Radiance cruise cancelled last minute

Would you be able to book a cruise out of the same port leaving for the same days now?

As was posted previously, very unlikely there are any cabins available on any ship this close to sailing. All RCI sailings are sold out for the next two weeks out of Sydney.

Conversely, what do you expect RCI to do?

Provide people with enough money and some alternative plans. Some people on this sailing may have came from Europe, Asia or the States and are now stuffed.

This is disgraceful. What on earth are Royal expecting guests from anywhere outside of Australia to do? OP - I really feel terrible for you in this situation.

It is not like they planned for an azipod to have a major malfunction. The ship needs a major repair and needs to be taken out of service.

I would be devastated if I was the OP. I would have a good cry and then try to see what I could do to salvage some kind of a trip.

It is not like they planned for an azipod to have a major malfunction. The ship needs a major repair and needs to be taken out of service.

I would be devastated if I was the OP. I would have a good cry and then try to see what I could do to salvage some kind of a trip.

If I were OP, I'm not sure what I would do. I never work with TA's before booking a vacation so would basically be on my own.

A 100 % fare FCC is pretty generous. All the other ships are full so not sure what other alternatives RCI could offer.

What are these guests meant to do then? Could they not try and get them onto another cruise line? Celebrity?

What are these guests meant to do then? Could they not try and get them onto another cruise line? Celebrity?

The sailing leaving on 4/11/18 is the Celebrity Solstice Transpacific and it is sold out. I’m not even seeing the sailing prior to that - I believe that it left at the end of March.

OP, I’m very very sorry to hear about the situation that you are in.

Oh OP I am so sorry. What a frustration and disappointment! I hope you find some sort of alternative plan which ends up being a wonderful time after all.

Sounds like RCI is handling it well and fairly given the circumstances---but it still stinks being stuck in the situation.

As mentioned, in the mainline cruise world, finding an alternate cruise cabin 3 days out is virtually impossible.

Australia is a big country. They should get out and explore some of it. Some things are beyond RCL's control. The ships are full, it's the end of the season.

3 days notice for this is ridiculous - surely they would have known about this earlier?

OP I hope you find another option.

Do you know more than 3 days ahead of time when your car is going to break?

Sometimes bad things happen with little or no notice. That's not necessarily Royal's fault. For all we know they hit a semi-submerged shipping container (http://www.yachtingworld.com/comment/shipping-containers-lost-at-sea-61867) or something and wrecked the azipod.

While the situation is very disappointing, on the bright side OP gets a refund AND a free cruise. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Well, we are salvaging much of the trip after all. Air 2 Sea really stepped up to the plate and we will make the Explorer TP cruise after all. Instead of the original 5 nights after the Radiance cruise we will fly in 2 weeks later and have 2 1/2 nights instead. No extra air charges.

It's really tough to book international air this close in. We remain on a direct LAX SYD flight in premium economy with decent assigned seats. They really did a nice job with the re-booking after recognizing we were very flexible in our travel dates.

We were lucky, and I know others were not so.

Sure would have liked to see New Zealand though. Safe travels.

Well, we are salvaging much of the trip after all. Air 2 Sea really stepped up to the plate and we will make the Explorer TP cruise after all. Instead of the original 5 nights after the Radiance cruise we will fly in 2 weeks later and have 2 1/2 nights instead. No extra air charges.

It's really tough to book international air this close in. We remain on a direct LAX SYD flight in premium economy with decent assigned seats. They really did a nice job with the re-booking after recognizing we were very flexible in our travel dates.

We were lucky, and I know others were not so.

Sure would have liked to see New Zealand though. Safe travels.

So happy to hear you are able to do the TP cruise. Have a wonderful time, you deserve it!

Welcome to CC.

The ship could make it to Hawaii on a single pod, but like now, it would be limited to about 15 knots - kinda like a two engine jet plane can fly just fine on a single engine, though you wouldn't want to take off with just one.

I just see what happens when the second of two Azipods fail. How do you say adrift at Sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A 100 % fare FCC is pretty generous. All the other ships are full so not sure what other alternatives RCI could offer.

It is generous, for RCI. But that FCC could be quickly offset by other costs.

They are reimbursing passengers for change fees, but the last minute new cost of an airline ticket could easily double or triple if you are already in Sydney and you have already paid to get there, the money you can't recover.

Not to mention hotel and meal costs could easily be $2,000 to stay in Sydney for a week.

Hopefully, trip interruption insurance can pick up some of those extra costs. Without insurance, this cancellation could cost you big bucks.

It is generous, for RCI. But that FCC could be quickly offset by other costs.

They are reimbursing passengers for change fees, but the last minute new cost of an airline ticket could easily double or triple if you are already in Sydney and you have already paid to get there, the money you can't recover.

Not to mention hotel and meal costs could easily be $2,000 to stay in Sydney for a week.

Hopefully, trip interruption insurance can pick up some of those extra costs. Without insurance, this cancellation could cost you big bucks.

They're getting 100% refund and 100% FCC. Use the refund to cover the Australian expenses, they already have the air.