Pools and Music

Crystal Niffler

Quick question, is loud music played around the pools on Princess ships (Sapphire in particular)? Sincerely hoping the answer is NO.... just come off Britannia and the atmosphere around the pool was not dissimilar to that of an 18-30 party in Ibiza. Couldn't even escape to Serenity as the music could be heard there.

TIA and no more moaning from me;p;p;p:)

There is music played at various times such as when a band is playing in the pool area and when concerts are on the big screen. At other times I recall that there was background music on the Sapphire but I certainly don't recall it as being full on loud at all times.

There is music played at various times such as when a band is playing in the pool area and when concerts are on the big screen. At other times I recall that there was background music on the Sapphire but I certainly don't recall it as being full on loud at all times.

However you are lucky if you can find a lounge chair. You must get up early on sea days to reserve.

However you are lucky if you can find a lounge chair. You must get up early on sea days to reserve.

Sounds like every cruiseline we have sailed with and every land based holiday too dont suppose it will change.

One holiday company in the UK is starting a new way to book a package holiday where as an extra you can pay a fee to reserve a sunbed for the entire holiday. We will wait and see if it is popular but I cant really see it working on a ship. What would the passengers who like two each one in the sun and one in the shade do!

I never really understand why everyone seems to want the loungers around the pool when most dont even go in. Its always a bit too noisy for me.

I'm not sure about the Sapphire but all the other Princess ships seem to have either annoying sounds of some sort all day long. It starts mid morning with MUTS playing the morning show & progresses to movies & in the afternoon with a band plus pool games - all overly loud.

That's one of the reasons we always go to the retreat or sanctuary pool where we can relax in peace.

The Sapphire Princess has four pools.

Lap Pool, deck 15 and Terrace Pool, Deck 12 aft will not have any loud music, just background. These two pools are adults only.

The Calypso Reef Pool is an indoor pool with background music.

Neptune's Reef Pool has an outdoor (MUTS) movie screen that has programs going most of the day. It is also the pool where they could have sets of live bands and/or an active DJ. Of course outdoor pool entertainment really depends on your itinerary, and weather. If you are speaking about this coming summer in the Baltic, Northern Europe, Norway, there will not be too much sitting around the pools, and thus not very much live music. Too cool and too many port days. If you are speaking about warmer weather when the ship travels to Singapore, then there could be sets of live music by the pool.

I'm not sure about the Sapphire but all the other Princess ships seem to have either annoying sounds of some sort all day long. It starts mid morning with MUTS playing the morning show & progresses to movies & in the afternoon with a band plus pool games - all overly loud.

That's one of the reasons we always go to the retreat or sanctuary pool where we can relax in peace.

Agree.....wish Princess would quit with the day long movies by the main pool starting around 9:00 AM or 10:AM in the morning......music would be a great improvement over what they do now....nothing like trying to enjoy a relaxing day at sea by the pool and having a blaring movie like Geostorm or CHIPS blaring away ....seems paradoxical....:rolleyes:

Agree.....wish Princess would quit with the day long movies by the main pool starting around 9:00 AM or 10:AM in the morning......music would be a great improvement over what they do now....nothing like trying to enjoy a relaxing day at sea by the pool and having a blaring movie like Geostorm or CHIPS blaring away ....seems paradoxical....:rolleyes:

We have found that, at times, both the MUTS and the theater are over amped. Having hearing in only one ear, I tend to avoid the areas where they have the sound too high for my comfort. There are ample quiet spots to avoid the noise. On the Grand a few years back (Hawaii? , Mexico?) I had to move to a table in the far corner of Alfredo's to avoid the loud music coming from the Piazza. We have likewise found the same problem on other lines, so perhaps it is my own sensitivity at work.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for 24 days earlier this year. A number of days we had lunch at the grill which is by the pool. We did not notice any loud music.

We had to book the sanctuary for our last caribbean cruises on this ship- But IMO the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the seas, suite class has a special deck for suite passengers which is so much better and a better value then Princess.

Thank you for your replies folks, most appreciated. I appreciate that MUTS will be noisy, so will only be there if there is a movie on I wish to see. As long as the music is not loud enough to inhibit conversation, a la Britannia, I will cope!

When my kids (11 & 14) both complain that the music is too loud... that will give you an idea of what we had to suffer.

Should have said, we're on the Med Adventure, so the tips about the adult only pools being quiet is much appreciated!

Isn't this what is usually referred to as being a "chair hog"? Reserving loungers is definitely against the rules. I don't know why so many people feel the need to "reserve" a lounger near the pool when they often don't use either the pool or the lounger. I prefer a spot that is quieter and love loungers facing the sea or, especially, the loungers on the deck just above the covered pool which is a very relaxing location where I can read peacefully and am not in the blazing sun.

Thank you for your replies folks, most appreciated. I appreciate that MUTS will be noisy, so will only be there if there is a movie on I wish to see. As long as the music is not loud enough to inhibit conversation, a la Britannia, I will cope!

When my kids (11 & 14) both complain that the music is too loud... that will give you an idea of what we had to suffer.

Should have said, we're on the Med Adventure, so the tips about the adult only pools being quiet is much appreciated!

I tend to disagree with those others that have posted that MUTS / Music is loud. I don't have any hearing problems and think that the movies could stand a bit more volume ... just so you can hear them. I know Princess has received some complaints about the volume level in the past and thus, adjusted it way down. Ever since then, I've never had any problems with holding a conversation with either the music or MUTS playing in the background. As I mentioned, I think they could turn it up a little more and it would still be easy enough to hold a conversation with someone sitting nearby.