AQ to Sky Suite

Opportunity to move from an A1 (great location) to a Sky Suite Guarantee for an additional $900.00 (would keep same perks that I have with addition of upgrade to premium beverage and internet). Cruise is a 7-day on an M Class. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For myself, I would do it. For some point of reference I have cruised in AQ and a Sky Suite on M class. ETA: Be forewarned that the Sky Suite Guarantees are almost always assigned the handicapped cabins. The bathroom is very large, but, very little counter space.

I think it's worth it for Luminae and Michael's Club.

Carolyn

Totally agree , I thought both were amazing , suite perks much better than other cruise lines like rccl and Hal. Service in both was great , free drinks from morning to midnight in michaels plus concierge , service and food was really good in Luminae.

That is $130 extra per day.

We were recently in a SS. The first time for us and normally we sail in AQ.

We found Micheals to be dead and useless with the premium package.

If you really need the internet you can get the package when you board. That and the premium upgrade

Luminae was nice but you can get a dining pack that brings the cost down for the specialty restuarants to less that $30 and dine there every night.

We didn’t utilize the butler and that was mainly our fault but we aren’t the type that wants someone to do something that we can do ourselves. We would stop and get a coffee from Cafe al Bacio on the way to Luminae and on the way back.

I didn’t like the shower being in the bathtub. I have great balance but standing in a bathtub with a sloped slippery bottom is rather dangerous on a rocking ship. I don’t know why but it is also a large step over the tub to get in and out.

Personally I don’t think it is worth that much extra if you are in AQ. Blu is nice but Luminae isn’t that much better. That is my opinion and really not worth much.

Best is to do it as you will never know unless you give it a try especially if you feel you can afford it, that is what we did and we won’t be going back unless it is a reasonable amount over AQ. We have also booked a veranda over AQ because of the cost differential.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Is it $900 for both or $900 pp?

Michaels is ok but not much going on; with a beverage package we probably would not go to Michaels. On a repo with no beverage package then Michaels is a plus. If it’s $900 for the cabin & you want to try a suite then go for it. Luminae is nice and on a M class with not much in the way of speciality restaurants Luminae is a plus but not sure it’s worth $900 on a 7 night cruise.

The Sky Suites on the M class ships are small, not much larger than your AQ cabin.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Sorry, should have made clear ... it is $900 total ($450 each). We normally Cruise in a balcony cabin (mostly in AQ) and have never been in a suite ... so don't know if the $130 a day is worth it. Not sure what to do with a butler, very happy with Blu (don't go to specialty restaurants unless it is a "special" evening, i.e., birthday etc), and have the Classic Beverage Package as a perk already. We currently have an Aft Cabin (1141 with large balcony) booked. Thanks again for all the comments. I must let TA know this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JerseyGirlatHeart

You will rarely see pricing this good for a suite. If you are interested in cruising in a suite, now is the time to do it. I think Luminae and Michaels is worth it. If you spend a lot of time on the balcony and size is important, you may not be happy with the change. Let us know what you decide.

In my previous post I thought it was $900 pp.

With all the extra perks and more SBC if you are using a future cruise certificate the $60 plus extra/day pp comes down to to less than $30. Extra Captain Club points are a bonus if you need or care about them. If you consider the go best option that normally costs $45/day pp it is even less.

I would do it for $900 total just for the experience to see what the hype is about and what we are missing and to keep from second guessing and thinking that we should have.

I know many say that it is hard to go back but not really as you may find that it is easier and also save yourself some money later on by not booking a suite at a higher price because you wish that you did it when you had the (now) chance.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had 1141 three times on the Summit. On that balcony was 2 loungers and 2 chairs. And will be in 1140 on the Infinity in Oct after a cruise on the Equinox.

We loved it. We could walk down the adjacent outside stair case to the bar and get drinks and or go into the buffet for snacks or food to take back and enjoy on the balcony. We had a nice overhang covering 1/2 so we could have sun or shade and protection from the rain.

