Princess OM — No compensation for their failure.

Cruzer1001

One universal fix when told no by a Princess Rep is to say goodby, hangup and call again getting another rep. My last cruise on the Regal took me 3 tries till I got my OBC for the ***** issues. The quality of their reps very widely.

Good Luck

framer

I think callers have discovered that Princess has given its Customer “Service” reps a script with no discretion. The two people I spoke with obviously had orders to say “No” and only “No”. Zero discussion and no justification, just “No”. You can tell that they have been given orders and those orders exclude service. My TA asked and I called twice. No discussion and no explanation as to why previous sailings, labeled Previews were compensated but nothing for Vacation cruises.

Call all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One universal fix when told no by a Princess Rep is to say goodby, hangup and call again getting another rep. My last cruise on the Regal took me 3 tries till I got my OBC for the ***** issues. The quality of their reps very widely.

Good Luck

framer

LOL you do know, they log every call received under your acct.....probably just got tired of you calling.....;p

But, you are correct some reps are far superior to others....

Well, Our cruise doesn't offer ***** - and frankly I don't care. However, if I had paid for a cruise that featured ***** Vacations and was then told "Sorry" but "No". I would speak with my wallet and would make damned sure that I went with another cruise line next time.

Unfortunately, too many here look at Princess and think anything they do is fine. Me? I'm the exact opposite.

To me - they are nothing more than yet another corporate entity in a sea of cruise lines.

To be honest, I didn't think that we would receive any compensation for our two upcoming cruises that are marked "ocean medallion", because Princess e-mailed us a "fair warning" letter back in December, advising that the medallion probably would not be available on the Regal for Oct. 2018 and the Island for Nov. 2018.

But - Princess tries to have it both ways. They want to advertise those cruise as ocean medallion vacations, then advise passengers that the medallion system probably won't be available. I don't see how they can have their cake and eat it too, so to speak. Don't entice the pax to sign up in hopes of the medallion, then issue a warning that there probably won't be medallion. That doesn't make any sense to me.

( This doesn't ruin our vacation in the slightest, because we got a good deal on the " 3 for Free", sale, and we are indifferent to the medallion. We're just checking to see if Princess tells us the same as they told the OP on this thread. But -- Princess needs to choose which way they are going to market these cruises, as it seems to confuse travelers). JMO -- EBC

It seems as though people on CC seem to think that every little problem deserves lots of OBC. I believe the old term for people like this is gold diggers.

When something is important enough for Princess to splash it across the top of the information it would seem that they do not consider it to be a “little” thing, and the term for people who don’t care about being lied to or getting what they paid for has always been: suckers.

A brilliant marketing plan that took a gadget (the *****) primarily intended to help the cruise line track the habits of their passengers (and market accordingly)..and convinced passengers that this was like the 2nd coming on cruise ships. Go figure.

Part of the marketing was a contest where the prize was a free cruise on the first Medallion sailing last fall.

I wonder what the winning couple experienced on that cruise.

Sorry, outside the US dates are shown YY/MM/DD so that computers can easily sort them. The date is April 15th 2018, a little more than five weeks from now. The note from Princess simply states that a “corporate decision” was made to not compensate Ocean Medallion Vacation passengers in spite of their compensating Ocean Medallion Preview passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the same Transatlantic. We were "compensated." And, no, the sequencing of the date has nothing to do with "computers can easily sort them." Sorry.

I guess we were lucky to get a little bit of OBC for our cruise last month on the Regal. I did not book it until late December. So the December 1 cutoff date was obviously not a firm one.

As far as losing money, Princess did not really lose anything by giving us this OBC. We used up all of our OBC going on the Ultimate Ship's Tour--the goodwill credit for not having *****, my shareholder credit, our loyal credit, our FCD credit, and the credit from our TA.

I Booked this cruise a year ago and called several times about on broad credit that was being given to some. My problem with this whole things is you do not give some compensation out to a few and not to others if cut off was when you booked that does not seem the case for me.

Just my two cents, but why do some people feel it is an inalienable right to be compensated for every little thing that doesn't go according to Hoyle.....:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Bob

A few years ago we booked a Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Pedro. We packed for warm, humid weather. We departed San Pedro and after clearing the harbor we had dinner and went to bed. We woke up to find we were now on a California Coastal cruise in winter! The change was due to weather, but no advance warning and absolutely no compensation for the itinerary change. Most of the stops were cold and foggy, so not a lot of interest in getting off the ship. My point is the contract clearly states Princess reserves the right to make such changes, including the low speed roll-out of the ***** program. The fact they compensated some customers and not you is sad, but not a contractural guarantee.

A few years ago we booked a Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Pedro. We packed for warm, humid weather. We departed San Pedro and after clearing the harbor we had dinner and went to bed. We woke up to find we were now on a California Coastal cruise in winter! The change was due to weather, but no advance warning and absolutely no compensation for the itinerary change. Most of the stops were cold and foggy, so not a lot of interest in getting off the ship. My point is the contract clearly states Princess reserves the right to make such changes, including the low speed roll-out of the ***** program. The fact they compensated some customers and not you is sad, but not a contractural guarantee.

The argument that it is not in the contract is very silly. The contract doesn't even guaranty a voyage.

The argument that it is not in the contract is very silly. The contract doesn't even guaranty a voyage.

