Watch your account statement on your TV like a hawk!

Numerous incorrect charges when on the Majesty last time, no erroneous charges on the Enchantment. Throughout the years on occasion I’ve had a phantom charge appear, always removed, kind of a pain in the ass on checkout morning. Happens from time to time on business travel too.

I had Guest Services ARGUE with me about false charges. She says "Are you SURE that your husband didn't buy these drinks when you weren't' with him?" She made me feel like I was being looked at as a liar.

Another time my friend and I did a 'girls cruise' and on the last day a charge for over $25 showed up on her bill. We had to stand in line at GS on the final morning to get it removed. It was for a bunch of 'shooters' from the first day at sail away. GS rep said that the bartenders were just writing down the sea pass numbers and must have gotten it wrong!

We cruise mainly RCCL and X and have had some problems with billing in the past but has always been remedied by guest services. We made the mistake of trying MSC Seaside in Jan. We switched rooms because of the strong sewer smell in our room. Guest Services gave us a certificate for a free specialty rest. dinner for our problem. We used it and the following day we noticed a charge for the "free" dinner. Went to guest services to question charge and the same person who gave me certificate denied giving it to me and refused to remove charge. Now that's what I call a scam!!!!!!

Just off Freedom (3/17) and can confirm that we had issues with charges on our account. I had the Royal Replenish package, which includes cokes, frozen drinks, and bottled water. When I would walk up to a bar and ask for bottled water, they would always swipe my card but never ask me to sign anything. A few of them also decided to give themselves a TIP for handing me a bottled water. Of course, Guest Services argued with me and even printed receipts showing a $1 tip on them (that I didn't authorize). It was my word against theirs....they did remove the extra charges/tips. It just bothered me that the staff would actually add a tip like that.

As previously stated, not all ships have interactive menus. But when they do, I check mine daily.

:halo:

I love the interactive menus! It was what enable me to quickly see our erroneous charges, and get them resolved mid-sailing, instead of waiting in the long, long line last day at guest services...

JTBCruiser - Yes, "mistakes happen", but they seem to usually be in favor of the cruise line and not the customer, when they do occur. How often does a customer mistakenly "NOT" get charged for a justified expense of theirs, compared to the number of times an extra charge is mistakenly placed on a customer's account?

Just off of Oasis. Had a great cruise' date=' but am getting really irritated with the mistakes on our account statement EVERY cruise with RCCL (charged for things we never purchased on each of our past 5 cruises) ! This time we were charged for 3 drinks (on different days) that we never purchased. Not sure how this keeps happening. We had the Replenish and soda drink packages so it was easy to see errors in the billing. There were others at Guest Services with the same issue. So make sure all of your charges were actually made by you! Beginning to wonder if this is a way for them to bring in extra income from those not paying attention! :( Happy sailing![/quote']

We always purchase the Drink Package online before we cruise. There is a DX printed on our SeaPass Cards. On our last cruise on Brilliance, on the second day one bartender told me I needed to go to GS to have my card checked as he said when he swiped it, the system didn’t reflect that I had the package. I went to GS and sure enough it was activated. They gave me a new card with a “sticker”. There were previous drink charges that they removed. I only tip in cash for drinks onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As previously stated, not all ships have interactive menus. :halo:

And in some cases, not all *rooms* have interactive menus. We recently cruised on the Liberty of the Seas and were unable to access the interactive menu on our television. I asked about it at guest services and was advised not all rooms have been upgraded with TVs that can handle the interactive menu. Not a big deal, but I'm glad I asked--I later received a letter in our cabin apologizing and offering a 15% discount on a future cruise due to the issue. :)

Wow I cant believe some people have been on loads of cruises and never been charged. I have been on five RC cruises and been overcharged every single time!.

The extra charge has always appeared on the bill overnight on the last night so that you have to join a massive queue on the last morning when you are trying to get off the ship. A couple of time we have not bothered to queue to get say $10 refunded. However DH and I are convinced it is an 'extra' charge and a way for the company to make money.

• Like 1

I have had occasional error but for me it is rare. I still check my account regularly, if for no other reason then to see how much I have spent.

Not buying drinks packages or any other kind of packages might be a reason why I don't encounter as many errors as some people.

