Most Traveled Passenger

ACoupleAtSea

Princess and the other lines have Guest they live on the ships, almost year round. Mario Salcedo has lived on cruise ships for over 22 years, 50 weeks a year.... He is on RCCL, so if you say most days it is very high for a few.

Myself I have not totaled all the days but just completed cruise number 80.... some years 85 days plus, others less than 10 days. Now being older I take 3 to 4 cruises a year.

its so worth being in the top 3 MTP, you get to sit at a table with a tablecloth at the CC cocktail party, you get to order what you want to drink rather than watered down pseudo cocktails and you get in 15 minutes early to chat with some junior ships officer who has no idea and even less interest in who you are and who you will probably never see again as their job is sorting out the bar charge mistakes or similar.

This is so on the mark that I had to read it aloud to DH and we both had a good chuckle. It’s definitely a dog and pony show. Frankly, cruising was a lot more fun before we started being in the top three most traveled because those parties are painful as all get out (to me. DH still enjoys them).

If they are so over-rated and such a pain in the rear, then why, do you still go to them? Why not RSVP your regrets and let someone who perhaps does enjoy them go in your place? Seems a simple solution to me where everybody wins. Someone who doesn't enjoy them goes somewhere else and someone who does enjoy them gets that opportunity!

Tom

This is so on the mark that I had to read it aloud to DH and we both had a good chuckle. It’s definitely a dog and pony show. Frankly, cruising was a lot more fun before we started being in the top three most traveled because those parties are painful as all get out (to me. DH still enjoys them).

Mahalo! Love reading your adventures and the fact that cruising should be the LOVE of being able to. The BS I'm better than you stuff has just become to much. 5yrs till retirement. Love Princess, but who knows Celebrity or Oceania next. Who knows

Typically, how many days sailed does the most traveler passenger have. I am just curious as to how low some of the numbers are and how high some of the numbers are. I know this is a very general question and there are a ton of different answers. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to be clear: there's a vast difference between "sailing" and "cruising."

If they are so over-rated and such a pain in the rear, then why, do you still go to them?

We do occasionally give them a pass, but I guess you missed where I said my husband still enjoys the honor. At this point, we generally give our bottle of champagne back to be raffled off and decline the gift boxes. We did enjoy the crystals, and used to give away any duplicates. The wooden boxes just don’t have the same appeal as they are not destination specific.

What I don’t understand is how the people with far more days than we have, who are ALWAYS first or second most traveled and who do 10 or 20 cruises a year still enjoy the parties. We are fairly new to it and I already find the forced socialization a bit much. But then I’m not as outgoing as others, I guess. And I’m definitely not comfortable with receiving public recognition of what I consider to be simple good fortune.

My friend Steve has over 140 cruises and I think a little over 2,000 days. With Princess.

Tony

Tony, assuming you mean Steve K, we haven’t seen them in four years. How is Peggy doing?

If they are so over-rated and such a pain in the rear, then why, do you still go to them? Why not RSVP your regrets and let someone who perhaps does enjoy them go in your place? Seems a simple solution to me where everybody wins. Someone who doesn't enjoy them goes somewhere else and someone who does enjoy them gets that opportunity!

Tom

Being in the top 3 MTP and attending the CC cocktail party are two different things.

Just because you decline to go to the CC party doesn't mean someone else gets in the top 3 most travelled?

How can it? They don't have the days.

And I never said I didn't enjoy them, what I posted was somewhat tongue in cheek,

I didn't expect someone with total sense of humor failure to comment on it like that.

Are you maybe confusing the CC party where the top 3 MTP are announced with the MTP Cocktail Party or Lunch where the top 40 or so are invited, and if they don't want to go then the next down the list are invited?

its so worth being in the top 3 MTP, you get to sit at a table with a tablecloth at the CC cocktail party,

I declined that, as I didn't want to be on display.

I've only made it to 2nd, but if I were first, I would not want my name and picture in the patter.

I did see the picture of one first place couple: "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, USA"

I thought that was almost sufficiently vague.

Its pretty amazing if you think about the amount of people that have hundreds or even thousands of days at sea with Princess. A few years ago, we met a couple that had 50 sailings in a row with Princess and that is basically nothing when talking to some others.

I declined that, as I didn't want to be on display.

I've only made it to 2nd, but if I were first, I would not want my name and picture in the patter.

I did see the picture of one first place couple: "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, USA"

I thought that was almost sufficiently vague.

We were recently on a Royal ship where the top couple refused to have their picture shown. I thought it a little strange but I suppose they were in top place so many times, it gets old. ;)

I am on the Emerald right now and the MTP had 1151 days at sea with Princess.

On the Royal the Capt circle host announced that the top 3 MT couples would receive a gift box and a crystal.

If you get the chance let us know if they have returned or was it a slip of the tongue.

We have been in 2nd place once and 3rd place twice. One time we were in 3rd place, both 1st and 2nd appeared to be travel agents.

We often make the MTP luncheon or cocktail party.

Due to some health issues we haven't travelled with Princess for a while. It will be interesting to see what happens on our upcoming 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

We have been in 2nd place once and 3rd place twice. One time we were in 3rd place, both 1st and 2nd appeared to be travel agents.

That makes a lot of sense. On another line, we were told by our head waiter that we were number one on his list of most days on board. This line does no recognition, but does send notices to staff.

I met the couple who supposedly had the highest number of cruises on this line on a different sailing. She was a travel agent in a northern US city, and to get away from the winter they would do a 3 or 4 night weekend each month. They didn't have the top number of days cruised, but had the highest number of cruises. TA rates on both the ship and the airline, writing it off as a business expense....yeah, makes a lot of sense.

With around 600 days on Princess, I almost always get an invitation to the MTP luncheon or cocktail party. This past January, I was the fourth most traveled on the Sun Princess. The Captain's Circle Hostess arranged for us to sit with the top three most traveled at the captain's table, which was really nice.

In December of 2005, I made the most traveled passenger on a 7-day western Caribbean cruise with only 250 days. Then in 2014, I made second most traveled on a 4-day west coast cruise on the Island with about 475 days. Most of the cruises that I go on seem to be pretty popular with other frequent cruisers. I'm just happy to get invited to the party. :)

We had tablemates who were the most traveled passengers on a Ruby Princess cruise. They invited us to join them at their table at the Captains Circle party. We got to sneak in the port-side entrance. They even gave us their crystal award. We ran into them on another Ruby Princess cruise the next year and got to eat breakfast and lunch with them a few times. Once again, they invited us to join them at the Captains Circle party. They were able to take something else in lieu of the crystal award on that cruise. They had more than 2,000 days on Princess.

I'm hoping to eventually make it to the MTP cocktail party or lunch. We're at 157 days right now. Maybe I'll get lucky on an Alaskan cruise this summer.

If someone books a long cruise in one segment - is it possible to get invited to the MTP luncheon/cocktail party more than once, if the cruise is available to be booked in smaller segments? . e.g. - Cruise is booked as a 28 day trip, but can also be booked 2 x 14 days.:confused::confused: