MIA no transfer from ship to airport

Marusia

Just found out that RCCL will not allow me book a transfer from the ship (which will be docked in the Miami port) to the MIA airport because my flight is at 1:22pm.

We were originally book for a 11:15am flight - then the airline changed it to 1:22pm.

I was told by RCCL to check with the RCCL representative when I arrive a the airport prior to our cruise, to see if we can book return transfers, from ship to airport.

What kind of customer service is that?

They make a a lot of money off of these transfers.

Why would they care what time your flight was?

RCCL just keeps making it harder and harder to do business with them.

A taxi would be faster and less expensive for a party of two. I believe the taxi charge is a flat rate of around $27.

I agree Taxi cheapest, but why would the cruiseline not do a transfer, and why could the OP just book the transfer in the cruise planner? Something seems just wrong.

JC

Yes it would - I prefer to have all our arrangements made ahead of time. If there are a lot of people in port it can get hectic to get a cab sometimes.

I am not allowed to take an Uber or Lyft or any of those type of car services.

Yes it would - I prefer to have all our arrangements made ahead of time. If there are a lot of people in port it can get hectic to get a cab sometimes.

Not allowed?

Have you looked at the cruise planner on the RCI web page? Usually an airport transfer is simple to book under shore excursions tab.

I can’t imagine not being allowed to use a car service. Who would control what you are allowed to do?

JC

I agree Taxi cheapest, but why would the cruiseline not do a transfer, and why could the OP just book the transfer in the cruise planner? Something seems just wrong.

JC

Who knows, it's Royal Caribbean.:rolleyes:

JC

Agreed, I think some facts are missing. Maybe they are sold out.

Aren't there other transfer companies that you can book in advance? The last time I came into Miami we didn't have anything booked and just hooked up with a vendor on the curb. Although, i am pretty sure you are not supposed to do that. I think those services are supposed to be booked in advance and not solicited at the terminal. But it worked out for us. I am sure there are other options you can book in advance for less money.

With a flight that late you can sleep in, enjoy one last breakfast in the MDR, and be among the last to leave the ship. There will be a line of taxis waiting and the ride to MIA from POM takes about 15 or so minutes. You'll be at the airport, checked in with time for lunch before your flight. :cool:

Most questions here are about those trying to make an impossibly early flight -- you can relax.

Have a great cruise! :D

Just found out that RCCL will not allow me book a transfer from the ship (which will be docked in the Miami port) to the MIA airport because my flight is at 1:22pm.

We were originally book for a 11:15am flight - then the airline changed it to 1:22pm.

I was told by RCCL to check with the RCCL representative when I arrive a the airport prior to our cruise, to see if we can book return transfers, from ship to airport.

What kind of customer service is that?

They make a a lot of money off of these transfers.

Why would they care what time your flight was?

RCCL just keeps making it harder and harder to do business with them.

Do you still have the 11:15 time in your online check-in? That's the logical explanation. That time is too early for the RC transfer. If you did not go in and change it when your airline changed the time, RC doesn't know that.

Do you still have the 11:15 time in your online check-in? That's the logical explanation. That time is too early for the RC transfer. If you did not go in and change it when your airline changed the time, RC doesn't know that.

Now that makes sense. At last.:halo:

JC

Now that makes sense. At last.:halo:

JC

I do not have the original departure time still in my profile.

According to RCCL they only offer transfers for flights between 11:00am - 1:00pm from the port of Miami to the MIA airport.

The purpose of this post was to inform readers of this policy change.

We have made other arrangements.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

According to RCCL they only offer transfers for flights between 11:00am - 1:00pm from the port of Miami to the MIA airport.

And that makes no sense.

Believe me, they do not care how long you have to wait at the airport for your flight.

They have an "earliest" time, but they have never had a "latest" time.

I repeat: They don't care that you may be sitting around the airport for hours.

I am glad that you have made arrangements, but for anyone else: Just book on board, if you really want to use RC's transfers. (although I don't know why anyone would)

Technically, you could put in any flight time when you check in if you really wanted to book the cruise line's transportation.

I agree though, a cab is much faster. There is no way I will ever use the ship's transportation if the airport is very close. It's a pain to wait for the bus to fill up before they head for the airport. It could take an hour. By that time, you could arrive at the airport, check your bags, go through security, and be sipping your hot coffee at your gate.

Agree that they do not care how long you sit at the gate. Go to the cruise planner book the transfer and do not talk to anyone in customer service. Or wait til you get on the ship and book the transfer. This truly is the simplest thing. Or save some money and time and take a cab.

The cruise line has not decided that anyone flying at 1:12 or 1:22PM does not deserve or get an option to pay for an over priced transfer. Trust me they like your money and have no regard for how long you sit at the gate waiting for your flight.

Just sayin.

JC

Probably 95% of those going to the airport take a taxi. Never had to wait long to get one. You'd rather sit on a bus?