INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

Finlandia :eek: I wish. Lithuanian Gold Vodka is the replacement for Nieu Amsterdam

I find it funny that folks talk about "low end" vodka as if there's a real diff between any of them.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/590022606/is-there-really-a-difference-between-expensive-vodka-and-cheap-vodka

Biker, who is impressed that the post whoring has finally taken off in this thread.

The other interesting thing we note, especially on RCCL ships....is how many of the elites cruise in the cheapest cabin possible. Just an observation.

We have met quiet a few d+ and pinnacles that travel in grand suites and higher. Know a couple of pinnacles that cruise 8+ times a year in crown lofts or higher category cabins.

Met two other couples on our last oasis cruise that were cruising in crown lofts. One couple was d+ and the other was pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I find it funny that folks talk about "low end" vodka as if there's a real diff between any of them.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/590022606/is-there-really-a-difference-between-expensive-vodka-and-cheap-vodka

Biker, who is impressed that the post whoring has finally taken off in this thread.

Pretty sure I had no issues with the alternatives.

Now Laura and the Berringer replacement [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wait... I never called it “rotgut”. That was a quote by another member here, not me.

As far as Vodka goes, NA and Finlandia are low end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t drink much vodka except in my Bloody Mary when I have an early morning tee time. Vodka is pretty much just straight alcohol with water added to it. In my bar, I have bottles of vodka ranging from 10 bucks to 70 bucks, and to me other than the flavored ones all taste pretty much the same to me. My wife likes the orange vodka and favorite is probably Stoli ohrange, but other than Hanger One (OMG that has a nasty after taste) they are all mostly similar, but that is the added flavor talking not the vodka. I guess, I am in the skeptical that NA tastes significantly different than Titos or Grey Goose ( my favorite as it appeals to the snob in me since it French).

BTW there is Titos in my Bloody Marys for tomorrow morning, premixed them, put a bag of olives and cherry peppers, celery sticks in the fridge to grab first thing in the morning as I head off for a round, they will go in my golf bag for serving on about hole 3. Tee time 7:30AM. Titos, that super premium vodka is like $22 for a 1.75 liter at my Sam’s club. 2 cups of vodka for 4 cups of zing zang (love that mix) are in two metal containers. I am betting that NA and Titos taste almost the same in a Bloody Mary.

But I have not done a double blind study on this.

JC

I don’t drink much vodka except in my Bloody Mary when I have an early morning tee time. Vodka is pretty much just straight alcohol with water added to it. In my bar, I have bottles of vodka ranging from 10 bucks to 70 bucks, and to me other than the flavored ones all taste pretty much the same to me. My wife likes the orange vodka and favorite is probably Stoli ohrange, but other than Hanger One (OMG that has a nasty after taste) they are all mostly similar, but that is the added flavor talking not the vodka. I guess, I am in the skeptical that NA tastes significantly different than Titos or Grey Goose ( my favorite as it appeals to the snob in me since it French).

BTW there is Titos in my Bloody Marys for tomorrow morning, premixed them, put a bag of olives and cherry peppers, celery sticks in the fridge to grab first thing in the morning as I head off for a round, they will go in my golf bag for serving on about hole 3. Tee time 7:30AM. Titos, that super premium vodka is like $22 for a 1.75 liter at my Sam’s club. 2 cups of vodka for 4 cups of zing zang (love that mix) are in two metal containers. I am betting that NA and Titos taste almost the same in a Bloody Mary.

JC

Seriously, jc. I am not a booze hound or connoisseur (take your pick on the designation), but as I stated before, New Amsterdam tastes like paint thinner. It is just plain nasty. You can't disguise it with a little mixer, either. My solution is to drink Jack Daniels or Jameson's. I have decided that I prefer the latter over the former.

JC

I can tast the difference between NA and the costco brand vodka. NA leaves an aftertaste compared to the better brands like titos and kirkland brand. I am no vodka snob but i can taste the difference between them. But i buy kirkland brand vodka at $12 for 1.75 liter bottle.

But hey if royal is buying i am drinking. Though i will voice my opinion on these forums and in private from time to time.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

But do you ask where they're from or what they do for a living? [emoji6]

We ask people where they live,and most people like talking about themselves and offer information about themselves freely but I wouldn't just ask them what they do or did for a living.

Sport, cruising and vacation destinations are big interests for me.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

I guess I'm one of the Elites you seem unhappy with. Here are my last 12 months of cruising. Hardly the cheap seats.

