Radiance cruise cancelled last minute

"If" they are going to be able to fix it dockside, we would take the "use it as a hotel" option.

It might be dock side but it can't be the usual pier as that is a very busy place this time of the year. Heck, it may require a whole dry dock in which case no way will they let customers stay on board.

It might be dock side but it can't be the usual pier as that is a very busy place this time of the year. Heck, it may require a whole dry dock in which case no way will they let customers stay on board.

Yea, but I'm sure as hell going to ask. If it is just a clutch replacement (CHENG, chime in here somewhere) I think they do that regular dockside without a dry dock. Is there even a large enough dry dock in the area?

What a mess - and dropped at the last second after all the "suits" have gone home. Classy.

OMG I am sorry and Royal did well with compensating you. However I would ask for a 2 year FCC.

Can you somehow look for last monute options like another cruise for the same length like a Trans Atlantic? Call up Royal and ask them to get you on a new cruise ASAP.

Also see if they will honor the same rates for beverage packages shore excursions etc.

One year FCC is the usual they give everyone now... Since it's last minute issue no guarantee price protections, which is usually only one other ship they would have offered anyway...

Wow I feel for those who have already left and planning on staying in Sydney for a few days pre cruise. I would see if there is anything available from Sydney around those dates that your able to salvage some of that cost.

There might still be some cabins available on Voyager of Seas departing Sydney 5th April for 11 nights to Fiji, but you would have to be quick.

Yea, but I'm sure as hell going to ask. If it is just a clutch replacement (CHENG, chime in here somewhere) I think they do that regular dockside without a dry dock.

I wouldn't think they would have cancelled the whole cruise if it was something simple that's fixable dockside in a day or so - they could have just cancelled a stop or somehow altered the itinerary.

I wouldn't think they would have cancelled the whole cruise if it was something simple that's fixable dockside in a day or so - they could have just cancelled a stop or somehow altered the itinerary.

You picked a great time to suddenly become logical.

There might still be some cabins available on Voyager of Seas departing Sydney 5th April for 11 nights to Fiji, but you would have to be quick.

Nope, it shows sold out as is Explorer. Very unlikely one would find any cabins 3 days out from just about any sailing.

I have a friend on the phone with them now. Her Air2Sea may already be cancelled since it was tied to Radiance. They were to do Radiance, spend 5 nights in Sydney, then take Explorer Transpacific.

The ship has been in very rough seas the last few days due to a cyclone of the Queensland coast. Maybe these conditions have caused the problem.

Kinda weird route shown on Marinetraffic - it shows the ship going from Brisbane (left Sat night) to Newcastle (arriving Thur) but the ship is way north of Brisbane. The itinerary included a tender stop at Airlie Beach north of Brisbane but maybe the weather simply cancelled that stop and she'll have 4 sea days.

Edited by Biker19

I am so sorry. A few years back we were supposed to sail on the Carnival ship that caught fire at sea. What you are being offered is better than what Carnival gave us. They gave us enough $$ to rebook flights and we sailed on another ship during the original dates. It was a stressful situation .

That would have been me, last year. This would have KILLED me.

Exactly!.... I thought of you as I went through this thread and your trip last year.... yikes how brutal.

Compensation details:

We will be providing you with a full refund of your cruise as well as a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

Once the shock, anger, helplessness and disappointment have come and dissipated a bit, I am truly hoping that cruisers on this sailing can turn this disaster into an incredible experience by changing gears..... Along with a Radiance 10 day sailing 6 years ago up the coast, I spent 12 days on land in Sydney, Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road... and also the Red Center (Uluru). One of my very favorite vacations ever, and as an avid cruiser this land vacation was simply incredible and memorable vs. being on Radiance at that time. I wonder if cruisers can quickly get some help with a travel agent to pull together some itineraries that fit... One cannot see King's Canyon nor climb Ayer's Rock when on Radiance! Turn lemons into lemonade.

I send a sincere best wishes to all of you affected.

