Radiance cruise cancelled last minute

There might still be some cabins available on Voyager of Seas departing Sydney 5th April for 11 nights to Fiji, but you would have to be quick.

Nope, it shows sold out as is Explorer. Very unlikely one would find any cabins 3 days out from just about any sailing.

Darn it, this was going to be my suggestion. So sorry to hear about the last minute changes.

Wow! Kind of harsh words to someone who was trying to help. How could they know that you spend part of your time in a wheelchair.. I know your upset but that’s certainly no reason to take it out on someone who was just trying to help.

You can only take so much of the keyboard warriors that have all the answers with 0 intel.

For anyone who knows folks on this SNAFU, please ask them to post their resolution/discussions on the now defunct roll call. Takes it mostly away from the trolls on the regular board.

You can only take so much of the keyboard warriors that have all the answers with 0 intel.

For anyone who knows folks on this SNAFU, please ask them to post their resolution/discussions on the now defunct roll call. Takes it mostly away from the trolls on the regular board.

Wow. Awfully harsh. I'm not sure who you feel is trolling. If this happened to me, yes, I'd be upset, but the next thing to do is find out what my options are to make lemonade from lemons.

Can I turn this into a land vacation? If I had already gone to Sydney for a couple days, what would it take to visit elsewhere in Australia (however I am limited)?

Without any facts, I don't know what else Royal could have done. Maybe they found out about whatever breakdown a day or two ago, but didn't know how severe it was, or that parts weren't readily available, or whatever. I'd rather think they company did their best than to think they're trying to screw me over.

But if you'd rather spend your time upset at folks wishing you well and giving suggestions, I hope you enjoy whatever vacation you decide. It seems like you need a break.

Yea, but I'm sure as hell going to ask. If it is just a clutch replacement (CHENG, chime in here somewhere) I think they do that regular dockside without a dry dock. Is there even a large enough dry dock in the area?

There are a number of large enough dry docks in the area - though whether they are available is another thing.

However, the regular dock is NOT available - there are already other ships with bookings there over that period, so they cannot be displaced.

I saw it as a suggestion, not "all the answers."

I wouldn't expect any one suggestion to suit everyone though, however, some it may help.

If we just criticise anyone from making any suggestions unless it covers everyone, then it's likely you won't get any suggestions at all.

There are a number of large enough dry docks in the area - though whether they are available is another thing.

However, the regular dock is NOT available - there are already other ships with bookings there over that period, so they cannot be displaced.

Probably not any options here anyway. Heard from someone who is onboard B2B. Basically, they were told - next cruise is cancelled - get off - see ya.

Nice. Kicked to the curb.

Becoming more and more typical conduct for RC. Their situational handling needs situational handling.

Beachin, I know that you carefully transcribed what you got, but someone posted the actual papers, so I thought I would share them here: (I don't mean to offend or pre-empt or in any way upset you. I wish you only the best. As I wrote in another post, I was on these cruises last year (I was actually doing a B6B), and this would have been VERY upsetting, no matter how much travel insurance I had)

29598227_2046649795623541_883119652152228683_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=37319656213095309dc0f728b80cb55f&oe=5B3174D9

29792428_2046649835623537_1666339306804986583_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7e0c31b276fa82aa356abbfae6cfbd10&oe=5B2FE7CC

29594929_2046649792290208_1139837933159020705_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f5fc34ffd1ebc81ab92ec8ce9e94b39&oe=5B6D05BE

there's a cyclone between Cairns and Brisbane so that wont help things either

there's a Naval Base at Sydney so they could do the repairs there if no navy ships there

They are doing the repairs in Newcastle.

