Trx on balcony

Lz2cruise

Not much to attach to on the balcony. Perhaps the door, but I’m not too sure that would work well.

Run/walk the interior stairs for a hour or so in the very early morning. I will see you. As the only others around are a few drunks sleeping in the hallways and a few crew cleaning.

I vaguely recall mention of TRX classss in the fitness center on some ships.

I have not had much luck finding good, structural mounting places for a hammock - there is not a gap between the beams and the deck above.

Not much to attach to on the balcony. Perhaps the door, but I’m not too sure that would work well.

Run/walk the interior stairs for a hour or so in the very early morning. I will see you. As the only others around are a few drunks sleeping in the hallways and a few crew cleaning.

Really? I find that hard to believe on a Princess cruise. I guess I just don't take the right cruises.

There are frequently folks (men and women) sleeping in the hallway or on the couches across from Explorers at 4 and 5am. I shouldn’t judge that the reason they are taking a nap is because of over consumption, but it does seem likely. Maybe they had a long hard day in port? :)

Sadly, I’m sure I know a few other reasons for their lack of presence in their staterooms. :(

I do TRX at the gym and I think it would be hard to do comfortably on a Princess balcony, even if you can find a place to hook it. The balconies are pretty tiny.

I agree. I think the only way possible on the balcony is if it's a Vista or Owners suite and even that would be tight with the furniture out there. There are pipes overhead but not sure how strong they are.

Princess at one point had trx instructors on board and the related equipment. Out of curiosity I Googled Princess TRX and there were many hits. You may not even need to bring your own.

IIRC, since they used to (or maybe still) do TRX in the gym, there are overhead attach points for your TRX equipment. Otherwise, you do have a larger balcony on Caribe and there is a sprinkler pipe running above but as another poster pointed out, the strength is unknown.

There are frequently folks (men and women) sleeping in the hallway or on the couches across from Explorers at 4 and 5am. I shouldn’t judge that the reason they are taking a nap is because of over consumption, but it does seem likely. Maybe they had a long hard day in port? :)

Sadly, I’m sure I know a few other reasons for their lack of presence in their staterooms. :(

Guess I do not get out at 4 and 5 am much:)

Otherwise, you do have a larger balcony on Caribe and there is a sprinkler pipe running above but as another poster pointed out, the strength is unknown.

Do not (repeat, do not) attach anything to any overhead pipe on the balcony.

On the Princess cruises I've been on, you had to pay to join the TRX classes. However, as others have already pointed out, the attachment points are there so if you were to bring your own TRX straps, I don't see why you couldn't use the attachment points in the gym as long as you weren't interfering with another scheduled class.

Do not (repeat, do not) attach anything to any overhead pipe on the balcony.

Of course i wouldnt hang anything from a pipe or electric or waterline. That is why i asked of the existance of structural elements.

Thankyou anyway for pointing this out, you are right, it would be a mess if a water line broke in a balcony.

Just thought it would be nice to workout in the open air in the privacy of my balcony instead of being inside a closed space. I know in a regular balcony it would be almost impossible but in a large balcony it could be possible.

Well, we´ll see what happens,

Happy sailings to all :)