Allure -once luggage checked is any lost?

May seem like a stupid question. Soon on Allure -once luggage is checked in at pier, is any lost before gets to cabin?Is there any extra precaution we can make? We will be flying in with not only our regular luggage but bags with much vital medical equipment that we must watch like hawk on flight and till we get to pier. I know we need to keep Reg meds and valuables with us till get into cabin. But DH cannot carry around all the medical equipment luggage till get into cabin. If they did not we would be in crisis as are necessary. I will be on a scooter so cannot assist. We will have our luggage tags securely affixed with an extra copy in the bag. I had not seen any complaints but just wanted to ask.

Luggage can be lost. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. It can also be delayed in being delivered to your room.

If the equipment is vital, you should carry it on board (does your scooter have a basket) or perhaps put the equipment in a suitcase with wheels so that it can be wheeled on board.

....with much vital medical equipment that we must watch like hawk on flight and till we get to pier. I know we need to keep Reg meds and valuables with us till get into cabin. But DH cannot carry around all the medical equipment luggage till get into cabin. If they did not we would be in crisis as are necessary.

I am scared for you as you have made it crystal clear that this is VITAL medical equipment. Do what you have to do to keep it with you. The luggage could be delivered to your cabin as late as 8 pm.

May seem like a stupid question. Soon on Allure -once luggage is checked in at pier, is any lost before gets to cabin?Is there any extra precaution we can make? We will be flying in with not only our regular luggage but bags with much vital medical equipment that we must watch like hawk on flight and till we get to pier. I know we need to keep Reg meds and valuables with us till get into cabin. But DH cannot carry around all the medical equipment luggage till get into cabin. If they did not we would be in crisis as are necessary. I will be on a scooter so cannot assist. We will have our luggage tags securely affixed with an extra copy in the bag. I had not seen any complaints but just wanted to ask.

In your other posts, you have mentioned you are traveling with a large group. Can't some of the others help you bring on your vital medical equipment? Have you called the special needs department and asked if you can get access to your cabin early to drop off the excess luggage? I hope you are staying in an accessible cabin so that your scooter and equipment will fit in your cabin and still give you space to move around.

We will have 2 carryon suitcases with super vital medical equipment IVs and other stuff a 3rd with comfort medical equipment (I am not as worried about) and then DH will have the carryon suit case with reg meds and valuables as well as our 2 personal items. He cannot wheel 3 carry on suitcases and carry his backpack, I can carry my smaller personal bag. Our luggage has to get on or I have to off.

We will have 2 carryon suitcases with super vital medical equipment IVs and other stuff a 3rd with comfort medical equipment (I am not as worried about) and then DH will have the carryon suit case with reg meds and valuables as well as our 2 personal items. He cannot wheel 3 carry on suitcases and carry his backpack, I can carry my smaller personal bag. Our luggage has to get on or I have to off.

Have you even cleared all this with the cruise line?

Have the others in your group help you. You said in other posts that there are 14 of you, can't someone else help your husband?

In your other posts, you have mentioned you are traveling with a large group. Can't some of the others help you bring on your vital medical equipment? Have you called the special needs department and asked if you can get access to your cabin early to drop off the excess luggage? I hope you are staying in an accessible cabin so that your scooter and equipment will fit in your cabin and still give you space to move around.

We are in accessible cabin. Did not ask about special arrangement for luggage wanted to ask here first as had not heard about an issue. Had to make all those arrangements for flight TSA etc... We are only ones flying in. They are driving and small children in tow and timing will not sync up. I had not heard issue with luggage.The Vital medical equipment will not be needed till later at night. The items needed before we will keep in luggage DW has with him. Guess another call to RCCL to see they can help treat specially. There is no way DH can lug around that much w/o porters cart.

After getting of it all there through flights and through TSA is hard enough, and airlines are famous for misplacing luggage. Since never heard about luggage misplaced from pier except luggage with lost luggage tag issue. Just wanted to be reassured. NOT REASSURED!

We are in accessible cabin. Did not ask about special arrangement for luggage wanted to ask here first as had not heard about an issue. Had to make all those arrangements for flight TSA etc... We are only ones flying in. They are driving and small children in tow and timing will not sync up. I had not heard issue with luggage.The Vital medical equipment will not be needed till later at night. The items needed before we will keep in luggage DW has with him. Guess another call to RCCL to see they can help treat specially. There is no way DH can lug around that much w/o porters cart.

After getting of it all there through flights and through TSA is hard enough, and airlines are famous for misplacing luggage. Since never heard about luggage misplaced from pier except luggage with lost luggage tag issue. Just wanted to be reassured. NOT REASSURED!

Every line I've ever cruised has been pretty clear that anything medically necessary should be carried on and NOT checked.

Call Special Needs and see if they can help you, but I bet they say you should bring all your medical equipment on with you.

Has your group changed? You were traveling with kids that were going to be using the zip line and the flowrider. If they are old enough to use the flowrider and the zip line, they are old enough to understand that Grandma travels with a lot of medical equipment and the family needs to get Grandma and Grandpa on the ship. Timing can be made to work, if you want it to work.

As others have said, sometimes luggage is not delivered until after 8pm - longer if it's send to the naughty room, which I'd imagine could easily happen to bags filled with medical equipment. The ship would have already set sail by then, and you'd be stuck on board for at least one night without your "vital" equipment.

If it's truly that vital, find a way to carry it onboard with you like the cruise line will almost 100% tell you. You should never trust anything vital to your life to a system that leaves it open to disappearing.

Have you even cleared all this with the cruise line?

Of course cleared with cruise line. Just like last X Cruise except AA is insisting we put the medical luggage in smaller carryon suitcases so three suitcases instead of one larger suitcase holding it all and now since the state of Allure beds requires mattresses and a pillow too. Of course my own personal, non official medical carryon we expected to lug around will have the meds for both of us we would not let out of our sight as well as valuables. RCCL will have to come up with something. If airline has to let the medical luggage fly free surely we can get some assistance to see that this medical luggage no one would want if knew what was in it should be an issue. But since will have a medical luggage tag on each might make someone curious. Much will be used up by end of the cruise. When I call they may act like I am worrying for nothing but now I am worried.

Once again I say contact Special Access. These people will bring a porter from onboard the ship and transfer your luggage directly to your stateroom. You can walk with them. We have done this for the last three cruises and it is pretty seamless. You just need to coordinate between Special Access and the Port Agents. We were assigned a porter who walked us through security and the luggage was transferred to a different type dolly so it would fit through the hallways and taken directly to our room. The cruise line wants you there and they will help. We have done this at both Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. Here is a link to the contact form:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Good Luck! PS This has nothing to do with your group. It is between you and Royal Caribbean.

It concerns me that you feel Royal Caribbean " Has to come up with something." I honestly don't think they have to if they don't have a policy for what you are demanding.

The best solution is to arrive at the port after the cabins are open so you can perhaps get someone on the ship to help you once onboard. I realize there is a lot to this and I do feel sorry for your husband, but if as other mentioned, you are traveling with a lot of others, I can't believe there aren't people who are in your group that can't help as I'm sure they are aware of your husband's medical problems. If you get to the ship after the cabins are open, perhaps someone in your group can meet you when you board and take the medical equipment to the cabin.

I do hope there is a solution for you, but, honestly, I don't think it's all up to Royal Caribbean if you have others that can help and won't because they have kids etc. I don't know that the laws getting the medical equipment to your cabin would be the same as not paying fees to transport medical equipment on a plane. Those, to me, are two separate issues. JMO.

Unfortunately, no one on CC can help you. Can luggage be lost? Maybe, nothing is guaranteed. It is highly unlikely because it goes from the porters to the ship. But you should contact special needs department. This is what they are there for and I have always had a good experience when dealing with them. They go out of their way to help whenever they can.

Once again I say contact Special Access. These people will bring a porter from onboard the ship and transfer your luggage directly to your stateroom. You can walk with them. We have done this for the last three cruises and it is pretty seamless. You just need to coordinate between Special Access and the Port Agents. We were assigned a porter who walked us through security and the luggage was transferred to a different type dolly so it would fit through the hallways and taken directly to our room. The cruise line wants you there and they will help. We have done this at both Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. Here is a link to the contact form:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Good Luck! PS This has nothing to do with your group. It is between you and Royal Caribbean.

Thank you very much for the info. Your info really helped. I am glad I thought to double check because with airline insisting packing differently made unmanageable.

You are asking for a service I doubt they offer. Your family you are traveling with should be the ones to help you not the cruise line. Sorry if that sounds harsh but if yiur family cannot set aside a couple of hours ( I say this since you say they are not arriving with you) to help get you on the ship then they are selfish. Sorry but that's my feeling on the situation. Any andalla medical equipment as well as medications should not leave your sight

It concerns me that you feel Royal Caribbean " Has to come up with something." I honestly don't think they have to if they don't have a policy for what you are demanding.

The best solution is to arrive at the port after the cabins are open so you can perhaps get someone on the ship to help you once onboard. I realize there is a lot to this and I do feel sorry for your husband, but if as other mentioned, you are traveling with a lot of others, I can't believe there aren't people who are in your group that can't help as I'm sure they are aware of your husband's medical problems. If you get to the ship after the cabins are open, perhaps someone in your group can meet you when you board and take the medical equipment to the cabin.

I do hope there is a solution for you, but, honestly, I don't think it's all up to Royal Caribbean if you have others that can help and won't because they have kids etc. I don't know that the laws getting the medical equipment to your cabin would be the same as not paying fees to transport medical equipment on a plane. Those, to me, are two separate issues. JMO.

Just so you know, Royal is the one who asked us to arrive early so we are flying in the day before on their recommendation to see all gets in and meet with dining staff early as they asked us to come in to do. Our party will arrive later so cannot help. TA conferred with them prior to our booking. Airline doing things a little different than before so complicates things. They know about the luggage and how is coming I just trusted them before, so had not dealt with that extra issue but will do so now. I just know where there is legal obligation and a real need there should be a way to get it accomplished.

Got it guys. Before I felt like they might be trustworthy w/o asking one more special thing. Better safe than sorry though. On CC if a problem exists you usually hear complaints. I am well warned now. Very familiar with special needs dept but they also have been telling some incorrect info too. Ship will help us handle I am sure. DONE.

Just so you know, Royal is the one who asked us to arrive early so we are flying in the day before on their recommendation to see all gets in and meet with dining staff early as they asked us to come in to do. Our party will arrive later so cannot help. TA conferred with them prior to our booking. Airline doing things a little different than before so complicates things. They know about the luggage and how is coming I just trusted them before, so had not dealt with that extra issue but will do so now. I just know where there is legal obligation and a real need there should be a way to get it accomplished.

As previously stated making sure your medical equipment gets to your room ultamintly lies with you and your family. The fact you say the others in your party can't help is selfish on their part. Have you even asked them of someone can meet you to help?