Back from Allure (Feb. 18-25) Upgraded to Star Class!

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to be the recipient of an upgrade. Here is what happened.

I had booked a family oceanview cabin last fall for my husband and myself and my daughter and 6 yr. old granddaughter. About 3 weeks before our cruise I noticed that an owner's suite became available, so my husband and I decided to spluge and just go for it. YOLO! :) This was to be our first suite experience, so we were all very excited. When we got outside our room, we were cheesing it up and taking selfies of all of us pushing our doorbell. All of a sudden the door opened and there was someone in our cabin! I was so stunned that I just babbled something about her being in "our" cabin. She assured us it was "her" cabin, so I showed her our SetSail pass showing it was also our cabin. We just stood there, shocked, until she closed the door. I headed directly to guest relations with a crying granddaughter (she thought they were going to send us home) to see what was going on. It was President's Week and a sold-out cruise, so I've got to admit I was very nervous. After some fast typing on her computer, the agent said we were going to be very happy because we'd been upgraded. Not just any upgrade...to a Sky (Star) Loft Suite on deck 17 complete with a genie and all that comes with that!! All that I can say is that I have never, ever had such an epic surprise...it was truly the experience of a lifetime! For anyone considering Star Class, do NOT hesitate. Our genie, Susan, was amazing. The poor girl got stuck with us at the last minute and after walking us to our massive suite and telling us all that was included, had us booked at a different specialty restaurant every night, knew our likes and dislikes etc. Everyone made it a trip of our lifetime that we will never forget. I can't thank Royal Caribbean enough for this once in a lifetime experience. I'm so spoiled now, that I seriously may have to consider traveling this way from now on. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I could go on and on and on....

Had you already been upgraded or did they upgrade you after they realized they had double-booked the OS ? If you had already been upgraded I find it interesting that they did not notify you of that when you checked in !!

At any rate, congratulations. Star Class is totally wonderful and I know what you mean about never wanting to cruise any other way again !!

Congrats! I was once upgraded and the check-in agent did not say a word to me about it. While I was sitting, waiting to board, I noticed the SeaPass had a different room number on it and I had to go inquire at guest services about the deck. This is even more interesting for ships that don't give you your Sea Pass before you board.

Had you already been upgraded or did they upgrade you after they realized they had double-booked the OS ? If you had already been upgraded I find it interesting that they did not notify you of that when you checked in !!

At any rate, congratulations. Star Class is totally wonderful and I know what you mean about never wanting to cruise any other way again !!

We actually ran into the woman who was in our room at Oceanaria show a few hours after the ship sailed! I told her we must've been doubled booked and she said she didn't think so. She had received notice that she'd been upgraded from a Jr. Suite to our Owner's Suite before she boarded. I'm assuming they upgraded us the morning of our departure, because I had checked the website the day before our departure and it hadn't been changed. Guest Services thought they had sent me notification and our Genie had been told that no one would be in the Sky Loft Suite for the week. We just got super lucky.

We actually ran into the woman who was in our room at Oceanaria show a few hours after the ship sailed! I told her we must've been doubled booked and she said she didn't think so. She had received notice that she'd been upgraded from a Jr. Suite to our Owner's Suite before she boarded. I'm assuming they upgraded us the morning of our departure, because I had checked the website the day before our departure and it hadn't been changed. Guest Services thought they had sent me notification and our Genie had been told that no one would be in the Sky Loft Suite for the week. We just got super lucky.

Super lucky is right.:D Did you have 1718 or 1720?

We had 1720. The balcony was amazing!!

It’s a great cabin, even pre Star Class. We have stayed in it for all but 2 of our Allure cruises. We love the aft balcony with the view over the sports deck. It’s great for people watching.