Why no perks on repositioning cruises?

Fozwald

I don’t think that they could stock enough booze to last all of the sea days without any ports in between to restock and people would start to mutiny.

The other is most are of senior age and on meds that shouldn’t be taken with alcohol. Don’t need to tempt those with something that they paid for and can’t or shouldn’t use.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The other is most are of senior age and on meds that shouldn’t be taken with alcohol. Don’t need to tempt those with something that they paid for and can’t or shouldn’t use.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That's pretty insulting. And I'm not of "senior age"!

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Is that why they also only serve healthy food, with no desserts, and make an hour in the gym every day mandatory for all passengers on repositioners? That must be the reason we’ve done so many! ;)

I'm not sure it's because "there are too many sea days". I'm doing the April 21st Summit repo which has 3 sea days - no perks offered. Yet, every year I do the Summit 7 day Bermuda cruise which also has 3 sea days and perks are always offered. So, not quite sure it's because of the amount of sea days. That said, on the April 21 repo cruise an inside cabin is selling for $349 per person. At that price, you should be able to afford to buy the drinks package! :)

It's interesting that Celebrity, who regularly offers drink perks does not on repositioning cruises, while Norwegian does. At comparable prices, too.

Correct, but Celebrity includes the drink gratuities in their packages, whereas Norwegian passes them off to the customer. We priced out a Transatlantic this Spring on NCL and the added cost to the "free" drink package was another $500 (for two) over and above the fare. NCL adds a 20% gratuity per person per day to their drink package price of $89 per person per day. For a 14 day Transatlantic, this amounts to an additional $504.

It's interesting that Celebrity, who regularly offers drink perks does not on repositioning cruises, while Norwegian does. At comparable prices, too.

Occasionally Celebrity U.K. offer a drinks package as a late booking incentive.

I booked Infinity TA in June 2012 for October 2013 Sailing.

In January 2013, a free beverage package was offered at +£556 for the same cabin.

Later in February, the included drinks package was £95 p.p. so I than cancelled and re booked at ‘today’s prices.’ It did mean we lost our OBC perk of $150 per cabin.

They are available on our vanvouver to Hawaii repo in september, but then again that cruise is not cheap like TA's

It's not bad though. We've done it twice with drinks in a hump cabin. Paid $1,499 & $1,699 each. Infinity wants over $2,000 for their TAs next year with no perks

Not all repositioning cruises are lower cost. We are on one that has 7 of the 15 days at sea. AQ is $3619, balconies $3199. These prices have remained for the 2 years since we booked except for one small dip about 10 months ago. We got $100 OBC for booking on board.

I'm not sure it's because "there are too many sea days". I'm doing the April 21st Summit repo which has 3 sea days - no perks offered. Yet, every year I do the Summit 7 day Bermuda cruise which also has 3 sea days and perks are always offered. So, not quite sure it's because of the amount of sea days. That said, on the April 21 repo cruise an inside cabin is selling for $349 per person. At that price, you should be able to afford to buy the drinks package! :)

No kidding! We’re on this cruise too. The beverage package is more than the cost of the whole cruise! Killing me with these new prices, because of course we didn’t get those rates!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just booked for 4/21 repo too. the drink package is more then what we are paying for the cruise...lol

As I understand what I have read before, they put the lowest possible fares so as not to move the ship empty and be able to recover something, these cruises are not lucrative. Nothing is free rise the price and give a free perk

I think that has been the practice and a good explanation but it seems that the price of these repositioning cruises has really increased over the past couple of years as they are very popular. Look at the prices for the future TA cruises later this year and next year. Maybe they should add the perks to them too now that they have premium prices!