Flight changed by AA

bigblue1952

We got notice today of AA changing flight from 2 PM to 10:55 AM leaving New Orleans. Will we be able to disembark the Breakaway in time to make this flight?

That will be a tight one but can be done. You should probably consider the earlier disembark time or perhaps that walk off if you don’t have too much luggage.

I’m from New Orleans. Traffic should be minimal during that time since it’s a Saturday or Sunday (don’t know the date) and I would allow at least 20 minutes for the drive to the airport.

off boat by 8:30, luggage collected and through customs by 9:30, to the airport by 10:00 should be set. That might be stressful for some. Just depends on your comfort level with travel and airports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got notice today of AA changing flight from 2 PM to 10:55 AM leaving New Orleans. Will we be able to disembark the Breakaway in time to make this flight?

Yes, you should be able to make that new flight time. We typically book flights in the 11am to 1pm range and have never had a problem making a flight in the earlier portion of that window. As mentioned above, the New Orleans airport is a quick trip from the port. Doing first walk off and having TSA Pre-Check will all help.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and AA changed our flights for September. But they are actually better and yes AA does this frequently. Hopefully they won’t change ours again for September. Call AA if you are not happy with the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, AA is the worst for making changes from our experience. Don't be surprised if you see another change.

Usually when they make a change for us it then creates issue for connection no longer doable but at least in your case the moved the first flight up unless you don't have a connection.

Call them. United did the same to me for my flight from Seattle to Newark. They gave me some other options and changed it no charge.

Agreed and seconded, AA did this for my flight to Miami from Hartford at the end of my trip. I was supposed to leave at 3pm, connect through Charlotte, and arrive in Hartford around 8pm, they moved me to a flight that didn't depart until 7pm. I looked on the website and I found they actually still had nearly the identical flight itinerary they had moved me off of. I called, was polite, and the lady moved me back to the original itinerary (new flight #s) with no change fee.

I'd suggest doing your research before you call and be able to provide specific flight numbers you'd like to be changed to that more closely resemble your itinerary. My experience was they can search flight numbers a lot more easily than they can times of day.

Delta has changed mine at least four times now. Last time it created a 4+ hour layover in Atlanta - not acceptable when there are literally a dozen flights. Called them on it and got to pick the flight I wanted. We now arrive in NOLA at 9:05AM which gives a full day to not be at the airport.

It will be tight. As a schedule change, AA will allow you to change to any other similar itinerary for free. Consider a later flight if it is available.

If alternate flights are not available, get up early and do self walk off. Be in line at least 1 hour before the advertised self walk off time (it will start earlier than advertised). Remember, 4000 of your neeest friends will have the same idea.

We are 100K Exec Platinum fliers on AA. Their rate of schedule changes is not as bad as other airlines.

This has happened to me numerous times. I suggest going online and picking the flights you would be happiest with and then call them. Since it more than a 2 hour difference in flights they will change it for you free of charge (at least that was the rule the last time I called).

With it INTERNATIONAL. many of the above "claims" don't apply. You are best with a 2 hour window at the airport. So would be recommended to be at the airport at 9am. leave the port by 8:30a. With self debark the recommended option. Not much of a leeway, if delays.

Not directly related to the original question but I booked a flight on American just yesterday to find this morning that it had changed significantly. I called and the agent said that American had a huge schedule change for their domestic flights overnight so if you have reservations on a future American Airlines flight you might want to check your reservation. My particular schedule change didn't leave many options because the flight schedule was reduced and flights are full now. This is for early June.

After reading your post I went in and checked on my flights for October...sure enough leaving Phoenix changed. Wouldn't surprise me at all if my flight changed again before my October cruise.

Good luck with your flights....seems like walk off is your best bet.

Thank you for all the replies. I will call them tomorrow as I don't want to risk it.

good move: if all were to go perfect you would probably ve ok, but one thing goes wrong and you would not make your flight. Just the walk through the terminal in New Orleans takes a bit of time.