Just boarded the Crown

antsp

It surprises me that the dry dock only lasted one week. We were on the sailing just prior to it, and the ship looked like it was in need of more than could possibly have been done in a week's time.

We were on it in January and agree that it needed more than a week. It was looking a bit tired. Didn't affect our cruise of course.

Ours either. We had a very nice time.

12.30 wed. Captain has been on tannoy apologiesing about the state of the ship

I hope I'm not the only one who had to google, "tannoy"!

I knew you were referring to public address system, but I've never heard the term before.

I hope I'm not the only one who had to google, "tannoy"!

I knew you were referring to public address system, but I've never heard the term before.

Must be a uk thing !! In common usage over here !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got on board, if you have any questions. Please ask.

Have the beds been changed with the new Luxury bed Princess has been marketing? What are they like??

Enjoy your travel across the pond.

We're on the CP in July - hoping everything will be ship-shape by then:)

We have an aft cabin on Caribe and feel everything looks fresh and new (including new beds and pillows which are very comfortable.) Pools are supposed to be filled over the next couple of days. There is a quite a bit of "dust" on the stairs in the Atrium from the new carpets but they are cleaning them frequently. Yesterday was a late departure and I'm sure many people had a long wait but we arrived around 3:30 and the lines were slow but moving. We were in our room by 4:30. Captain gave everyone a free drink at dinner as compensation. Overall, we are very pleased with the condition of the ship and looking forward to a great TA cruise!

We have an aft cabin on Caribe and feel everything looks fresh and new (including new beds and pillows which are very comfortable.) Pools are supposed to be filled over the next couple of days. There is a quite a bit of "dust" on the stairs in the Atrium from the new carpets but they are cleaning them frequently. Yesterday was a late departure and I'm sure many people had a long wait but we arrived around 3:30 and the lines were slow but moving. We were in our room by 4:30. Captain gave everyone a free drink at dinner as compensation. Overall, we are very pleased with the condition of the ship and looking forward to a great TA cruise!

Thanks! If you have a chance to post some pictures to see what the refurb'd CP looks like that would be great. We saw some pics of what she looked like in dry-dock and it looked like there was a lot of work in many areas!

Yes!!!! We scored a Caribe aft cabin as well. Enjoy!

I am on crown for the 25 day transatlantic on the 23 rd oct. but it makes a stop in Rome that passengers can disembark, so I assume some passengers can embark

We board in Rome 3/11 !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tannoy is a British manufacturer of Public Address systems. Like calling a vacuum cleaner a Hoover or a tissue a Kleenex.

Thanks.

To me it looked like a way of saying "to annoy" which is what PA systems often do.

Differences in English and American English always amuse me. Like you guys don't know what a Tannoy is, I was confused as heck when I first heard 'Saran Wrap'. We call it cling film, but you guys use the brand name like we do with Tannoy. I'm sure there's loads of others (don't get me started on 'chips' lol. Always a source of confusion when I'm in the USA!)

I'd love to see some pics from the refurbished areas if anyone has them? We are on her in Dec.

Internet is horrendous, if someone wants to gather up all the separate questions into one post I will try and answer. Can' ppromise when this is only the second time I can get online since Tuesday. I'll try answer the questions tomorrow Saturday