Entertainment Reports

takemewithyou

We board tomorrow and happy to feedback as we love doing the shows after dinner and enjoying music before dinner, so will happily oblige.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fingers crossed some early changes are filtering through - thanks for agreeing to keep us all updated

We are on the Quest now and after one night we are quite satisfied with the entertainement. First of all the Spirits is live and well as the members of the Sparkling Trio is in with piano, guitar or as a trio several times during the evening. Last nights show was very good in our opinion. Jennifer Dinoia did a one hour show with musicals and popular music. It was a very good and very entertaining show, and yes- I would love to see and hear more of her.

Breaking News: Shorts have been cancelled. They left the ship last week and will not return.

Tonight is Italian night with outdoor buffet in Amalfi. Italian tenor will be singing. I wonder. It could be magical and it could be... just over the top. We will see. So far, pleasantly surprised. We love the cruise and the entertainement.

>b3dd3cc87716c32c486125ca69fa4e2b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk7e97097c2d93e058d8c8954cc9c02d94.jpg2987eb0e97759590c2819b17db8a58e7.jpg

It sounds like guest response to the Shorts on Ships concept has been uniformly negative.

Kudos to Azamara for taking decisive action and responding to feedback. My impression from talking to Russ (CD) early on in the entertainment cycle was that Azamara was taking feedback very seriously.

I think the idea was interesting, but the writing and production was poor. I'm curious to see how Azamara plugs the hole in support as the actors doubled as entertainment staff during the day. Anyone want to volunteer to organise the trivia sessions?

I agree with Odd, what we saw last night was a vast improvement over our experience on Journey three weeks ago. And Ernest clearly has the makings of a good CD. He managed the Meet and Mingle well, although we didn’t stay to the end as we had another ‘event’ to attend.

It was also very satisfying to go to Prime C last night which still has the old furniture in.

Looking forward to the Opera on deck tonight, it’ll be an interesting comparison to the 54 Below opera we experienced on the Journey in the Cabaret Lounge

One more «Breaking News»

It might be old news to some, and it has nothing to do with entertainement. Just a short diversion from the thread. Fabio is no longer Head Chef. He has taken over as F&B Manager on Quest. Had a long talk with him and he is happy to have been given this oportunity. They are well stocked with Schweppes on board and maybe this is Fabio’s work[emoji56][emoji851]. Anyway. Just a diversion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must admit not having seen the previous effort from entertainment the only bit we recognised from last nights performance was the medley from Billy Joel sung bybJennifedcDinoia, which she synced and sang very well. The songs from Wicked we didnt know or any other of her show numbers, but she had a gorgeous voice and sang well. Her patter was awful!

Tonight is Opera Tenor David Righeschi which is planned for the pool deck, so looking forward to that.

Sparkling Duo/Trio are still the band on board and what we heard last night was fine.

Sparkling melodies with George was in Mosaics and tonight in Spirits. Has no patter but pleasant to listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great updates and Odd, we have heard David before you are in for a GREAT treat- and you’ve got the schhh as well, what a perfect combination

One more «Breaking News»

It might be old news to some, and it has nothing to do with entertainement. Just a short diversion from the thread. Fabio is no longer Head Chef. He has taken over as F&B Manager on Quest. Had a long talk with him and he is happy to have been given this oportunity. They are well stocked with Schweppes on board and maybe this is Fabio’s work[emoji56][emoji851]. Anyway. Just a diversion.

This is very good news for him. Nice to hear something positive. With Thomaz fromPoland now HD someone had to step up. I tend to have Iwan or Monica as ExEc chefs. So which Thomas or Thomaz is on which ship. I know Fred taking over for Heike as HD when she home. If you get more good news please tell us.

Thank you for the update on shows.hope Opera leaves next.

Just sitting on a sunbed listening to David the Opera singer on Quest. One word to describe this , excellent, streets ahead of our recent Opera experience from 54 Below on Journey. Enhanced by the view of Amalfi from the deck and the choice of popular Opera songs. A truly magical experience.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

I know some local shows can be a bit tedious but I can’t help thinking Azamara with their late and overnights in port are not missing a trick.

Surely employing local talent for entertainment would be much more in keeping with the Destination Immersion ethos. On Crystal in January the local shows brought onboard were much more enjoyable than the other cruise ships entertainment.

We have seen David the opera singer a number of times and always found him excellent. I know it’s not always going to be possible but there must be a lot of local artists who could provide more varied entertainment.

We will experience the entertainment changes on Journey in a couple of weeks time so will reserve judgment on current entertainment until then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that David the Opera singer is superb. I have seen him twice now and thoroughly enjoyed his shows on deck.

I seem to think that Russ has more local talent onboard when he is the CD. That's how I remember it anyway.

Thanks for the Daily Insiders photos . On looking them over noticed it did not show the Patio for dinner...just lunch . Is it no longer open for dinners ??

Oh I hope dinners on the patio are still possible. We ate there often when on the Quest in February. Although I do remember dinner on the Patio was available when not advertised in the Daily Insider. Perhaps someone will verify.

Pat:)

Just sitting on a sunbed listening to David the Opera singer on Quest. One word to describe this , excellent, streets ahead of our recent Opera experience from 54 Below on Journey. Enhanced by the view of Amalfi from the deck and the choice of popular Opera songs. A truly magical experience.

Isn’t he wonderful. We enjoyed him on deck in Monte Carlo. It was so funny the posh yachts were trying to ignore this lower class upstart in their marina then David started and the folks on the yacht opposite all came out to listen.

But you hit the nail on the head, popular opera. That’s the only thing that will work

Looking forward to hearing him in a couple of months. I like opera songs and with a nice setting...fantastic.

Ivi

One more «Breaking News»

That's great to hear. And he's Italian and gotta be good at singing opera. How is that for a link to make you on track? :D

Phil

Two thoughts:

1. As I understand it, Fabio is "stepping up" to fill in for Tomasz as F&B manager while Tomasz is "stepping up" to be Hotel Director while Philip vacations. Nathan is "stepping up" to serve as Executive Chef. This is similar to the way Ernest "steps up" from ACD to CD while Russ vacations.

2. The Patio was open for dinner every night except White Night from March 28 through April 27.

Two thoughts:

1. As I understand it, Fabio is "stepping up" to fill in for Tomasz as F&B manager while Tomasz is "stepping up" to be Hotel Director while Philip vacations. Nathan is "stepping up" to serve as Executive Chef. This is similar to the way Ernest "steps up" from ACD to CD while Russ vacations.

2. The Patio was open for dinner every night except White Night from March 28 through April 27.

Thanks Marinaro for the response regarding the Patio grill for dinner. We made use of it a fair bit this last cruise when wanting something a bit different and since my mobility makes buffets awkward this gives us another option. Sharon

Yes I agree Odd, David R was fabulous, standing ovations and great songs and audience inclusion. Also saw Sparkling Trio in Living Room and they had lots of people up dancing. British Invasion by DJ Marcio didn’t go down well till he mixed up the music then it was all go dancing till we left at 12 and beyond. Tomorrow is Taormina and we have the Captains Welcome Toast and Sasha’s My Piano World then Disco Fever with DJ Marcia. Also Brunch Day!