Just off of Oasis. Had a great cruise' date=' but am getting really irritated with the mistakes on our account statement EVERY cruise with RCCL (charged for things we never purchased on each of our past 5 cruises) ! This time we were charged for 3 drinks (on different days) that we never purchased. Not sure how this keeps happening. We had the Replenish and soda drink packages so it was easy to see errors in the billing. There were others at Guest Services with the same issue. So make sure all of your charges were actually made by you! Beginning to wonder if this is a way for them to bring in extra income from those not paying attention! :( Happy sailing![/quote']

I always keep all of our receipts and check the interactive TV daily and fortunately never had any charging problems.

On our last Majesty cruise, we had an issue where the bartender in Bolero's would bill us for the sodas we had, the water we had, and the cocktails we had on the bill. We had the refreshment package that covered the sodas and the water. He also added himself a nice tip.

They reversed the entire charge instead of just taking off the water and soda as we requested, as well as the tip.

Just off Freedom (3/17) and can confirm that we had issues with charges on our account. I had the Royal Replenish package, which includes cokes, frozen drinks, and bottled water. When I would walk up to a bar and ask for bottled water, they would always swipe my card but never ask me to sign anything. A few of them also decided to give themselves a TIP for handing me a bottled water. Of course, Guest Services argued with me and even printed receipts showing a $1 tip on them (that I didn't authorize). It was my word against theirs....they did remove the extra charges/tips. It just bothered me that the staff would actually add a tip like that.

same experience with them adding tip to our drinks in the Theater. On Adventure recently we heard the bartender crying about how they would prefer the tip payed in cash to them so they could "benefit". My husband had to put his hand over my mouth to keep from telling the passenger that an 18% tip was already added.

We had incorrect charges on our Oasis cruise a couple of years ago, but Royal was very helpful in removing them. We always check our account while on board. In fairness, we had incorrect charges on HAL when we cruised them, too. Mistakes happen.

We had incorrect charges on our Oasis cruise a couple of years ago, but Royal was very helpful in removing them. We always check our account while on board. In fairness, we had incorrect charges on HAL when we cruised them, too. Mistakes happen.

I find these mistakes are never in the customers favour.

On our last cruise we had $200 in erroneous towel charges. We had selected a paperless statement, so didn't see it till a day after disembarking. Took about two weeks to get the refund after calling Royal, because apparently they needed to communicate with the ship.

I can't recall any other billing mistakes on other cruises, but I'll be going back to requesting the paper statements.

On our last Majesty cruise, we had an issue where the bartender in Bolero's would bill us for the sodas we had, the water we had, and the cocktails we had on the bill. We had the refreshment package that covered the sodas and the water. He also added himself a nice tip.

They reversed the entire charge instead of just taking off the water and soda as we requested, as well as the tip.

We had the Deluxe package on Freedom and the waiter in Chops grill insisted it didn't include water even though we had bought a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with DP discount.

Next day i queried this at GS and the total drinks bill was erased.

On our last cruise we had $200 in erroneous towel charges. We had selected a paperless statement, so didn't see it till a day after disembarking. Took about two weeks to get the refund after calling Royal, because apparently they needed to communicate with the ship.

I can't recall any other billing mistakes on other cruises, but I'll be going back to requesting the paper statements.

Thanks,i wasn't aware they did paperless bills but i will refuse them if asked.

Last cruise on liberty we go charged for all of our drinks on the first day. Was kind of annoying explaining to guest services that we had the deluxe package and shouldn't be charged for them. They really did question every single one of them. Bought the package precruise as well. Same thing happened on oasis the last night to the tune of $35.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The only charge I was billed for that was incorrect was on our last cruise in January on Allure. I didn't notice it until I got home as it was on the statement put under the door the last morning.

It was a charge for internet service and as a Diamond Plus passenger I am given 2 free days of internet. I wasn't billed for the first day, but was for the second.

I called Royal Caribbean the next day, when I was home and they checked into it and found I shouldn't have been billed. I was given credit without any problem.

I do check my bill here and there during the cruise and I guess I have been lucky with no charges that weren't ours.

The only charge I was billed for that was incorrect was on our last cruise in January on Allure. I didn't notice it until I got home as it was on the statement put under the door the last morning.

It was a charge for internet service and as a Diamond Plus passenger I am given 2 free days of internet. I wasn't billed for the first day, but was for the second.

I called Royal Caribbean the next day, when I was home and they checked into it and found I shouldn't have been billed. I was given credit without any problem.

I do check my bill here and there during the cruise and I guess I have been lucky with no charges that weren't ours.

It used to be the phantom mini bar bottle water charge now it looks like it might be an internet charge that is added to your bill when you don't have time to dispute it when disembarking and lots of people don't bother once they are home.

Strange it never works for the passengers advantage or is it just coincidence?