INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

They are trying to blast everyone out of the lounges by serving all of this rotgut. Someone in purchasing is laughing their a off.

The problem with that strategy is that they are also forcing their full suite passengers to drink the swill that they pour. I know that AA serve a better variety of wine in business than they sell in coach and an even better variety in first. It would be nice if RCI would do the same.

This is an interesting and amusing thread. Let me ask all of you well to do B2B2B cruisers. Do any of you EVER purchase a drink outside of your three freebies? We will never be diamond, we are regular people with jobs, meaning we vacation once a year. We purchase drink packages, it simply allows us to better manage vacation finances. When we’re at a bar during the well to do Diamond’s happy hours, we see people we never otherwise see at the bar. Would you actually have that drink if it wasn’t free? Somehow, I think not. The cruise lines have followed the lead of the airlines. Remember United’s double and triple miles? People were flying free all over the world. Now, we pay for our luggage to fly with us and we may get a bag of chips in coach. The planes always fly to full capacity. The cruise lines need new blood. They need a constant flow of new customers. Handing out free drinks to people who brag about spending nothing on the ships isn’t what the cruise lines need.

It’s interesting that the same people complaining about their lack of private space to have free drinks from RCCL will also be the first ones to tell everyone to NEVER use the cruise lines shore excursion, or always brag of bringing aboard their own bottled water or soda. You want it both ways. You want an inexpensive but exclusive for YOU only vacation.

You should be grateful that RCCL gives you three free drinks per day. They don’t have to do that. I’m sure it will end soon.

We buy a drink package. RCI give Pinnacles 40% off, and it’s worth it to me to enjoy what I’m drinking. If we are in the CL, which won’t have any upgraded labels, the bartenders will offer to fetch what we want from a nearby bar. If they are slammed (as they usually are, at least until early seating folks have departed), one of us will take both Seapasses across or down the hall and get what we want.

Had no problem getting Tito’s in CL on both Serenade and Brilliance. I had the Drink Package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they walk across the hall to the Vortex to get it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had no problem getting Tito’s in CL on both Serenade and Brilliance. I had the Drink Package.

Huge difference when you send one of the bartenders off to VCL while everyone else waits for drinks served in the Club. Tito's has never been inside the Club on any Radiance class ship I've been on.

I hope you tipped them well.

We need a STICKY at the top of the Royal Caribbean page to stop these moronic "announcements".

Perhaps another idea for a "sticky" should be Remember to Be Kind. Some of us are here to learn about the different ships, pick up a tip, read a review, etc. If a member feels they have repeatedly answered the same question or that a post is beneath their level of intelligence, it's really quite simple - they can scroll passed it. If someone chooses to reply to a post in the spirit of helping others, that's great and very much appreciated. What's not so great, in my opinion, is referring to a post as "moronic" and then following up with a so-called English lesson, or for members to be referring to other members as insecure or envious.

It's tiresome, and often upsetting, to sift through page after page of insults and condescending comments in order to find a nugget of pertinent info or to complete a thread. Is it too much to ask that we all treat each other the way we want to be treated on this forum?

Huge difference when you send one of the bartenders off to VCL while everyone else waits for drinks served in the Club. Tito's has never been inside the Club on any Radiance class ship I've been on.

I hope you tipped them well.

Always tip well. Typically Tito’s shows up on night 2.

Did they walk across the hall to the Vortex to get it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Have no clue where it comes from. Brilliance actually had it at the bar the first night but drinks were not complimentary on that cruise. Only drink packages were honored in the CL/DL.

Typically first night conversation goes like this.... Waiter... what would you like to drink.. me .. I would love a Tito’s on the rocks but will settle for a xxx. Then we start them off with a good get to know you tip. Waiter... could I see your SeaPass Me..... sure... (looking to see if I have the package). Generally next night a bottle of Tito’s is at the bar.

I don’t ask for Tito’s in the DL, only CL and SL. Always have Drink Package, always tip well, and stay in a full Suite. One of those three must matter.

This is not new, it's already happened to Oasis, Allure, Liberty, and Adventure. I don't think they will be changing the policy.

And yet I have received the welcome email from the Adventure Concierge welcoming me aboard ( the week before the week, this Friday, I am actually sailing ) welcoming us onboard and describing our access to the Suite lounge. We are Diamond + but in a JR Suite not considered a real suite. But like I said he also has us sailing the week before so I will not be surprised to find that we do not have suite lounge access.

But then we are Pending Gold on one RCL page, Diamond + on another. Yep RCL running a real airline operation now. God bless computers and company execs that believe computers actually replace real people. GIGO bet CEO never head of that old computer adage. Garbage IN, garbage OUT.

From our welcome email.

Use of the Suite Lounge, Deck 14 mid-ship.

· Use of the Suite Lounge, Deck 14 mid-ship

Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and

complimentary bar set-up served in the Suite

Lounge every evening before and after dinner

from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Please not that

these items are for consumption within the

Suite Lounge only.

George in NY - sailing Friday if computer lets me

And yet I have received the welcome email from the Adventure Concierge welcoming me aboard ( the week before the week, this Friday, I am actually sailing ) welcoming us onboard and describing our access to the Suite lounge. We are Diamond + but in a JR Suite not considered a real suite.

I have a feeling that policy error will be rectified on board.

There is stil a Diamond lounge on all ships (other than Majesty and Empress). It’s the Concierge lounge that they are eliminating. You woukdn’t have been able to use the CL lounge anyway as it was for D+, Pinnacle and Suites.

Where do you get your Cafe Latte on the Majesty??

Perhaps another idea for a "sticky" should be Remember to Be Kind. Some of us are here to learn about the different ships, pick up a tip, read a review, etc. If a member feels they have repeatedly answered the same question or that a post is beneath their level of intelligence, it's really quite simple - they can scroll passed it. If someone chooses to reply to a post in the spirit of helping others, that's great and very much appreciated. What's not so great, in my opinion, is referring to a post as "moronic" and then following up with a so-called English lesson, or for members to be referring to other members as insecure or envious.

It's tiresome, and often upsetting, to sift through page after page of insults and condescending comments in order to find a nugget of pertinent info or to complete a thread. Is it too much to ask that we all treat each other the way we want to be treated on this forum?

(y)

(y)(y)(y)(y)

I have been on CC for over 13 years now and do not understand some of my fellow long-time posters who believe it is for them to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not. Yes, there are topics that come up very frequently but that is the nature of the beast. If you cannot contribute meaningfully to a thread, move on.We were all newbies at some point, but I think a few have forgotten that. I will say the mods are really good about removing nasty posts when reported, its just a shame it is so necessary, and that some have been allowed to continue to post after having numerous remarks removed.

We need a STICKY at the top of the Royal Caribbean page to stop these moronic "announcements".

As a relative newcomer to CC myself I can empathise with you,some posters are excellent while some are quick to criticise.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

(y)

(y)(y)(y)(y)

I have been on CC for over 13 years now and do not understand some of my fellow long-time posters who believe it is for them to decide which posts are appropriate and which are not. Yes, there are topics that come up very frequently but that is the nature of the beast. If you cannot contribute meaningfully to a thread, move on.We were all newbies at some point, but I think a few have forgotten that. I will say the mods are really good about removing nasty posts when reported, its just a shame it is so necessary, and that some have been allowed to continue to post after having numerous remarks removed.

Totally agree.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app