Musings on Mariner - A slow boat from China

Is the smoking side starboard on Mariner now? Same side as the the free soft serve?
Correct, never thought of it that way.

Doghouse is over on port side.

I guess the cones are usually picked up on the go vs sitting down to have a bratwurst

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Correct, never thought of it that way.

Doghouse is over on port side.

I guess the cones are usually picked up on the go vs sitting down to have a bratwurst

Adventure used to be starboard too, but had changed to port as of last month. Much nicer when getting the ice cream.

What time is it on the ship now?

Adventure used to be starboard too, but had changed to port as of last month. Much nicer when getting the ice cream.

What time is it on the ship now?

Around 3pm. Final progressive trivia at 4:30.

We are in 3rd place, around ten points off the leader. I think this round will be 10 pts per question, so we're still in it.

Forgot to add that ice cream is not self serve.

They also had a server for the espresso machine in DL a few days ago. That's probably a good idea, much quicker turnaround

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Around 3pm. Final progressive trivia at 4:30.

We are in 3rd place, around ten points off the leader. I think this round will be 10 pts per question, so we're still in it.

Forgot to add that ice cream is not self serve.

They also had a server for the espresso machine in DL a few days ago. That's probably a good idea, much quicker turnaround

So you're only 9 hours ahead of us. I expected more of a difference.

We had a crewmember serving the ice cream recently too. Don't remember which ship, but not Adventure. The line moved faster and the area around the machines was much cleaner.

So you're only 9 hours ahead of us. I expected more of a difference.

We had a crewmember serving the ice cream recently too. Don't remember which ship, but not Adventure. The line moved faster and the area around the machines was much cleaner.

We're just east of Oman.

What did you upgrade from? I have an S8. I'm pretty happy with it.

The S8 particularly with the last updates has nearly the same power saving/battery specs as the S9. At least in their ad, the camera seems to be the major improvement, though my S8 seems to do better than my wife's S7. I'll let her upgrade first this time.

Ok, anybody know what this door is for?

Deck 9 starboard aft. Just outside CL.

56cb704be66c6429a9c2dcc1e637f5e1.jpg

That extra door outside the CL (that goes into the CL) was always there on Mariner when we were on board also. Plus same set up on Freedom. Never could understand why they needed a second access door. I think Legend had a second door into the CL also. But you are saying this is a third glass door in the same area? Strange indeed, and has been too long as I don't remember that door.

Of course that will disappear during dry dock as they add those inside cabins and tear out the CL. Bye-bye CL. :loudcry:

Edited by island lady

I always though it was a way for the crew to enter the CL from crew corridors in order to service the CL.

No, those second glass doors on Mariner (soon to be gone) and Freedom are right next to each other coming off the same area. One on each side of the concierge desk. Very odd. I am sure John will finally ask what they are for? :confused: On the former Legend, they were coming off the same hallway also, but further apart. Very strange.

On Oasis in the former CL (now DL) there is a crew only access interior door behind the happy-tiser/coffee area that I remember.