Azamara Pursuit

AllisonJames

I'm not sure how to read your comment here. My husband and I will always step away from the social aspect of large tables and have a quiet romantic dinner once or twice during the cruise. We love that we can mix it up over the course of the cruise and can have both highly social and fun dinners as well as intimate ones for two. We don't care how close the tables are - the fact that we are at one for two indicates we are not particularly interested in socializing during that time. I don't know what I'd do if someone insisted on interrupting our dinner.

Take it as intended.....a joke about the closeness of tables for two. That's the significance of the "hahaha" that followed. Lighten up a little.

Fair enough!!! Sorry I seemed a little brusk but on our last cruise we had a dinner companion who steered the conversation consistently in a highly uncomfortable political direction. Everyone at the large table kept trying to redirect. Unfortunately I was seated next to her and when my husband and I tried to excuse ourselves she actually grabbed my arm and said she wasn't done! The extrication is now a funny story but was a little uncomfortable at the time. I wad worried for a minute there that dinner seating was going to become an issue on Azamara! We typically look forward to meeting new people at dinner. Cheers!

Fair enough!!! Sorry I seemed a little brusk but on our last cruise we had a dinner companion who steered the conversation consistently in a highly uncomfortable political direction. Everyone at the large table kept trying to redirect. Unfortunately I was seated next to her and when my husband and I tried to excuse ourselves she actually grabbed my arm and said she wasn't done! The extrication is now a funny story but was a little uncomfortable at the time. I wad worried for a minute there that dinner seating was going to become an issue on Azamara! We typically look forward to meeting new people at dinner. Cheers!

Understood. And that does sound like an uncomfortable situation. It was a joke referencing the fact that I found it hard to imagine a couple wanting a quiet, romantic dinner with others six inches away. Although, truthfully I'm a little rusty in the whole romantic dinner thing so shouldn't comment. Anyway, happy cruising to you. Maybe I'll see you and your husband at dinner! :')Hahaha (joke)

Great interview with Carl, and some good views of the differences between Pursuit and her sister ships. Sunset deck looks good, even without the bar, should make getting a table at lunchtimes easier. Still can’t work out if there are cushions on the sun loungers, if there are, they must be thinner than on the other ships.

Nice interview with Captain Carl. We sailed with him about five years ago for Azamara's first call at the Isle Of Man.

I was surprised to hear him say that Azamara is almost all inclusive and that a lot of people disembark without having spent a penny while on the ship. I'd think that the shore excursion department is a major revenue generator. Are there more generous onboard credits to offset the excursion costs? Or are people doing more private excursions? Just curious.

On the cruises I have been on I have been frantically trying to spend my on board credits which really weren't that much - couple hundred dollars per person plus included wifi promotion. I mostly self tour a city or arrange something privately.

Great interview, and the ship looks great. Don’t want to sound like a broken record, but still no cushions on those sun beds!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You’re right, I just paused the video to look more closely. They must be waiting for a delivery - can’t believe they won’t have sunbed mattresses.

You’re right, I just paused the video to look more closely. They must be waiting for a delivery - can’t believe they won’t have sunbed mattresses.

Or might be keeping them clean for the 1st August, will be checking it out when we embark next Wednesday.

:oThey might have forgotten them and gone back to collect as it seems the Pursuit is now back in Belfast!

VIP & LCV visit day today before she sails for Southampton, hopefully we will get the thoughts of some of the LCV members later today. Although they have been asked not to post any pictures until the 1st August.

VIP & LCV visit day today before she sails for Southampton, hopefully we will get the thoughts of some of the LCV members later today. Although they have been asked not to post any pictures until the 1st August.

Pictures are embargoed, yes but comments are fine. Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just of Pursuit. Ship looks very bright with lots of light coloured fabrics on the seating. Pool deck has an expanded canopy at the bar end and many more loungers for sunbathing. No bar on sunset veranda but many more seats which I think is a big improvement. Prime C and Aqualina appear to be more spacious and the curtain near the check-in desk is gone. A large teardrop type feature fills the space at the top of the stairs.

Altogether a very nice ship and most improvements have worked.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

Just of Pursuit. Ship looks very bright with lots of light coloured fabrics on the seating. Pool deck has an expanded canopy at the bar end and many more loungers for sunbathing. No bar on sunset veranda but many more seats which I think is a big improvement. Prime C and Aqualina appear to be more spacious and the curtain near the check-in desk is gone. A large teardrop type feature fills the space at the top of the stairs.

Altogether a very nice ship and most improvements have worked.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your thoughts, all sounds very good, question of the day was “are there cushions on the sun loungers?”

We always make it a point in the very beginning at a large table to say "no politics or religion" should be discussed. It has always seems to work!!

:D

Lounger mattresses are on there way!!

The LCV tour of the ship this morning in Belfast was excellent.

MJM has done an outstanding job in transforming the ship.

Pursuit is now a clear notch above Journey and Pursuit in its finish.

Journey and Quest will have the upgrades done next year with MJM stated as the contractor.

Pursuit is doing a two-day cruise to the Channel Islands for the travel trade from Saturday

If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

We always make it a point in the very beginning at a large table to say "no politics or religion" should be discussed. It has always seems to work!!

:D

We do too but this was just one of those weird experiences I think. She was on a rant for the whole dinner. Unfortunately for us we avoided large tables after that in case she was seated with us again. We have met such lovely people it was a shame but we couldn't handle another dinner like that. One of our favourite parts of Azamara is the food, wine and, usually, great dinner companions.