quite a bit of sympathy for the woman, at least until another clip surface showing the whole story.

I’m also perplex as to why you make special mention of the woman, a violent woman is just as capable of causing significant injury as a man, ultimately whether security or police the goal is to protect other people and in doing that you may have to use a necessary level of force. While it might not look good on video it’s far better than letting these grubs rampage through the ship assaulting and scaring people.

Looking at the crew member kicking, he doesn’t look to be security, as such he wouldn’t have training and when survival mode hits you do what ever it takes.

Completely agree.

If the group had been causing so many issues then they should have been kicked off the cruise at the first port of call & made to pay their own way home.

I'm sure there will be a full review by carnival & the staff involved will be dealt with privately.

People are responsible for their own actions and must be held accountable be it on land or at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the fight there was a totall loss on control by the security who seemed more concearned to stop anyone filming

In that snippet most security were trying to deal with the troublemakers.

It was mostly the non-security crew members who were just trying to cool down the rubberneckers, which is what you'd expect them to do.

Neither cruise line stops that sort of crowd.

Lots of drunkards on last weekend's RCL cruise... any wonder offering drinks packages on a 3 nighter?

I'm thinking of using the money for that cruise towards one going from Barcelona in September 2019. At least if they are swearing in Spanish or Italian I won't understand them.

If the group had been causing so many issues then they should have been kicked off the cruise at the first port of call & made to pay their own way home.

I'm sure there will be a full review by carnival & the staff involved will be dealt with privately.

People are responsible for their own actions and must be held accountable be it on land or at sea.

People speak up after the event, but it may have just been one issue for one person before then, and a case of he said, she said.

Not defending the troublemakers who got kicked off, but with due process you can't just kick someone off because of a single report or hearsay.

It was a very foolish person who video taped it with their mobile. Very foolish indeed. That is only asking for trouble and putting himself out as a target. Not only was he congesting an area where staff had to do their job to control a situation but he was also distracting the security crew who should have been on top of the unruly passengers. It is a wonder he was not detained by the crew for the distraction posed.

You cannot be serious!!!

I have no time for disruptive passengers and wonder why the cruise line did not nip this in the bud 3-4 days earlier when they allegedly knew the threats and disruption were occuring.

The only distraction to the crew was fear of being caught out kicking a person on the ground in the head and backside. That is not professional crowd control.

Hoping several others filmed the event so the whole truth comes out and not the weasel words from CCL.

I am in shock & horror after this Fracus. I have been on 15 Carnival cruises & have worked in the pub/club industry in the past!! I normally cruise Carnival cause the worst thing is generally a couple of kids pressing buttons on Elevators & running in hallways by them. The only time I have seen security get involved with any-thing was on a Melbourne Cup cruise first night a drunk guy. They are "fun & friendly".

I have been gloating that no Nora-viras (gastro) or Fracus fighting has happen to my cruise line until last night. I'm in shock; i speak to these security guards before there shifts while training in The Gym on board & they said it's really good here compared to the short tempered, booze fuelled cruise they have in The USA..

I even spoke to them about my 2 cruises with RCL; where i saw a passenger go through a Gaming vending Machine with 2 male drunks & a broken arm incendent in a bar also. Telling them the family feel makes it feel safe.

I have a cruise next month On "the legend" the last one out of Melbourne. (they have only been cruiseing out & back to Melbourne for the last few week's) coming back to Sydney & in June on The Spirit..

I hope this is just a one of incedent!!!

People speak up after the event, but it may have just been one issue for one person before then, and a case of he said, she said.

Not defending the troublemakers who got kicked off, but with due process you can't just kick someone off because of a single report or hearsay.

The ships own spokesperson on Ch 7 news said they had received many complaints each day including from the medical team who had to stitch up skulls multiple days in a row. She said it was "unprecedented for them to remove an entire family as a last resort". She also said they would be looking in to their own processes that let it escalate that far.

So it was definitely not a case of people just relaying it to the media after the fact. The various video clips are all from different days. Not one single event.

The other passengers seemed very “pleased” when this family was removed. Calling out their fond farewells from the balconies as the police boat took them away.

Carnival shouldn’t have arranged transportation for them once they had left the local police station.

If this makes it to court I hope large fines are issued. The whole removal of this family must have cost carnival & local policing resources a lot of money. Make them pay for it. It’s time people were held accountable for their actions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few passengers are on a Carnival chat page saying that some of this group were offloaded in Lifou. But the rest continued on with the crummy behaviour.

I feel bad for the passengers boarding today, their cruise is only 3 days yet will be cut even shorter thanks to the late arrival of the ship into Melbourne.

I note there are no passengers on board weighing in to this discussion. I wonder if any of them will have anything to say when the ship docks? Or have they been warned off?

I’m sure the media will be there to greet them & try and get more details.

I note there are no passengers on board weighing in to this discussion. I wonder if any of them will have anything to say when the ship docks? Or have they been warned off?

I know someone on there and they said it didn’t really effect their time at all except they are going to be late docking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe a country of origin/ culture thing? I have been on a few cruises, different lines and sailing from different countries, with passengers from all over & have never seen anything like this, not even close.

I don't know why a bus and apparently a flight was arranged for these arseholes. They should have been dropped of just outside of Bega & left to fend for themselves. Maybe they will get a bill for the costs ie bus, flights, fuel for deviation etc?

Yeah, something certainly doesn't add up, I would expect a charge of some type to be heading their way.

I know someone on there and they said it didn’t really effect their time at all except they are going to be late docking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is generally the case with a lot of incidents on a ship, unless they are there to witness some of it, most passengers are unaware that anything occurred until they are kicked off or other people or the media tell them. Just like us here on the boards. I have been on ships and heard of incidents and most times I would have been oblivious to any of it.

This is generally the case with a lot of incidents on a ship, unless they are there to witness some of it, most passengers are unaware that anything occurred until they are kicked off or other people or the media tell them. Just like us here on the boards. I have been on ships and heard of incidents and most times I would have been oblivious to any of it.

If you want to know what is happening on your cruise got to the pool bar. That's where the gossiping nellies hang out drinking their VBs.....

There have been media reports of comments from passengers on-board, including here:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/family-member-claims-cruise-ship-brawl-was-all-over-a-thong/ar-BBJbnr3?ocid=spartanntp

I heard on radio that many people were calling media from on-board when they were stopped for the off-load at Eden.

What would warning off do? Once the reach Melb this morning the passengers will be free

Australians take more cruises per capita than any other nationality. This means that the cruise lines have lowered the price and tailored the product so that feral bogans now see cruising as something desirable.

It doesn’t really matter if they end brawling or assaulting people, the freaks are just nasty to be around, as they tend to be noisy and obnoxious.

That’s why I never sail on mass market cruise ships.