Azamara Pursuit

AllisonJames

Thanks for the photos from Twitter Riocca, all looks very good, will be interesting to see how those new settees work out in the Living room, I can foresee a few spills on those.

It’s also a shame that Aqualina and Prime C has followed the trend on Journey with those 2top tables close to each other. Still, time will tell.

Yes we’re not sure about the settees they look similar to the ones on Celebrity and we always find those awkward, but there’s plenty of other options.

We had no problem with the two tops in Aqualina on Journey but then we didn’t like the previous arrangement as we felt lost with just two of us on a large table and didn’t like the seating.

New Chef’s Table looks much better always hated the tall table and uncomfortable seats, however we’ll be giving the bench seating in Aqualina a miss.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pursuit ship visits in Belfast started today, and are running for three consecutive days.

As LCV members we are visiting the ship on Thursday morning. The arranged pick up point is outside the Titanic hotel which is about a mile from where Pursuit is berthed.

By chance this morning I had a business meeting in the Titanic hotel and noticed a flurry of activity with people registering and been given Azamara stickers to wear, with the dates 24-26th July.

I had to be nosy and ask who, why, what, when, where etc

It turned out to be guests of EY (Ernst and Young) in association with the Young Entrepreneur of the year.

Pursuit ship visits in Belfast started today, and are running for three consecutive days.

As LCV members we are visiting the ship on Thursday morning. The arranged pick up point is outside the Titanic hotel which is about a mile from where Pursuit is berthed.

By chance this morning I had a business meeting in the Titanic hotel and noticed a flurry of activity with people registering and been given Azamara stickers to wear, with the dates 24-26th July.

I had to be nosy and ask who, why, what, when, where etc

It turned out to be guests of EY (Ernst and Young) in association with the Young Entrepreneur of the year.

Tomorrow, 25th July Pursuit is due in Douglas I.o.M so they will be taking her out on a shake down cruise later. Hopefully they won’t break anything [emoji33]

Thanks for posting these pics John. An invaluable insight over the last few weeks to see the ship stripped back and re-emerge the other side of the re-fit. We sail on Pursuit Feb next year in South America and these updates have really got us charged. Thanks again. David

My first thought about the chaises in Living Room, ‘what a lovely comfy place on a cool sea day’. But. Feet up? In shoes? On an off white fabric? Hmmm. How long will they look good.

Yes, thanks for the continuing Twitter pix John.

Must say that the big table in Prime C used for the Chef's Table and the chairs instead of stools look much more comfortable.

I love the Living Room too but not keen on the Aqualina dark decor. It may be better in the flesh so can't wait to see it in August.

Tomorrow, 25th July Pursuit is due in Douglas I.o.M so they will be taking her out on a shake down cruise later. Hopefully they won’t break anything [emoji33]

That's because Captian Carl wants to nip home for a change of clothes!

Thanks John for continuing to post the Twitter pics.

Everything looks very sleek but I can't help thinking that a bit of colour injection here and there to offset the beige/brown palette might be nice. Just my thoughts so sorry if I've upset anyone!. Still think she looks great, though.

Thanks for the pics, she does look great! Not all good though. The tables for two in the speciality restaurants look too close together, a big turn off for us. Though, may have to find some friends for a change! Can anyone tell whether those pool deck sun beds are going to have cushions, or is that it? If so another big X from me.

Thanks for the pics, she does look great! Not all good though. The tables for two in the speciality restaurants look too close together, a big turn off for us. Though, may have to find some friends for a change! Can anyone tell whether those pool deck sun beds are going to have cushions, or is that it? If so another big X from me.

They are the same as the sun beds that were added to Journey & Quest in the 2016 refit so I would assume they would have the same cushions. Here’s a picture from Journey’s first cruise after refit:

719843f217e58a4f893cc55a5a3036bb.jpg

On Journey in May we didn’t feel the tables in the specialities were that close especially compared with Crystal Symphony in January.

On Journey in May we didn’t feel the tables in the specialities were that close especially compared with Crystal Symphony in January.

I agree – judging by the pictures there seems to be enough space for a thin person to get through, which is much more space than we have had on other ships. We like this arrangement because it offers just enough space to give you the choice of whether to engage your neighbors in conversation or maintain your privacy.

I agree – judging by the pictures there seems to be enough space for a thin person to get through, which is much more space than we have had on other ships. We like this arrangement because it offers just enough space to give you the choice of whether to engage your neighbors in conversation or maintain your privacy.

As a solo traveller, I feel sorry for any couple looking for romance that sits beside me at one of those two-top tables! Hahaha! Although that's the way I became pretty good friends with a NY couple I met onboard Wind Surf last year. She insisted I join them nightly after that. She just could not understand how anybody could choose to travel or eat alone. Bless her heart!

The ship looks incredible! I almost canceled my November cruise when all the stuff started with the new inclusive drink package a month or two ago. So glad I didn't. Too late now, it's past final payment so I was going one way or another.

Yes there’s still a bar in The Den and it’s still called Spirits judging from these pictures:

0087dd95d2f6bff012581091a0768ccc.jpg

b04fe0fe80bb268da350862b4618c0d3.jpg

Thank you! The photo I saw was the far end of the room after the bar area! LuAnn

As a solo traveller, I feel sorry for any couple looking for romance that sits beside me at one of those two-top tables! Hahaha! Although that's the way I became pretty good friends with a NY couple I met onboard Wind Surf last year. She insisted I join them nightly after that. She just could not understand how anybody could choose to travel or eat alone. Bless her heart!

I'm not sure how to read your comment here. My husband and I will always step away from the social aspect of large tables and have a quiet romantic dinner once or twice during the cruise. We love that we can mix it up over the course of the cruise and can have both highly social and fun dinners as well as intimate ones for two. We don't care how close the tables are - the fact that we are at one for two indicates we are not particularly interested in socializing during that time. I don't know what I'd do if someone insisted on interrupting our dinner.