Hint if you keep it. Get extra towels from the pool to build a damn next to the shower because the doors leak very bad and flood the floor.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Opportunity to move from an A1 (great location) to a Sky Suite Guarantee for an additional $900.00 (would keep same perks that I have with addition of upgrade to premium beverage and internet). Cruise is a 7-day on an M Class. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would take it. Wish we would have been offered same. We have AQ and there are no handicapped rooms (my husband is disabled) My brother and sister in law have a suite and we wanted to join them in Luminae for dinner each night but suite was much more. My second choice was the aft AQ balcony (all taken) so either way you have great options. We are sailing 5/13 to Bermuda..let me know if you decide to give up your Aft balcony if that is your cruise. Enjoy whatever you decide.

I would take it. Wish we would have been offered same. We have AQ and there are no handicapped rooms (my husband is disabled) My brother and sister in law have a suite and we wanted to join them in Luminae for dinner each night but suite was much more. My second choice was the aft AQ balcony (all taken) so either way you have great options. We are sailing 5/13 to Bermuda..let me know if you decide to give up your Aft balcony if that is your cruise. Enjoy whatever you decide.

OP is on the June 10th sailing.

I think it's worth it for Luminae and Michael's Club.

Carolyn

I would agree, however since it's a 'guarantee' the location isn't known until it's assigned. Not all Sky suites have good locations (some are under dining rooms), but Micheal's and Luminae would certainly sell us for the trip.

I guess for me part of the question would be - were you planning on upgrading to premium beverage and purchasing internet anyway? Then the answer is probably yes. If not, for me it would not be worth it. I honestly prefer Blu to Luminae (I know I am in the minority), and while Michael's club is nice I didn't find it any big deal. Don't get me wrong - I love suites (have only sailed in them a couple of times). I love the extra space and the bigger balcony. And I do agree that it maybe is a good price for a suite (we can't say that for sure as we don't know what you paid for your AQ to begin with), but also IMHO suites are way overpriced. Once again I know I am not necessarily in the majority with that opinion.

If you have never tried a suite on Celebrity since luminae/michael's were added as enhancements, I'd do the change although if in 1140/41/38, I'd think about it for a while since the suite locations aren't as good. Certainly the price is right. Assume you will get one of the handicapped sky suites.

I have just done this very thing! Have just changed our Equinox booking for August from aqua to an S2. We gain premium beverage package and unlimited internet and OBC. We have picked an aft suite. I feel the upgrade was definitely worth it to avail of the suite perks. Haven’t been in a sky suite before just a celebrity suite. Absolutely over the moon and doing the cruise happy dance today! Hope you make the right decision for yourself. I’d go for it!

The balcony on the SS2 suites on the Mclass ships are quite small, we have been in 3 different ones & only 2 chairs. There were no loungers or footstools as there wasn’t room. Not sure I would give up the large balcony of 1141. But we use our balcony a lot.

Thanks to all. TA came back with $810 total for the upgrade. Tough choice, but stuck with the AQ Aft 1141 cabin. Deciding factors: We spend a lot of time on the balcony, already have the classic drink package which is fine for us, we cruise to get away from the internet, and already have $750 in OBC. Hope I don’t kick myself later for not going for the suite.

Thanks to all. TA came back with $810 total for the upgrade. Tough choice, but stuck with the AQ Aft 1141 cabin. Deciding factors: We spend a lot of time on the balcony, already have the classic drink package which is fine for us, we cruise to get away from the internet, and already have $750 in OBC. Hope I don’t kick myself later for not going for the suite.

Nope, good decision. Balcony size is important to us too so I would have made the same choice. I spend a lot of time out there.

And yea, I'd love to try a suite but wouldn't risk having a small balcony.

enjoy

I think you totally lucked out. Last year in the Luminae restaurant we met two different couples during our cruise who had purchased a guarantee sky suites and ended up with accessible suites which they were very unsatisfied with.

I think you totally lucked out. Last year in the Luminae restaurant we met two different couples during our cruise who had purchased a guarantee sky suites and ended up with accessible suites which they were very unsatisfied with.

My wife and I did a Suite GTY and were assigned a S1, I went online and changed the cabin to a corner aft S1 loved it.