Oasis vs. Allure

I couldn’t find many comparison threads when I searched, so apologies if this is a repeat topic.

Are there any meaningful differences between these ships? Seems to me there really isn’t a real difference except Mamma Mia vs. Cats. Are there any other noticeable differences between the entertainment offerings or other offerings onboard?

I’ll have been on Oasis 2 times prior to the cruise I’m currently planning, and while I’d like a little variety, I’m thinking there’s not enough difference between the offerings to justify going to Miami over the more convenient Port Canaveral for similar itineraries that cost the same. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any input!

Hi

we've done both and there is hardly any difference apart from the shows. We preferred Mamma Mia on Allure but thought the Ice show was better on Oasis. If you are a Diamond or above member the Allure does have a much nicer lounge. Hope this helps.

Hi

we've done both and there is hardly any difference apart from the shows. We preferred Mamma Mia on Allure but thought the Ice show was better on Oasis. If you are a Diamond or above member the Allure does have a much nicer lounge. Hope this helps.

The Diamond lounge is in the same location on both Oasis and Allure.

And that's probably where you are right now:halo:

I don't think so. You are probably right in mind and spirit but not in his physical body.

The Diamond lounge is in the same location on both Oasis and Allure.

Let me guess your vote would be for the Oasis. Are you packed? How exciting that you are only 5 days away.

Enjoy your cruise on the Oasis.

Oasis second show is "Come fly with me" (acrobatics)

Allure second show is "Blue Planet" - hard to describe but good.

The water shows on Allure are different than Oasis. There are two different water shows on both, but the second is a more of a comedy show (Allure is "Madagascar".)

Both ships are so similar it comes down to personal preference.

The other difference is that Allure has donuts on boardwalk and Sollairum changed to a paid Argentinian steakhouse for dinner which was good if you like that type of experience (skewers of meat brought and carved tableside).

I don't think so. You are probably right in mind and spirit but not in his physical body.

Let me guess your vote would be for the Oasis. Are you packed? How exciting that you are only 5 days away.

Ken is there now- we saw him on his way down. He boarded Sunday

Edited by molly361

Nope, on board now. The 3/18 in my signature was March 2018.:) Awesome ship.:)

The other difference is that Allure has donuts on boardwalk and Sollairum changed to a paid Argentinian steakhouse for dinner which was good if you like that type of experience (skewers of meat brought and carved tableside).

Argentina? Eu não penso assim

I couldn’t find many comparison threads when I searched, so apologies if this is a repeat topic.

Are there any meaningful differences between these ships? Seems to me there really isn’t a real difference except Mamma Mia vs. Cats. Are there any other noticeable differences between the entertainment offerings or other offerings onboard?

I’ll have been on Oasis 2 times prior to the cruise I’m currently planning, and while I’d like a little variety, I’m thinking there’s not enough difference between the offerings to justify going to Miami over the more convenient Port Canaveral for similar itineraries that cost the same. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any input!

We have done 15 nights on Allure and 14 nights on Oasis. Allure seems like a, and I hate to use the word, classier ship. Maybe the crew or possibly the cruisers that are pulled toward one name or the other. Allure was a transatlantic with a older group and far fewer kids then the Oasis Caribbean cruises. Even though both ships are nearly identical I would choose Allure even if the price was slightly higher.