Carnival Legend Bloodbath Brawl - more bad media coverage for cruising

kazbar

So it was more than one family, but they seem to be all friends with each other. You know I'm starting to wonder if they didn't instigate this whole thing as a compensation scam:confused:. The way they keep going on about their injuries, how badly they were treated, how carefully they have documented all their injuries and the insistance to talk to their lawyer...I don't know if it is the conspiracy theorist in me but it does seem almost planned:o

So it was more than one family, but they seem to be all friends with each other. You know I'm starting to wonder if they didn't instigate this whole thing as a compensation scam:confused:. The way they keep going on about their injuries, how badly they were treated, how carefully they have documented all their injuries and the insistance to talk to their lawyer...I don't know if it is the conspiracy theorist in me but it does seem almost planned:o

Pretty sure Carnival will have a lot of CCTV footage of earlier incidents leading up to the final brawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't believe it was planned as such but more the documentation of their injuries and their "victim" attitude was a way of protecting themselves if the real victims decided to take it further.

The issue on carnival was the video evidence of the "security guards" kicking the big guy on the ground. Their staffs handling of the events may mean that to avoid negative publicity that they may choose the settle out of court with a cheque to cover the "families" medical & emotional trauma.

Thank you for making me appreciate that my budget only allows for me to cruise the lower class lines like royal!

If that’s how cashed up bogans behave I’d rather stick with the hard working bogans

Hey Esilef,

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but thought I would reply to your comment on page 2.

I have cruised with RCI and once with Carnival. My travel agent suggested I dont go with Carnival and I went ahead and booked it myself.

While I never witnessed this drunken behaviour and had a great cruise with Carnival, I also made a decision after that cruise that I will not cruise with Carnival again, and if I could not cruise with another line, then I would rather do a land holiday.

Thats just me though. I personally felt that the cruise was much more "upmarket" on RCI, even though most of my RCI cruises have been over Christmas and New Years, with lots of kids and lots of alcohol.

The Nanfaro family has also been named. Don't leave that out if you are naming others!

A cousin by marriage. George Barkho was a friend. He was first named though as his father made himself known (father was not on the cruise though). The three were all named in an article though. Michael Zakhour is the one that most people seemed to be interested in and were wanting to know his name as he is the one that featured fighting security in two separate incidents as well as also giving ‘the finger’ when he was leaving the cruise with his father. He was probably featured the most in our local media.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey Esilef,

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but thought I would reply to your comment on page 2.

I have cruised with RCI and once with Carnival. My travel agent suggested I dont go with Carnival and I went ahead and booked it myself.

While I never witnessed this drunken behaviour and had a great cruise with Carnival, I also made a decision after that cruise that I will not cruise with Carnival again, and if I could not cruise with another line, then I would rather do a land holiday.

Thats just me though. I personally felt that the cruise was much more "upmarket" on RCI, even though most of my RCI cruises have been over Christmas and New Years, with lots of kids and lots of alcohol.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to decide if I cancel my carnival cruise or not. A lot depends on if we go to Spain in September 2019

Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions, however, as others have said....most people on Carnival Legend wouldn't have know there was anything going on. I daresay, if the same thing happened again, Carnival or Princess or RCI or HAL would turf the offenders off a lot quicker now. In all my cruises..on many different Lines, including Carnival...there has never been anything nasty. It is a very rare incident. It could happen on a bus, in a plane or in a bar in Santorini. The only way to totally remove yourself from anything awkward would be to lock yourself in your home. Where's the fun and adventure in that?

Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions, however, as others have said....most people on Carnival Legend wouldn't have know there was anything going on. I daresay, if the same thing happened again, Carnival or Princess or RCI or HAL would turf the offenders off a lot quicker now. In all my cruises..on many different Lines, including Carnival...there has never been anything nasty. It is a very rare incident. It could happen on a bus, in a plane or in a bar in Santorini. The only way to totally remove yourself from anything awkward would be to lock yourself in your home. Where's the fun and adventure in that?

I've never had a problem on my Carnival cruises either, the staff were amazing and I had a great time. I have nothing to compare it to though (yet!) - but I had never even considered cruising before, and then I won my first cruise from Carnival, so I have a bit of love for them!

I too think (& hope) they'll learn from this, and remove troublesome passengers earlier.

I read that the incident took place around 1am so I'm thinking the vast majority would have been sound asleep. But the detour to Eden would have affected the whole ship though in context it was only a few hours delay so unless you had a tight connection with a flight it shouldn't have been that big a deal.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to decide if I cancel my carnival cruise or not. A lot depends on if we go to Spain in September 2019

Don't cancel because of this incident. Realistically this is an anomaly. Very few cruises end in brawls and to be fair there is no way to stop @$$holes booking any cruise on any line.;p

I read that the incident took place around 1am so I'm thinking the vast majority would have been sound asleep. But the detour to Eden would have affected the whole ship though in context it was only a few hours delay so unless you had a tight connection with a flight it shouldn't have been that big a deal.

That was my thoughts as well.

As for the compensation (that some thought was inadequate), If it had been a Medical evacuation to Eden then there would have been nothing for anyone.

Don't cancel because of this incident. Realistically this is an anomaly. Very few cruises end in brawls and to be fair there is no way to stop @$$holes booking any cruise on any line.;p

Agree, sound advice. Yobbos can turn up anywhere.:evilsmile:

For me it’s more the idea of putting the cash away towards Spain & a Mediterranean cruise, plus I’ve done the island on several occasions.

For me it’s more the idea of putting the cash away towards Spain & a Mediterranean cruise, plus I’ve done the island on several occasions.

In that case I would definitely save up for Spain and the Mediterranean. I drove aound Spain and south France and they are amazing (though personally I preferred Spain a little bit more to south France). If you have already visited a few times try the new destination. It might be more effort but it will be worth it for a new experience:D

In that case I would definitely save up for Spain and the Mediterranean. I drove aound Spain and south France and they are amazing (though personally I preferred Spain a little bit more to south France). If you have already visited a few times try the new destination. It might be more effort but it will be worth it for a new experience:D

Thanks for the advice. [emoji4]

http://expressdigest.com/michael-zakhour-at-centre-of-carnival-legend-cruise-brawl/

Interesting! He's really pumping the media attention. Is he playing for sympathy? If so, it didn't work IMHO. He just comes over as complete ratbag (I thought I'd better be "polite").

He's trying to turn over his blame and actions onto the cruise ship staff.

No the staff should not have acted in the way they did but if he had been behaving properly in the first place then they would have no reason to single him out.

The photos of him online speak differently to his PR words