3/27/2017 Southern 10 Serenade 1602 JS Aft 4/7/2017 Southern 11 Serenade 1556 RS Royal St 4/22/2017 Western 7 Rhapsody 8102 JS Aft 4/29/2017 East TA 14 Rhapsody 8596 JS Aft 8/25/2017 Bahamas 3 Majesty 9076 SO Outside 9/4/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 1078 JS Junior St 9/10/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 9/17/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 9/24/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 11273 Q Inside 10/8/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 10/15/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 10/23/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 1088 JS Junior St 10/23/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 7541 M Inside 10/29/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 11/9/2017 West TA 14 Brilliance 4523 N Inside 12/3/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 12629 C1 Balcony 12/10/2017 Western 7 Oasis 12629 C1 Balcony 1/5/2018 Bahamas 3 Majesty 9082 SO Outside 1/28/2018 Eastern 7 Oasis 6280 D4 Balcony 3/11/2018 Western 7 Allure 6662 D8 Balcony 4/9/2018 Singapore 13 Mariner 9624 JS Junior St 4/22/2018 Suez Canal 15 Mariner 1568 GS

Fantastic,that's the way to live.

Thanks for posting that interesting article.

I thought people put mixers in their vodka for taste.

Raw Vodka tastes like the alcohol we made in school chemistry class.

This is true.

Also during Spring Break and schools out cruises. Summer time cruises. Holiday cruises.

I would say the majority of Status cruisers avoid the higher priced cruises and busy ones.

TA/TP/Repo Cruises have been popular cruising times for those chasing points. It looks like Royal is starting to price some of these attractive ones out of the point cruisers price range.

We can cruise year round out of Florida.

If I could live anywhere else it would be Florida.

JC

JC

You need to get your tastebuds checked. Lol

If I could live anywhere else it would be Florida.

Our alarm engineer rents an apartment in Florida for the first three months of the year, and gets the cheapest deals he can, to be able to cruise almost every week of his stay.

Our alarm engineer rents an apartment in Florida for the first three months of the year, and gets the cheapest deals he can, to be able to cruise almost every week of his stay.

If I were going to cruise every week then I would probably forgo the apartment. Could always use that rent money for extra tips.

But do you ask where they're from or what they do for a living? [emoji6]

I was the supervisor of grounds crew for Minute Maid Park on my last cruise and the lead design engineer of dog poop scoopers the cruise before. My next cruise I'm leaning towards a FOX Sports camera man. ;p

I don’t drink much vodka ....

JC

Sorry J.C., I am absolutely no alcohol or vodka snob but the first time I ever tasted this N.A. vodka was a couple of weeks ago on Freedom. There is something wrong with that stuff.

Sorry J.C., I am absolutely no alcohol or vodka snob but the first time I ever tasted this N.A. vodka was a couple of weeks ago on Freedom. There is something wrong with that stuff.

Lighter fluid?

And everyone thought that they were installing scrubbers beside the DL on many ships.:D

I said a long time ago when we were docked across from Freedom as the scrubber was being installed it reminded me of the Beverly Hillbillies with a giant still.

I was the supervisor of grounds crew for Minute Maid Park on my last cruise and the lead design engineer of dog poop scoopers the cruise before. My next cruise I'm leaning towards a FOX Sports camera man. ;p
The next cruise you could tell them your a comedian lol.

Now, the elites here aren’t complaining about their private room being too crowded to enjoy their free drinks, but complaining that the liquor you’re getting for FREE isn’t top shelf.

What I’ve never understood about this website - the most vocal and frequent posters are the ones telling everyone to search on their own and truly belittling those in a mob like mentality. One of you made a comment about sitting at a bar on a ship....so let’s see, one of the most entertaining and beloved posters here always scopes with his drinks in hand. But that’s ok. Right? RCCL is really trying to entice a younger crowd onto their ships. Those younger people are not going to be impressed with all of your status and concerns that your free drinks aren’t good enough. Nowhere in this thread are any of you bragging about actually PURCHASING this top shelf liquor you want for free.

Say what you want about me, I know I come across as a meanie on here and yes I do know that it’s important that you research everyone’s site history.....but honest to God, I feel SO blessed to know that all of you D D+ P are all sequestered in your little room. On the rest of the shop, we’re having a ball.

Happy you are enjoying yourself...and welcome to Cruise Critic. ;)