Just rec'd an email from Royal that the Radiance cruise on 4/6 has been cancelled. We were to fly from LAX to SYD tomorrow. What a mess!

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Radiance of the Seas, April 6, 2018 sailing. A technical issue has just occurred that limits the operation of one of the ship’s azipods. Unfortunately, this issue must be remedied immediately. We are very sorry for the impact this unexpected issue has had on your vacation plans. While we know there is nothing we can do to make up for your missed cruise, we do hope the below compensation offer shows you how much we look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future.

Compensation details:

We will be providing you with a full refund of your cruise as well as a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

Your refund will be automatically processed to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. You should see these refunds post to your account in the next 5-10 business days.

In the hope that you will come sail with us again soon, you will also receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. This credit will be based on the cruise fare portion paid, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. This certificate is valid for one year and will be sent to the email on file in the next week.

For guests that are flying in:

For our Air2Sea guests or guests that purchased air directly with Royal Caribbean, we will be providing you with a full refund of your airfare. Additionally, we will reach out to you or your travel partner to work through new travel arrangements.

If you purchased air on your own, we will be reimbursing change fees of up to $200 per person for domestic flights and up to $300 per person for international flights (change in airline reservations must be like-for-like cabin class and a faxed/email copy of air fees assessed must be provided for reimbursement). Please submit your receipts within the next 30 days to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.

Pre-purchased items:

Any pre-purchased items, like beverage packages, internet, or shore excursions, will be automatically refunded to the form of payment utilized.

We understand that some guests may be in transit, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. From North America, please reach out to us at 1-800-256-6649. From Australia, please feel free to contact 1-800-754-500.

We know this change is disappointing and sincerely regret being unable to deliver the cruise that you were looking forward to. Your vacation time is important to us and your safety is our highest priority. We do hope you will find a great vacation option with us in the near future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

So sorry, fortunately it happened before you flew all that way. Sounds like good comp offered and not much they can do down one pod. Sorry again...

I have a friend on the phone with them now. Her Air2Sea may already be cancelled since it was tied to Radiance. They were to do Radiance, spend 5 nights in Sydney, then take Explorer Transpacific.

That's exactly what we were doing. PLEASE find out what the final answer was.

Exactly!.... I thought of you as I went through this thread and your trip last year.... yikes how brutal.

Once the shock, anger, helplessness and disappointment have come and dissipated a bit, I am truly hoping that cruisers on this sailing can turn this disaster into an incredible experience by changing gears..... Along with a Radiance 10 day sailing 6 years ago up the coast, I spent 12 days on land in Sydney, Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road... and also the Red Center (Uluru). One of my very favorite vacations ever, and as an avid cruiser this land vacation was simply incredible and memorable vs. being on Radiance at that time. I wonder if cruisers can quickly get some help with a travel agent to pull together some itineraries that fit... One cannot see King's Canyon nor climb Ayer's Rock when on Radiance! Turn lemons into lemonade.

I send a sincere best wishes to all of you affected.

Gee, that's very helpful advise for an old GI that spends part time in a wheelchair. Very helpful, thank you.

Think before you type - not everyone can do an overland trek.

Kinda weird route shown on Marinetraffic - it shows the ship going from Brisbane (left Sat night) to Newcastle (arriving Thur) but the ship is way north of Brisbane. The itinerary included a tender stop at Airlie Beach north of Brisbane but maybe the weather simply cancelled that stop and she'll have 4 sea days.

there's a cyclone between Cairns and Brisbane so that wont help things either

there's a Naval Base at Sydney so they could do the repairs there if no navy ships there

Gee, that's very helpful advise for an old GI that spends part time in a wheelchair. Very helpful, thank you.

Think before you type - not everyone can do an overland trek.

Wow! Kind of harsh words to someone who was trying to help. How could they know that you spend part of your time in a wheelchair.. I know your upset but that’s certainly no reason to take it out on someone who was just trying to help.