Hotel question Port Everglades

rlkubi

You do realize that you are considering one tony beachfront resort (Ocean Manor) in an upscale neighborhood but a good distance away from the port, versus two relatively spartan walk-up motels in the old Spring Break zone. The Snooze in particular offers the gamut from kitchen apartments to dorm accommodations; if you just want the standard pre-cruise hotel room I would definitely look elsewhere than the latter two.

I have read Trip Advisor and CC and still unsure. We don't want to spend over $300 a night for a hotel and hotels in January in FLL are pricey. All the ones I mentioned are in the top 40 on Trip Advisor. All have issues as does others.

I assume your cruise is departing from Port Everglades and you are flying into Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport? If this is correct, have you considered the hotels on/adjacent to Griffin Road?

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port

4801 Anglers Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

or

Fairfield Inn

2081 Griffin Road Fort Lauderdale 33312

or

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruiseport

400 Gulf Stream Way Dania Beach, Florida 33004

or

Homewood Suites

2061 Griffin Road Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

I mention these hotels because they are relatively new. Fairfield and Homewood were built about 6 or so years ago. Residence Inn is about 3 years old. Courtyard has been there for quite a few years. But they are all only a mile form Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport.

They are not on the beach, but they all have pools (if that is a consideration). And all within a block walking distance of fast food (Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts) and gas station convenience stores, and about a mile or so down Griffin Road from a Publix Supermarket. They are also a short Uber or taxi ride (3 miles or so depending on which port entrance you use) to Port Everglades.

• 6 months later...

Ok only rating these hotels you mentioned I would go for Snooze! The name is tacky but our concierge association was invited to tour it and I found it charming and CLEAN< CLEAN! They updated most rooms and if you can get one over looking ocean front it is lovely! For one night I would not hesitate to stay there and be part of beach hustle and bustle. In January there will be no Spring Breakers.

Our Favorite is Hyatt Place (Fort Lauderdale) right next to the Harbor Shopping center...great location and a quick, cheap taxi ride to Port Everglades. For best rates check out:

www.valuetrips.com

Your rate for that time frame should be $153.00 (not including taxes) per night.

Our Favorite is Hyatt Place (Fort Lauderdale) right next to the Harbor Shopping center...great location and a quick, cheap taxi ride to Port Everglades. For best rates check out:

www.valuetrips.com

Your rate for that time frame should be $153.00 (not including taxes) per night.

This doesn't work if your cruise is in 2019. I just tried it and I can't reserve a room in January. :(

This doesn't work if your cruise is in 2019. I just tried it and I can't reserve a room in January. :(

Their 2019 dates for reservations usually open up by Sept-Oct (past years experience).....Be patient..it'll be worth it to you.

When we've stayed in Fort Lauderdale during peak times--when the 17th Street hotels we normally use are all over $200 a night--I've found it cheaper to rent a car and stay in the Plantation area. When we did it last year before a cruise, we drove over to take one of the airboat rides in the Everglades and also went to Sawgrass Mills.

I am hoping to book with valuetrips but if that doesn't work out we are interested in Plantation. How would we access the water taxi from Plantation and can anyone give me an idea of taxi or Uber/Lyft charges from FLL to hotel and from hotel to cruise port?

Also wondering which is the better option:Dania Beach or Plantation, especially if we want to spend our afternoon on the water taxi. Years ago we stayed in Dania Beach but I don't think there was much nearby in terms of restaurants or shopping.

Thanks in advance!

uote=geoherb;57183006]When we've stayed in Fort Lauderdale during peak times--when the 17th Street hotels we normally use are all over $200 a night--I've found it cheaper to rent a car and stay in the Plantation area. When we did it last year before a cruise, we drove over to take one of the airboat rides in the Everglades and also went to Sawgrass Mills.

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port

4801 Anglers Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 is our choose for precruise stay due the easy and cheep transport via trirail train from Miami International airport, 400 m from train station FLL airport and with shuttle to the port.