Radiance cruise cancelled last minute

All well and good, but consider the refunds from Royal can take several weeks. People will still be out of pocket while here in Australia if they're waiting for their refund or travel insurance.

Yes, this. And for those who haven’t been out here, Australia is quite expensive. 11 days in Sydney would cost you thousands. Plus school holidays are starting which drives prices up.

They’re getting a refund for the cruise plus an FCC. The cruise refund should cover accommodation. They may be out some money depending on what they do but she said they were Americans so they’re getting a 30% currency discount too.

Currency discount???:o:o:o

Intersting!:confused::rolleyes:

How do you calculate it?:eek:

thank you Royal for sending a reminder email that there is “one more sleep” until we sail.....

Some things never change. My cancellation was in 2013 (on Celebrity, but the same reservation system). I got several last minute reminder and countdown e-mails from them.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All well and good, but consider the refunds from Royal can take several weeks. People will still be out of pocket while here in Australia if they're waiting for their refund or travel insurance.

Surprise - my refund (back to my AMEX card) showed up overnight. Must be some kind of speed record.

Our family did the 13 day NZ followed by the TP then 12 day Hawaii back in 2014 on the Radiance, if anyone is able to continue on but needs to spend additional days it can get very expensive with Hotels & food. We did 9 days post NZ until the Transpacific and stayed in the Meriton Apts so were able to split the cost but it was still over $1500. I am so happy to hear Royal is assisting everyone.

Well today was the day we were meant to cruise..........

Don't I know it. Just to twist the knife a little I got an automated email from American Airlines yesterday proudly letting me know that (my now cancelled flight) to Sydney was on time and expected to arrive early.

Don't I know it. Just to twist the knife a little I got an automated email from American Airlines yesterday proudly letting me know that (my now cancelled flight) to Sydney was on time and expected to arrive early.

I got that one too in a text message after I went to sleep on Wednesday morning while asleep. DW is a light sleeper and the vibrating phone woke her up. She was not a happy camper. Seems the automated messages should end when you cancel a flight. David

I got that one too in a text message after I went to sleep on Wednesday morning while asleep. DW is a light sleeper and the vibrating phone woke her up. She was not a happy camper. Seems the automated messages should end when you cancel a flight. David

Qantas sent a similar message......

I can't help thinking the RCI made the wrong decision to go into Airlie beach and tender. This mistake would have cost them millions of dollars. I know mistakes happen.

I can't help thinking the RCI made the wrong decision to go into Airlie beach and tender. This mistake would have cost them millions of dollars. I know mistakes happen.

It's unfortunate about your cruise. I appears you already feel it was the Captains fault? These Azipods should have been able to handle the situation in Airlie Beach. Using your logic, both should have failed. Its easy to pay arm chair QB and what if it to death.

While the refund and future cruise credit are acceptable, the $300 limit on changes/cancellation to international airfare is absurd. I am sure that does not even come close to the cost paid, and may even exceed the the amount spent on the cruise.

While the refund and future cruise credit are acceptable, the $300 limit on changes/cancellation to international airfare is absurd. I am sure that does not even come close to the cost paid, and may even exceed the the amount spent on the cruise.

It's the normal amount for a change fee. They're not looking at reimbursing you for air, just reimbursing you for the cost to change it to something else. What you do with your air credit is your business.

It's the normal amount for a change fee. They're not looking at reimbursing you for air, just reimbursing you for the cost to change it to something else. What you do with your air credit is your business.

Which is exactly the problem. The cost of the new airfare could negate the cruise refund and FCC.

$300 is for the change. You also pay the difference in the cost of the tickets.

Which is exactly the problem. The cost of the new airfare could negate the cruise refund and FCC.

$300 is for the change. You also pay the difference in the cost of the tickets.

Yes, but it's your choice where your replacement cruise will be. If you don't want to fly back to AU then don't. Paying the change fee is industry standard. They don't offer to fly you wherever in the world you feel like.

I agree. I don't understand why they changed their mind and went in. Most of the tours were cancelled or changed and I doubt anyone really enjoyed the torrential rain. Our tour was changed so.much we received a 50% refund. Perhaps the issue would not have happened if we had stayed away