Most Traveled Passenger

ACoupleAtSea

Typically, how many days sailed does the most traveler passenger have. I am just curious as to how low some of the numbers are and how high some of the numbers are. I know this is a very general question and there are a ton of different answers. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Typically, how many days sailed does the most traveler passenger have. I am just curious as to how low some of the numbers are and how high some of the numbers are. I know this is a very general question and there are a ton of different answers. Thanks

Less than it used to be as Princess have treated some of their MTP rather poorly and they have decided to cruise on any line except Princess. Too much reduction in great cruise experience and too much increase in Princess BS.

I have been the first MTP with 600 or so days on an 8 day British Isles cruise on Pacific Princess, and on another cruise I have barely scraped into the MTP lunch at all.

I have cruised with 4 friends on Princess who have about 2000 days and that pretty much guaranteed No 1 most times. None of them will now cruise Princess.

Less than it used to be as Princess have treated some of their MTP rather poorly and they have decided to cruise on any line except Princess.

I have been the first MTP with 600 or so days on an 8 day British Isles cruise on Pacific Princess, and on another cruise I have barely scraped into the MTP lunch at all.

I have cruised with 4 friends on Princess who have about 2000 days and that pretty much guaranteed No 1 most times. None of them will now cruise Princess.

Just curious as to what they expect. Princess has so many ships and crew members that unless you gravitated to just a few ships it would be impossible for crew to know you on sight. Yes, these people have spent a small fortune on cruises. But seriously, other than another good cruise, what do the feel they are entitled to? Or what did Princess do that was enough to make them leave the line?

It varies greatly. There was a thread on this last week. Numbers ranged from 200s to well over 700 nights. Most were in the 500 range.

Bottom line' date=' I'll never be there.[/quote']

I would be surprised if the MTP on any cruise on Princess would have only 200 or so days, but I guess it could happen.

Might well get them into the MTP lunch or cocktail party on a cruise full of noobs though.

Edited by Griller

On our recent cruise the most traveled (couple) had over 1400 days.....

It appears that people with the most days at sea favor the longer cruises so that is when it takes 500 + days to . On short cruises the most traveled passenger will have fewer days at sea and 200 + may win the distinction. An exception might be the short cruises to the Caribbean sea in the winter. That is when hundreds, if not thousands of people take multiple cruises back to back. On our back to back cruise last month there were over 500 passengers who stayed on the ship when one cruise ended and the next began.

Just curious as to what they expect. Princess has so many ships and crew members that unless you gravitated to just a few ships it would be impossible for crew to know you on sight. Yes' date=' these people have spent a small fortune on cruises. But seriously, other than another good cruise, what do the feel they are entitled to? Or what did Princess do that was enough to make them leave the line?[/quote']

Can't really say on here but it wasn't that they didn't feel special or anything like that. They just wanted to be treated decently, and the more often you cruise the more chances there are things will go wrong, and if the cruise line doesn't make it right in a decent way then anyone is going to get annoyed and vote with their feet - and their wallet.

I only have just over 70 cruises on Princess and nothing so terrible has happened that I am totally fed up, but it certainly ain't what it used to be, and we are cruising on many different lines a lot more now and some are better and not much more cost if any.

I have come to the conclusion that if you don't expect too much from any cruise line now then you won't be disappointed.

We usually do 20 to 30 day long Princess cruises and it seems the MTP are usually up in the 1,000 plus days easily....usually 1,400 or more....I always notice because I think to myself that they have spent years on the Princess ships!

The last 10 day cruise we were on the MTP was just over 500 days....:)

Last week, the MTP only had 770 days. I was really surprised at how few days they had since most of our cruises seem to have people in the 1300's.

We were No 1 on one cruise and then No 2 on the B2B to it - and we preferred No 2 as we like the Korbel Brut better than the French champagne.

And we got the rather nice lead crystal glass paperweights both times, probably never get any more.

Two years ago, the cutoff for the Most Traveled Cocktail party was 150 days. All (30 people) of the Elites were invited. The Captain's Circle rep decided not to invite any Platinums.

its so worth being in the top 3 MTP, you get to sit at a table with a tablecloth at the CC cocktail party, you get to order what you want to drink rather than watered down pseudo cocktails and you get in 15 minutes early to chat with some junior ships officer who has no idea and even less interest in who you are and who you will probably never see again as their job is sorting out the bar charge mistakes or similar.

I had a friend who had about 3 years on Princess ships and was usually the most travelled. Sadly, he passed away this past January.

Tom

Was that Tom whose wife Jean passed away a couple of years ago?

Depends on type of cruise you do. A few years back, we decided to do a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean on the Ruby and do a 7 day on a Celebrity ship and compare the too cruises. It was interesting, on a 7 day cruise on the Ruby we made the cut off for a MTP luncheon, with about 250 days... we never kept track of days, because when we started cruising they counted cruises not days. We are elite on Princess and Celebrity... have cruised on 9 different cruise lines over past 30 years... with 26 cruises with Princess. Unless I was on a 7 day again, doubt we ever make the cut again.

Long cruise will have high numbers, even higher when there are several new to Princess ports.

Inaugural cruise on a new ship will have high numbers.

True 14 day Caribbean cruise will have high numbers.

Alaska cruise will have low numbers except if it is a continuation of a cruise that started in Asia.

Panama Canal cruise will have low numbers especially the 10 day partial voyages.

5 day cruises in the Caribbean or California have low numbers.

its so worth being in the top 3 MTP, you get to sit at a table with a tablecloth at the CC cocktail party, you get to order what you want to drink rather than watered down pseudo cocktails and you get in 15 minutes early to chat with some junior ships officer who has no idea and even less interest in who you are and who you will probably never see again as their job is sorting out the bar charge mistakes or similar.

This is so on the mark that I had to read it aloud to DH and we both had a good chuckle. It’s definitely a dog and pony show. Frankly, cruising was a lot more fun before we started being in the top three most traveled because those parties are painful as all get out (to me. DH still enjoys them).