Beachin, I know that you carefully transcribed what you got, but someone posted the actual papers, so I thought I would share them here: (I don't mean to offend or pre-empt or in any way upset you. I wish you only the best. As I wrote in another post, I was on these cruises last year (I was actually doing a B6B), and this would have been VERY upsetting, no matter how much travel insurance I had)

29598227_2046649795623541_883119652152228683_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=37319656213095309dc0f728b80cb55f&oe=5B3174D9

29792428_2046649835623537_1666339306804986583_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7e0c31b276fa82aa356abbfae6cfbd10&oe=5B2FE7CC

29594929_2046649792290208_1139837933159020705_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f5fc34ffd1ebc81ab92ec8ce9e94b39&oe=5B6D05BE

Thank you MM - I greatly appreciate you circling back and making sure we had the info. This is the 2nd "bucket list" cruise RC has bailed on us in the last 30 days ('19 Greek Isle B2B TA to PR), so it really stings, especially 3 days out. With the HC cabins we must book 2 years out. Not sure they get that.

Definitely understandable to be disappointed.

Let’s extend OP some empathy and leeway; he is frustrated and trying to find more info to figure out what to do. Sounds like he had air to Australia through Royal but doing 2 DIFFERENT cruises with a land component between. Since RCI cancelled the air he doesn’t know how to even get there for the land portion or second cruise. 99 our of 100 of us would be very stressed out now.

Hope it all works out.

Thank you MM - I greatly appreciate you circling back and making sure we had the info. This is the 2nd "bucket list" cruise RC has bailed on us in the last 30 days ('19 Greek Isle B2B TA to PR), so it really stings, especially 3 days out. With the HC cabins we must book 2 years out. Not sure they get that.

I'm not sure what your itinerary is/was, but if I had 10-11-12 extra days, and was getting on another cruise on April 17 to sail to Hawaii, I would get a local flight to New Zealand and spend the time there! AMAZING place.

Ok, it's close to duplicating our travel last year. You were supposed to go to NZ. Maybe you can still fly there?

Edited by Merion_Mom

We were booked on this cruise but are only flying in from Melbourne.

I cried when I heard.

Many people on our role call are coming in from the USA. This is for them a once in a lifetime cruise.

We are going to fly to Christchurch for a week.

It’s school holidays in Australia which makes it even harder to get flights.

I am onboard Radiance now. The issue only came to our notice yesterday when we were leaving Airlie Beach. The weather yesterday was hideous..tail end of a cyclone. The call had actually been cancelled the night before according to the tour operators then the Captain changed his mind on the morning and went in.This had the town on the hop as all extra staff in the shops etc had been told they weren't needed I would have been happy if it had been cancelled, it was so awful..most of the tours including the Barrier Reef were cancelled or changed.

It is not clear if the issue was a result of yesterday's weather or if some damage was done on arrival (the onboard rumor mill).

At departure the captain announced we would move out then drop anchor again to see if they could get it working. Over the next few hoursyou could hear and feel it starting up, then lots of a loud clunking noise and then it would stop again.

Apparently we stayed offshore from Airlie for quite a few hours.

Captain has said no impact on this cruise and we will still visit our last port Newcastle on Thursday and back to Sydney on Friday

I feel sad for everyone who has had their cruise cancelled at such short notice

About 10 years ago we had a Celebrity cruise cancelled THREE DAYS before departure. We live in Florida, cruise was out of Vancouver. I quickly made hotel reservations in Vancouver and Whistler and to this day we are SO HAPPY the cruise was canceled because it turned out to be one of the best vacations we have ever taken. You never know. Sorry about this change of events for you. I hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

this repair needs to be done as they can't get to Hawaii on a single pod.

Welcome to CC.

The ship could make it to Hawaii on a single pod, but like now, it would be limited to about 15 knots - kinda like a two engine jet plane can fly just fine on a single engine, though you wouldn't want to take off with just one.

Edited by Biker19

Captain has said no impact on this cruise and we will still visit our last port Newcastle on Thursday and back to Sydney on Friday.

According to others the repairs are to be done in Newcastle, so not sure if the ship will even sail to Sydney. According to Marinetraffic she's still over 100 north of Brisbane, not sure it will even get to Newcastle by Thursday morning at current speed.

3 days notice for this is ridiculous - surely they would have known about this earlier?

OP I hope you find another option.

It’s like a flat tire.... most of the time it just happens without warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk