Butter Update

tcdcruiser

Arrived in the MDR and awaited butter dish delivery. Upon arrival observed 3 butter balls. Then, noticed what appeared to be a smaller diameter butter ball. Quickly returned to me cabin to retrieve my measuring tool and can report that PCL has indeed reduced the butter ball size from an average of 10mm to 7.5mm. This does appear to be yet another example of cost savings.

Will report later today about the size of martini glasses.

Writing from the Emerald Princess in route to the South Pacific, April 1.

On our recent Star Princess cruise, we were at an 8 top (but only 4 of us most nights). There were 3 butter dishes on the table, each with 3 balls of butter. When one was empty it was replaced with a new dish with 3 more balls of butter.

On our recent Star Princess cruise, we were at an 8 top (but only 4 of us most nights). There were 3 butter dishes on the table, each with 3 balls of butter. When one was empty it was replaced with a new dish with 3 more balls of butter.

On our Panama Canal cruise last Feb on the Caribbean Princess, in the MDR we were at a table of 4 and there was enough butter balls for us and when we ask for more dinner rolls we were served more butter ball. What is with this measuring butter ball?? All you have to do is ask for more butter and you'll get what you ask for :D.

Am enjoying the humor of this butter thread and especially the original as so many people were so incensed! On our recent Royal Cruise I am happy to announce that these threads gave DH and me a giggle as we observed on our table, a butter dish with three balls of butter in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to announce though that we could get as much butter as we wanted. We were in CC dining so the waiter just took a butter dish off another table and we had our butter within 5 seconds of asking for more!!!

Pooh

Arrived in the MDR and awaited butter dish delivery. Upon arrival observed 3 butter balls. Then, noticed what appeared to be a smaller diameter butter ball. Quickly returned to me cabin to retrieve my measuring tool and can report that PCL has indeed reduced the butter ball size from an average of 10mm to 7.5mm. This does appear to be yet another example of cost savings.

Writing from the Emerald Princess in route to the South Pacific, April 1.

Happy 1 April! :D

Oh noooo, just when I thought we had safely moved on from this :D

Happy 1 April! :D

Butter balls are no laughing matter :D

Hehe,

On my recent trip on the Crown I noticed they were quite attentive about refreshing the butter dish. To the point I wondered if they had figured out I was a frequent poster on the old thread.

I wish the original thread had not been moved. Where it promptly died.

Not much of a cost savings for Princess...if you use the butter up, you'll just ask for more. That would probably be a net loss in savings. Figure 6 butters at 7.5mm vs. 3 balls at 10mm. Hmmmm.:cool: