Bed on Balcony

Renmar

Hahaha

I consider myself lucky to get bathrobes, not gonna rock the ship and ask for something extra!

Come to think of it, recently on a FB group Brits were discussing asking for kettles in their cabin and getting full tea service setup. I might try that, and pack some good coffee! [emoji12]

I hope you’ll update us on your “cruise ship camping” efforts. It better include photos though, or it didn’t happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the thread I started a few days ago about crazy things confiscated. Someone posted about coffee pots and tea kettles.

Oh boy.... I’m sailing in two weeks in Japan. Totally want to run out and buy a tatami mat and lay it out on the balcony for you :)

Get a futon also. They fold up nicely and are real comfortable to sleep on. Loved them when I lived in Japan

We had a large balcony on an Oceania Cruise. My husband asked for lounges for the balcony and they were delivered. The cruise was 18 days, Rome to Rio, and he slept outside every night. He loved it! He did have a knit cap that he wore out there most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This might work for Oceania Transatlantic, but a guy on a Princess cruise going around the Mediterranean for example, sleeping on a glass fronted balcony, even if they have a blue tint, just wearing a hat some nights seems problematic to me. I assume he moved the hat on the nights before a port day. This is not my idea of repositioning.

Regards John

I actually slept on the balcony most nights of a 10 night Hawaii to Ensenada cruise about 15 years ago. I think I used the the couch cushions as a bed. Either that or used extra pillows as the base. It was actually awesome to sleep out there, except for the last night of the trip when the noise from the dock workers woke me up at about 3am.

We are sailing the Coral Princess and have booked one of the balcony cabins on Emerald deck aft;

Coral%20cabin%20BE.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpXHHKIzxJOaDinunq-igiJ5fp40dYnZn6qgEpZNJOOf6UjSV08Zp14oJRfUPcr8yx4BEyNyojtZ1UOPUKz1aeHlOBRCABU5oxOXuBemtYtFye9JRvTs5BwAkreaKFgz2-0hd93-PUoawnhZjhCZ7G16iNkKtuz9Fepr70xi8x-1x_NIjTPSIZbiUrUYyi-vXzLTOYwcizAnsg4RTf4So4n2hyTPTWsHHVFGNc3iZXArchb006Q62CbPV1vN4Nd6cHWtvK9&attredirects=0

These cabins are fully covered. I think the balcony is large enough to accommodate a lounger or does anybody know for sure they are not?

Theo

Theo, your threads ALWAYS make me laugh. It was great meeting you a few years back on the Star, if briefly. I remember you were rushing off for the pub lunch, haha. Anyway, we had an AFT balcony on the Emerald deck on the Coral over Christmas (E624) - the balcony was enormous!! The best we'd ever had on Princess. I would post a photo, but I've no idea how to do this on CC.

I actually slept on the balcony most nights of a 10 night Hawaii to Ensenada cruise about 15 years ago. I think I used the the couch cushions as a bed. Either that or used extra pillows as the base. It was actually awesome to sleep out there, except for the last night of the trip when the noise from the dock workers woke me up at about 3am.

Now how could I trick my husband into thinking this was his idea......... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji13]

By morning, the bedding, and you, will be wet. The hose off the ship early..and sea air is humid and will condense on you and the bed. Just because a balcony is "covered", doesn't mean a thing...

We camped for many years on the beach at Long Beach, Pacific Rim Park. No tent, just sleeping bag, it was great. Talking about sea air, we almost touched the water.

I don't think they will hose off our balcony overnight hanging off the side of the ship. And if the do anyway than I don't have to shower that day:D.

I know, I'm weird but what the heck you only live ones.

Theo

I had some time, so I went back an re-read the OP. Then something came to mind. He said "twin bed", would that be the whole bed on the balcony? IF that was totally possible, can you imagine the logistics of doing that. First, bringing in the furniture, putting it in the closet area. The dismantle the bed, taking the frame out through the balcony door, trying to place it, because once it was out the door, you have no room to move. then the mattress, OR if just the mattress was taken out and placed on the floor, would knowing that a previous passenger could indeed have taken it out on the balcony, which some I have seen aren't the cleanest....would you be comfortable sleeping on that mattress. How about the room steward....can you imagine what he/she would think, how would they do room service....turn down you balcony bed, with your nightly candy.....And after reading some of these posts, from now on I will be checking to bottoms of mattress' and cushions

• Haha 1

Lots of killjoys out there. If I were to consider it again I would bring an air mattress. I did it spur of the moment last time, but absolutely loved it. Too hot in the Caribbean for me to sleep out there, but Hawaii and back to the mainland was perfect. Never got wet or hosed off during the night.

I had some time, so I went back an re-read the OP. Then something came to mind. He said "twin bed", would that be the whole bed on the balcony? IF that was totally possible, can you imagine the logistics of doing that. First, bringing in the furniture, putting it in the closet area. The dismantle the bed, taking the frame out through the balcony door, trying to place it, because once it was out the door, you have no room to move. then the mattress, OR if just the mattress was taken out and placed on the floor, would knowing that a previous passenger could indeed have taken it out on the balcony, which some I have seen aren't the cleanest....would you be comfortable sleeping on that mattress. How about the room steward....can you imagine what he/she would think, how would they do room service....turn down you balcony bed, with your nightly candy.....And after reading some of these posts, from now on I will be checking to bottoms of mattress' and cushions I hope you not THAT fuzzy, did you ever wonder who slept in the bed before you in Hotels or who was sitting on a seat in a plane (just to name a few.

They move those beds all the time from Queen to Twin & back (whateverthe passenger requests) they are not that heavy. Anyway, I nixed the idea ofthe mattress anyway and try to go for the comfy lounge, like the one an earlierposter was talking about.

Also, I'm sure I can do my own"Balcony Bed" turndown. I don't expect the steward to do that.

Really ???!!!!

I think the OP is pulling everyone’ s legs.

I am hoping it is not a serious idea, just a “numerous” thought.

No I'm not pulling any legs. I'm going to try it with the lounger + pad (if they will give it to me).

Theo

They move those beds all the time from Queen to Twin & back (whateverthe passenger requests) they are not that heavy. Anyway, I nixed the idea ofthe mattress anyway and try to go for the comfy lounge, like the one an earlierposter was talking about.

Also, I'm sure I can do my own"Balcony Bed" turndown. I don't expect the steward to do that.

No I'm not pulling any legs. I'm going to try it with the lounger + pad (if they will give it to me).

Theo

They used to have eggcrate pads. They would be queen size, but you could fold it in half.

We used to order the pads through our TA. Not sure you can still do that.

Anybody ever had their bed (twin bed) moved onto the balcony. For our upcoming cruise, Panama Canal, we have a balcony that seems large enough to have one of the beds set up there. I like to try sleeping outside :D(DW does not). Would they do it?

Theo

Not allowed.

Unfortunately not enough $$$ saved for a suite but maybe if I'm really nice to our steward she/he can snag me one of those loungers + pad.

Coral%20cabin%20BE.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpXHHKIzxJOaDinunq-igiJ5fp40dYnZn6qgEpZNJOOf6UjSV08Zp14oJRfUPcr8yx4BEyNyojtZ1UOPUKz1aeHlOBRCABU5oxOXuBemtYtFye9JRvTs5BwAkreaKFgz2-0hd93-PUoawnhZjhCZ7G16iNkKtuz9Fepr70xi8x-1x_NIjTPSIZbiUrUYyi-vXzLTOYwcizAnsg4RTf4So4n2hyTPTWsHHVFGNc3iZXArchb006Q62CbPV1vN4Nd6cHWtvK9&attredirects=0

Theo

Snag one from the upper deck, they stack them up one deck above the pool deck.

With the old style chairs and foot stools I occasionally slept on the balcony after my DW went to bed. I can not fall asleep till around midnight so I would go out and read and eventually fall asleep for an hour or so. Never had a problem. And never heard it was not allowed.