Exactly my point; they could cancel the day of the cruise, refund your money and walk away.

Exactly my point; they could cancel the day of the cruise, refund your money and walk away.

Why would they need to refund your money? The contract is to protect Princess from you. It is not to protect you.

I believe a careful reading of the contract will suggest that depending on how it is done a refund is not required. That was my point, the consumer pays and it is entirely up to the cruise line if it delivers any semblance of what the consumer thought was paid for.

Edited by broberts

I guess we were lucky to get a little bit of OBC for our cruise last month on the Regal. I did not book it until late December. So the December 1 cutoff date was obviously not a firm one.

As far as losing money, Princess did not really lose anything by giving us this OBC. We used up all of our OBC going on the Ultimate Ship's Tour--the goodwill credit for not having *****, my shareholder credit, our loyal credit, our FCD credit, and the credit from our TA.

Well, really they did lose something. They give you OBC, let's say $50. You used it to purchase something, let's say something out of one of the shops for we'll say $25 and drinks that we'll say you spent $25 for. The item(s) you bought, we'll say cost them $10 and the booze in the drinks plus the mixers we'll say cost $5. The company "lost" the cost of the item bought ($10) and the cost of the items in the drinks ($5) for a total of $15. Everything was free to you but it cost the company $15. They might have gotten $15 or $25 or $50 worth of "goodwill" out of it, but strictly speaking they lost money on the deal. You came out ahead on the deal though, unless you count whatever you underwent that caused you to get the OBC, but only you know whether you came out ahead or behind on the deal. :)

Tom

I, too, am on the April 15th voyage. I called 3 times to note my disappointment and...nothing. My cruise was booked last August. I am a long time Princess cruiser and have had only good experiences up to this point, but this whole situation makes me wary of how they may behave in the future. It seems like for every voyage they have changed over to a preview, they waited until after final payment was due. However, for this voyage, I will try to focus on the positives and have a good time. I don’t want it to ruin my whole vacation!

So if you bought a car based in part on the promise that it had keyless entry, you would have no problem taking delivery of one that required use of a key without a price adjustment?

I really do not understand why someone should willing accept a broken written promise from a for profit corporation.

It wasn’t necessarily advertised as keyless entry as the medallion needs to be near the lock to access. A car is different. A car with a keyless start button, still needs the keys to be in your possession to start the car. But the car is a piece of hardware that you own. You do not get to keep the cruise ship in your back yard.

The Ocean Medallion was just supposed to a different method to access your stateroom or purchase items throughout the ship. You have not lost anything monetarily for using the cruise card instead of the medallion.

It wasn’t necessarily advertised as keyless entry as the medallion needs to be near the lock to access. A car is different. A car with a keyless start button, still needs the keys to be in your possession to start the car. But the car is a piece of hardware that you own. You do not get to keep the cruise ship in your back yard.

The Ocean Medallion was just supposed to a different method to access your stateroom or purchase items throughout the ship. You have not lost anything monetarily for using the cruise card instead of the medallion.

Forget the keyless entry on the car and think about satellite radio. The car company has been promoting satellite radio for a year or so, telling you it is fantastic and every add for the car has a banner splashed across it telling you how important it is. You buy the car and when you arrive at the dealership the car has no satellite radio. Do you just say, “That’a okay. I can listen to AM” or do you point out that the car is not what you were sold?

Forget the keyless entry on the car and think about satellite radio. The car company has been promoting satellite radio for a year or so, telling you it is fantastic and every add for the car has a banner splashed across it telling you how important it is. You buy the car and when you arrive at the dealership the car has no satellite radio. Do you just say, “That’a okay. I can listen to AM” or do you point out that the car is not what you were sold?

Without the Satellite radio there are many stations you could not listen to.

Without an ***** you can still:

a) get on and off of the ship

b) get into your cabin

c) Make purchases all over the ship

d) Order a drink at any bar

e) Be checked into the muster drill

About the only things you cannot do without an ***** are:

a) Locate someone else on the ship

b) Alert any bartender to your favorite drink preference without speaking

c) Order a drink in advance and have it brought to you wherever you will be

d) Alert a performer in the Princess Theater that you are watching the performance while in your cabin (Yes, this was one of the announced features).

And with a cruise card you can tell what dining option you have and, if traditional, the dining room name and the time assigned. You cannot do this looking at a Medallion.

When the Royal Princess was announced, part of the announcement was for two glass pianos to be near each other in the Atrium. As far as I know, nobody asked for or received any OBC when the ship was launched with only a single (non-glass) piano.

Meh, carry a card or carry a ***** no difference for me. I don't like jewelry so would wear an ***** on my wrist or necklace style.

I did try to get an OBC because it was cancelled for my sailing, they said no but it cost me nothing to ask.

There is such a thing as your word is your bond. I don’t care what the cruise contract says. If that was me, I would write them or call stating no compensation, no loyality to their brand anymore. There are plenty of other lines willing to take your $$$.

:halo:

There is such a thing as your word is your bond. I don’t care what the cruise contract says. If that was me, I would write them or call stating no compensation, no loyality to their brand anymore. There are plenty of other lines willing to take your $$$.

They have not broken their word....they are delivering the ***** product still but in a revised timeline....my god...I use to be able to get gelato with my coffee card on the Royal and Regal and now I cannot.....so they changed things....it is not end of the cruise or world for me.....:cool: