How do you know the port or dock?

Bobstam

As stated above for individual islands' ports.

In case you're asking about which docks/berths for embarkation ports, the links for PortMiami and Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) are:

PortMiami

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/SSRSReportDock.aspx

Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale)

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

I've not checked other ports as we always sail out of either Port Everglades or PortMiami but I'd think the vessel schedules for other ports would be available also.

Edited by Florida Paesano
additional info

Often I google this to try to find the port of call.

Other times I could ask on the Cruise Line Boards for those who have been there before.

Sometimes we just won't know until the last minute in terms of which dock is being used.

Some places only have tendering.

Keith

Thanks for the google idea. As I said earlier in my post about St Thomas having 2 docks that we have been too, just trying to decide what our options might be when we get off the ship if we choose not to buy an excursion. Just wanted to be more informed abut the areas that we have never visited. I thought that was what this site was all about, sharing information. I have seen where someone could even know how many ships would be in port at a particular stop, I will google that.

St. Thomas is the exception to the rule, and I agree with you, it does make a difference which dock you're at. If you're down at the industrial port, not as many options. You have to take a shuttle or taxi to the main part of town. Just ignore the posts that aren't applicable to your situation. If you're going to continue to post to CC, you have to develop a tough skin.

Roz

In St.Thomas, Royal Caribbean has a contract to dock it's ships at Crown 'Bay. That means Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships dock at Crown Bay. A few years ago, Holland America was docking there rather than at Havensite. Havensite is the preferred place to dock in St. Thomas as it is within walking distance of town.

Thank you Roz, I do need a thicker skin as I am a sunshine always happy kind of girl! LOL I never used cc on Carnival sites but did with NCL, same type of thing there, I do appreciate you more as less validated why I had asked the question in the first place.

If you want to know where you ship will dock in St. Thomas, google VI now. It sort of functions as a travel site so CC invalidates a link...But the calendar will tell you Crown Bay or Havensight. If you want to know who will be in port with you, try http://www.cruisetimetables.com and choose your port. Also go to cruisecal.com. It's a pay sight, but in the menu bar you can click on Itinerary Lookup and find what you want to know for free. EM